HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kadri & Aulie To Marlies

Old
02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
True Blue Quixote

vCash: 500
Nothing wrong with sending Kadri down. He was not up to par last night. After his hit on Martin he kept hearing footsteps. He's a bit on the light side anyways, gets knocked off the puck far too easily. He's not NHL ready yet, at least not on this team. Maybe Columbus or some other cellar dweller.

As for Aulie, he should have stayed up. Gardiner should have been sent down instead, if it were possible. Gardiner can't clear anyone away from the net, and after last night's pass to a Penguin blowing by him...well, what can you say about that? Gardiner is overrated and Aulie has been underutilized.

True Blue Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

So disappointing to see Kadri get sent down again. He's been doing everything asked of him which is to limit his turnovers, shorter shifts, playing more responsible defensively, getting the puck out of the zone, hitting, going to the net and chipping in offensively. He hasn't done anything to get sent down but I guess that's what happens when there aren't enough roster spots.

One of Lombardi/Armstrong/MacArthur has got to go to clear some space for Kadri.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Pierre Gotye

Leafs need to get rid of MacArthur or Kulemin for Kadri to find a permanent home on the 2nd line, which is where he needs to play. Just not a third liner.

Aulie has seemed to regress this season, and until Komisarek or Schenn is gone from the lineup, he doesn't seem to have a home. Holzer and Blacker seem to be honing in on his spot. Might be trade fodder.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:52 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
Looks like he's still out. I'd imagine he'll get sent down once he's healthy though.
well that is disappointing, like other people Kadri deserves a spot and so does Boyce

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:56 AM
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

Naz is just the victim of a numbers game. He's on a rookie contract and can be sent down without clearing waivers. Essentially, that's the only reason he was sent down. His play has been deserving of a spot, and I believe by the trade deadline they'll have cleared a permanent spot for him.

I hate hearing all this "the Leafs screw ALL their young players" crap. Rushing young kids and expecting immediate results is exactly how this team has dug themselves into a hole in the past. We have the youngest damn team in the league, it's going to take some time for them to develop into a contender. I like how this team is looking now and for the future. They have a good young core and solid prospects coming up. Burke will clear spots when it's best for the team. He's not going to trade Armstrong and Lombardi for a 7th round pick because some message board kiddies think Naz is ready to be an NHL superstar. Yes, I do think some moves still need to be made, but to say they're purposely screwing over their younger players is asinine.

BE PATIENT. We're NOT winning the cup this year. HOWEVER, it would be wonderful if we can get into the playoffs and get this young team some much-needed experience in the post-season. There's a learning curve to being a good NHL team, and we're on a better point on that curve than we have been in a long long time.

End rant.

PoisonMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
somecut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Jesus christ, it's "mediocrity"... look up the definition for "meritocracy".

Komisarek has played well.
Excuse me? Seems to me you have the definitions confused. In this franchise's case, Mediocrity is the result of hypocritically not acting on your stated goal of a meritocracy.

somecut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecut View Post
Excuse me? Seems to me you have the definitions confused. In this franchise's case, Mediocrity is the result of hypocritically not acting on your stated goal of a meritocracy.
That was actually my bad

I know the definitions of both, just thought you meant mediocrity :$.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Anaheim
Ahhh....the Ryan/Getzlaf dream lives!!

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Duffman955

I don't understand the management. They play kadri less than the fourth line. They let him play with two useless bums (Connolly and Lombardi). Then they send him down because he isn't producing. Is that how you are supposed to treat your top prospect?

Lombardi, Macarthur and Connolly better GTFO to make room for Kadri.

Duffman955 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Sundinftw

kadri will be back sooner rather than later i expect after a trade is made to clear up some space..

Sundinftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
reporterchris Chris Johnston
Nazem Kadri and Keith Aulie gone from the #leafs. Looks like they've been sent down to AHL.

it's but a done deal it seems.
No surprise, expected it really.

Expecting our youth to play prominent roles in the present under the pressure to win now, puts any concern about the future and development on the back burner.

Lets hope that vetting up the roster down the stretch brings us playoff success making the end justify the means.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Koolboss

This just plain stupidity
Wilson is desperate to make the playoffs so if that means playing old and overpaid guys over young talent, he will do it
I'm done with the leafs for now
go pens go
enjoy your last days in Toronto Wilson
btw
Leafs will finish 9th or 10th, what a waste
Ciao leafs nation

Koolboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
pspot

7 years missing the playoffs should not determent the development of players.

I've been critical of Nazem but i'd at least like to have seen him get a shot of this season to play meaningful minutes and games at the nhl not sign a stop gap player like Connolly just to play uninspired hockey and still miss or just make the playoffs.

Kadri didn't even get to play in the AHL all star game, which would have been a nice reward if they were going to make him play there and he put in the effort.

pspot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:07 AM
tony m

Interesting. They did not send Kadri down to play in the AHL all star game. They gave him a week off. I seem to remember Bozak & some other (bubble/young/rookie) player(s) going down to the farm during an NHL all star week. My tiny & meager understandings of Burke leads me to think that he believes an all star game should be treated with respect, honour & duty. They could of sent him down for that game & then recalled him for last nights game. He took a week off because he had to play in yesterday's game? I don't think he was/is meant to go down. Maybe something's (some sort of trade) close but it didn't go thru (yet). Interesting.

Last edited by tony m: 02-01-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling
tony m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

I'm starting to wonder if Kadri has a spot on the Leafs in the future.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:12 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Re: Kadri to the Marlies

My thread got deleted so I can't share the conversation I had with Ron Wilson this morning.

Let's just say that...

...he didn't take my suggestion.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

How is Kadri supposed to build any confidence at this level if he keeps getting sent down regardless of how he plays? I think he's a diamond in the rough, but he needs honing at the NHL level now not the A. Two thumbs down on this move.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lebanese Leaf

bad move.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
HockeyGuy82

reimer stars tonight as per Paul Hendrick

HockeyGuy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:17 AM
somecut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
That was actually my bad

I know the definitions of both, just thought you meant mediocrity :$.
Ah. Its ok. And also, im ok with Komi over Aulie, i more upset about Kadri being jettisoned over the other stiffs.

somecut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:19 AM
darty

Not the end of the world.

I do find it remarkable how invisible Connolly can be out there. He doesn't exactly do anything for this club on an even somewhat consistent basis.

At least he's not a giveaway machine and is okay defensively, but it'd be nice if a guy like him could contribute something offensively as he's certainly paid to do so.

darty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Remember when Gardiner got sent down and everyone went ballistic and he was re-called in a few days.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darty View Post
Not the end of the world.

I do find it remarkable how invisible Connolly can be out there. He doesn't exactly do anything for this club on an even somewhat consistent basis.

At least he's not a giveaway machine and is okay defensively, but it'd be nice if a guy like him could contribute something offensively as he's certainly paid to do so.
Connolly's "effort" level last night was alarming, I've never seen him so disinterested defensively, it was scary bad, not even trying it appeared.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Leafsman

Couldn't Armstrong have been put in the AHL for a conditioning stint.

It would save Kadri the trip back next week after Armstrong goes day-to-day with a stuffy-nose or a missing groin!

Leafsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Gberg

I'm sure they told Kadri that this is temporary, and that he'll be back up in a couple of weeks once we get some bodies moved at the deadline. We're kinda near the cap right now

Gberg is offline   Reply With Quote