HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Senators at Bruins 1/31/12

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2012, 07:49 PM
  #1
traditionalhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to traditionalhockey
Senators at Bruins 1/31/12

via Twitter @fcshockeyfights

Thornton vs Neil


McQuaid vs Konopka

traditionalhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:23 PM
  #2
Proust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Konopka is generally a punching bag, so I'm not sure why he'd go with a guy who's 6'4, 210+ lbs.

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:31 PM
  #3
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
McQuaid a top fighter ? He can't beat Konopka who is a lot shorter than him haha

2 draws here

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:18 PM
  #4
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
McQuaid a top fighter ? He can't beat Konopka who is a lot shorter than him haha

2 draws here
haha, obviously trolling. Bruins won both fights.

it actually much suck for you because you seem to care about fighting a lot, but you're a montreal fan and have zero good fighters to watch.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:22 PM
  #5
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
haha, obviously trolling. Bruins won both fights.
haha, obviously trolling. Both are draws and even fans of other teams can see this. You know you're a homer when...

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:32 PM
  #6
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
haha, obviously trolling. Both are draws and even fans of other teams can see this. You know you're a homer when...
agree to disagree i guess. don't take it so personally. you're not the one fighting

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
  #7
zoA
Registered User
 
zoA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
Slight edge to Thornton, in the first fight, only because he seemed to have control the majority of the time. It wasn't that great of a fight, lots of close range positional punches. Pretty close to a draw.

Other one I definitely see McQuaid as the winner, his punches connected a lot better than Konopka's. Only nice shot I saw Konopka land was the uppercut, other than that he really didn't land anything of note. He seemed to be fighting for position the majority of the fight, which is understandable given the size difference. Respect to Konopka for going with the much larger McQuaid, but he definitely lost this one.

zoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:17 PM
  #8
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 14,180
vCash: 500
Let's move on to discussing the fights, please.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:25 PM
  #9
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
wow


the McQuaid fight was a clear win for McQuaid, one very hard shot to the face and a number of other shots vs. no real connections at all for Konopka, no question at all in that fight

Thornton was also a win, a narrow win, but anyone calling either of these fights a draw must need to see a total Knockout to pick a winner or something

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:34 AM
  #10
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad
 
stempniaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,448
vCash: 500
I think that for all intensive purposes the Thornton/Neil fight was a draw.
McQuaid beat Konopka decisively though, I don't think anyone can argue that.

I get why Konopka tries to hug it out a lot (typically against bigger opponents) but it really is just about the worst thing to watch.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:13 AM
  #11
Spawnisen
Believe.
 
Spawnisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Win for both Bruins, and man s mcquaid big

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:43 AM
  #12
acor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Thornton, Neil, Konopka, YAWN...

When I've seen this thread, I thought to see some epic brawl, and what I've seen is "enforcers" fighting each other. I want to see Spezza-Bergeron fight. This would be SOMETHING.

Something happened during the game ? Maybe Chris Neil cheapshoot ? Or was it "just because" fights ?


Last edited by acor: 02-01-2012 at 05:50 AM.
acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 05:45 AM
  #13
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,054
vCash: 500
Good fights, give an edge to McQuaid and Thornton.. Thornton actually landed some pretty decent blows

anyone know how many times Thornton/Neil have gone at it?

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 06:59 AM
  #14
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!
 
Rocket Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Capital of Canada!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
And then a game broke out..................

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:26 AM
  #15
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
haha, obviously trolling. Bruins won both fights.

it actually much suck for you because you seem to care about fighting a lot, but you're a montreal fan and have zero good fighters to watch.
Bruins fighters always get the win on website like hockeyfights.com anyway... Win or lose, we vote for Bruins

But you're right on this : Canadiens GM suck to find players who can fight. He is shameful

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:53 AM
  #16
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by acor View Post
Thornton, Neil, Konopka, YAWN...

When I've seen this thread, I thought to see some epic brawl, and what I've seen is "enforcers" fighting each other. I want to see Spezza-Bergeron fight. This would be SOMETHING.

Something happened during the game ? Maybe Chris Neil cheapshoot ? Or was it "just because" fights ?
Neil took a run at Thornton earlier in the game. He missed him, but he would have murdered him had Thornton not dodged it. Thornton tried to get him to go after that, but Neil passed. He didn't the 2nd time it was offered.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:06 AM
  #17
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
I'm a Bruins fan and I think they are probably both draws. An edge to Thornton in the first fight for controlling the action, and I think slight edge to Konopka in the second definitely held his own against the bigger McQuaid.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:25 AM
  #18
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,478
vCash: 1263
Id say they are both pretty much draws.... Not enough to tilt them either way...

Thats about as good as Konopka normally fairs in fights anyways....No idea why he does it???

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
  #19
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by acor View Post
Thornton, Neil, Konopka, YAWN...

When I've seen this thread, I thought to see some epic brawl, and what I've seen is "enforcers" fighting each other. I want to see Spezza-Bergeron fight. This would be SOMETHING.

Something happened during the game ? Maybe Chris Neil cheapshoot ? Or was it "just because" fights ?
Why in gods name would you expect a Spezza-Bergeron Tilt.. bergies got 1 fighting major (it was a good fight) and I don't even know if Spezza has even gotten into a fight. I assume at least 1 right?

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:51 AM
  #20
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
wow


the McQuaid fight was a clear win for McQuaid, one very hard shot to the face and a number of other shots vs. no real connections at all for Konopka, no question at all in that fight

Thornton was also a win, a narrow win, but anyone calling either of these fights a draw must need to see a total Knockout to pick a winner or something
This.. I was actually watching this with my nephew and trying to explain the why, whos whats of fighting in the NHL (he's 4 so it was pretty basic haha) and he said "he got a take down.. does he win?" i was surprised because most people think "if they ain't knocked out or bleeding there is no victor". The McQuaid fight was much better and I don't even it seeing a draw which is a good decision for McQuaids fight card since konopka is/was leading the league in fighting majors.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:09 AM
  #21
Wilhelm Scream
Registered User
 
Wilhelm Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
haha, obviously trolling. Both are draws and even fans of other teams can see this. You know you're a homer when...
Uh oh, you're wrong. Check: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fightlog/

Fans of all teams seem to think (know) the Bruins won both fights.

Wilhelm Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:11 AM
  #22
Wilhelm Scream
Registered User
 
Wilhelm Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Bruins fighters always get the win on website like hockeyfights.com anyway...
It's because they win most of their fights. And when they lose, that site reflects it.

Wilhelm Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
  #23
Wilhelm Scream
Registered User
 
Wilhelm Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Bruins are 24-7-7 in fights according to hockeyfights.com this year.

Wilhelm Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:15 AM
  #24
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
cant say mcquaid won that last one.... it was mostly a draw

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:30 AM
  #25
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Why in gods name would you expect a Spezza-Bergeron Tilt.. bergies got 1 fighting major (it was a good fight) and I don't even know if Spezza has even gotten into a fight. I assume at least 1 right?
I recall Patrick Sharp and him going at it when Sharp was in Philly.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.