HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Kennedy

Old
02-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

vCash: 500
Tyler Kennedy

He's having kind of a down season right now for the Pens. But when he's on his game, he's a legit top-6 winger with a helluva physical game. Just as speculation, what would you be willing to give up for him?

Sh00terMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
He's having kind of a down season right now for the Pens. But when he's on his game, he's a legit top-6 winger with a helluva physical game. Just as speculation, what would you be willing to give up for him?
Why must you turn the Trade Talk board into a house of lies?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:21 AM
Luwongo

Pens: Mason Raymond

Nucks: Tyler Kennedy + 4th rd pick

Just giving it a shot in the dark. although i'd much rather see the nucks improve their defensive depth, having a 3rd line of kennedy-CoHo-Hansen gives me chills. Grinding wingers to win puck battles and with scoring abilities paired with CoHo's hockey IQ/vision/hands...

If it was me, i'd be looking at a Raymond for Niskanen swap...

Last edited by Luwongo: 02-01-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Luwongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
as a pen fan I would glady take that

edit: what would you think about Cooke and a 3rd for Raymond? (the pens could also add a low prospect)

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:57 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
I disagree with you that he is a top 6 winger. Not a good one anyway. Maybe if he was playing on a really bad team he would be a top 6 guy, or a team with a massive amount of injuries, or a team that had all their salary tied up by haing a couple of superstars and a couple of all stars all with huge cap hits and didn't have the cap space to trade for good wingers without shipping out a player they want to keep.

That doesn't mean he isn't a good 3rd liner though.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
What is a down season for a guy that people said is capable of 40pts or more and is on pace for 40pts?

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Luwongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
what would you think about Cooke and a 3rd for Raymond? (the pens could also add a low prospect)
haha...unfortunately I think nuck's fans have had enough cooke to even want him back here. I'm much more intrigued by Kennedy's grit/skillset/age

Luwongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Vujtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwongo View Post

I'm not that familiar with Raymond but why would Pens be adding a draft pick here? What makes Raymond more valuable than Kennedy? It's not his production. It's not his age, experience or salary either. I don't think it's his physical or defensive game either because if that was the case, Canucks wouldn't want to do this trade.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:27 AM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
I'm not that familiar with Raymond but why would Pens be adding a draft pick here? What makes Raymond more valuable than Kennedy? It's not his production. It's not his age, experience or salary either. I don't think it's his physical or defensive game either because if that was the case, Canucks wouldn't want to do this trade.
Raymond is a good penalty killer, something TK hasn't done at all in his career at this point. Plus he's a lot faster than TK. I'd ship TK and a 4th for Raymond in a heartbeat so it must not be a very fair trade

AgentM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
as a pen fan I would glady take that

edit: what would you think about Cooke and a 3rd for Raymond?
(the pens could also add a low prospect)
Ugh, why?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwongo View Post

Why? They're extremely similar players...that seems like making a trade for trade's sake...and I don't think there's any value difference between the two, at least not enough to warrant a 4th rounder as a throw-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
What is a down season for a guy that people said is capable of 40pts or more and is on pace for 40pts?
It's clear from watching the games that he's not nearly as effective this year than he has been in the past. That and he only has 6 friggin' goals this year.

He just hasn't been the ball of energy we're used to this year. I think once he scores a couple goals his game will pick up, but he's been snake bitten all year and it's affected his play.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

He wasn't having a good year last season either until all the injuries hit and then he got loads of time on the PP and to his credit lit it up. He doesn't get those opportunities when the lineup is mostly healthy though.

I wouldn't think he's worth much on the trade market.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote