HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Bc 3, Uml 2

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Bc 3, Uml 2

Just finished listening to the audio webcast of this game. Since I didn't actually SEE this game, I'm not going to go into my usual game notes on this one. So this is how it went down:

Sounded like a pretty good game (pity it wasn't televised). Lowell hung tough for much of the game. Schneider got his first collegiate career win and it sounded like he played quite well. The broadcasters (BC feed) mentioned that he moves well, glove was good but had some trouble controlling his rebounds. He seemed to be really up for this game and apparently his focus was pretty good too.

UML got on the board first, with junior defenseman Matt Collar getting the power play tally on a 5-on-3. Very late in the 2nd period, Patrick Eaves tied it on the power play. The scoring broke open in the third. Ben Walter restrored UML's lead again early in the 3rd (around the 1:30 minute mark). A few minutes later, Brian Boyle tied it for BC. The game winner came about midway through the period again by Patrick Eaves, after intercepting what was a very bad pass by Elias Godoy. Eaves finished the night with two goals and an assist.

The win was costly for BC. With Andrew Alberts already out for at least 2 weeks with a knee injury, the Eagles blueline took another hit. This time it was junior Peter Harrold. He suffered a shoulder injury and left the game in the third period. His status is uncertain for BC's game versus Notre Dame on Friday. The blueline was so thin after Harrold left that head coach Jerry York, ended up moving Eaves to play on defense with John Adams for the remainder of the game. With about two minutes left in regulation, freshman Dan Bertram left the game with what appeared to be a knee injury after attempting to block a Mark Pandolfo shot. According to the broadcasters, it looks like Bertram will be ok and should be able to go on Friday against Notre Dame. Bertram apparently played quite well in this game. The broadcasters commented alot on his speed and his willingness to drive to the net often. He saw top line duty with Eaves and senior Ryan Shannon tonight.

Old
10-19-2004, 10:01 PM
neelynugs

OC- have you seen ben walter? if so, what's your take on him?

FYI- alberts is out 4-6 weeks according to the official BC website

Old
10-20-2004, 01:12 AM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
i was at the game (i am the founder of the ben walter bandwagon), and ben walter really impressed me, which is saying a lot. he played well in both ends, was finishing his checks, and did a great job controlling the play when he had the puck.

and his goal was an absolute beauty. he completely undressed schneider with it

Old
10-20-2004, 11:56 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlambert
i was at the game (i am the founder of the ben walter bandwagon), and ben walter really impressed me, which is saying a lot. he played well in both ends, was finishing his checks, and did a great job controlling the play when he had the puck.

and his goal was an absolute beauty. he completely undressed schneider with it
what do you see his upside as? third line center?

Old
10-20-2004, 01:09 PM
johnny cool

Quote:
what do you see his upside as? third line center?
sounds about right

Old
10-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

FYI- alberts is out 4-6 weeks according to the official BC website

Yes. Another player I really like that I look forward to seeing more of this season. Ryanlambert gave a very good description of Ben but I'd also add his good vision, passing skills, sense of knowing where his teammates are on the ice most of the time, as well as his ability to really step up his game when called upon (which is, at this point, pretty much most of the time).

Old
10-29-2004, 09:43 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Yes. Another player I really like that I look forward to seeing more of this season. Ryanlambert gave a very good description of Ben but I'd also add his good vision, passing skills, sense of knowing where his teammates are on the ice most of the time, as well as his ability to really step up his game when called upon (which is, at this point, pretty much most of the time).
ben walter had 4 goals tonight vs. RPI

Old
10-29-2004, 09:50 PM
johnny cool

Quote:
ben walter had 4 goals tonight vs. RPI
that's because he is friggin' awesome

Closed Thread