HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kadri & Aulie To Marlies

Old
02-01-2012, 11:22 AM
mooseOAK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darty View Post
Not the end of the world.

I do find it remarkable how invisible Connolly can be out there. He doesn't exactly do anything for this club on an even somewhat consistent basis.

At least he's not a giveaway machine and is okay defensively, but it'd be nice if a guy like him could contribute something offensively as he's certainly paid to do so.
That line had no chemistry but for some reason there are a whole bunch of people upset that it is being broken up and changed. That line wasn't good offensively and okay defensively, Armstrong can at least help improve the latter.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:24 AM
ThreeHundred

That's bs
He's playing pretty good for a rookie
Make room for him.. Armstrong hardly plays, what would you think if we traded Armstrong considering he's always injured.

ThreeHundred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:26 AM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Connolly's "effort" level last night was alarming, I've never seen him so disinterested defensively, it was scary bad, not even trying it appeared.
I also blame Wilson for not benching him and keeping him in the lineup.
And Burke for not trading or waiving him with that kind of on ice effort.
And the captains/assistants for not getting him interested in playing inspired hockey.

The team is to blame for tolerating this and not just Connolly.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Ometheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Corbeau View Post
How is Kadri supposed to build any confidence at this level if he keeps getting sent down regardless of how he plays? I think he's a diamond in the rough, but he needs honing at the NHL level now not the A. Two thumbs down on this move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
I'm starting to wonder if Kadri has a spot on the Leafs in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
7 years missing the playoffs should not determent the development of players.

I've been critical of Nazem but i'd at least like to have seen him get a shot of this season to play meaningful minutes and games at the nhl not sign a stop gap player like Connolly just to play uninspired hockey and still miss or just make the playoffs.

Kadri didn't even get to play in the AHL all star game, which would have been a nice reward if they were going to make him play there and he put in the effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolboss View Post
This just plain stupidity
Wilson is desperate to make the playoffs so if that means playing old and overpaid guys over young talent, he will do it
I'm done with the leafs for now
go pens go
enjoy your last days in Toronto Wilson
btw
Leafs will finish 9th or 10th, what a waste
Ciao leafs nation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
I don't understand the management. They play kadri less than the fourth line. They let him play with two useless bums (Connolly and Lombardi). Then they send him down because he isn't producing. Is that how you are supposed to treat your top prospect?

Lombardi, Macarthur and Connolly better GTFO to make room for Kadri.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
Leafs need to get rid of MacArthur or Kulemin for Kadri to find a permanent home on the 2nd line, which is where he needs to play. Just not a third liner.

Aulie has seemed to regress this season, and until Komisarek or Schenn is gone from the lineup, he doesn't seem to have a home. Holzer and Blacker seem to be honing in on his spot. Might be trade fodder.
Kadri will benefit more by playing in the AHL than he would in the NHL right now. He's not a good fit on the 2nd line (it's been tried), and we have too much depth otherwise.

He's wasted on the 3rd and 4th line. Now that Armstrong is back, Kadri goes back down to the Marlies where he can get top minutes, dominate in games, and build on his development; whereas in the NHL he gets less minutes, bodied off the puck, and his mistakes glare like hot coals.

Also, he has a two way entry level contract which means he doesn't have to clear waivers. Kadri being in the NHL also doesn't improve our team. Our biggest weakness is late-game endurance/consistency, keeping control of the flow of the game, and Goals Against. Kadri doesn't help any of that.

Last edited by Ometheus: 02-01-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Ometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Hyperglide

Armstrong sucks and is a black hole. Waste of 3M of capspace. They should've just kept Kadri up. How is the kid going to get better if you keep flip flopping him all the time? I mean ffs.

Hyperglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometheus View Post
Kadri will benefit more by playing in the AHL than he would in the NHL right now. He's not a good fit on the 2nd line (it's been tried), and we have too much depth otherwise.

He's wasted on the 3rd and 4th line. Now that Armstrong is back, Kadri goes back down to the Marlies where he can get top minutes, dominate in games, and build on his development; whereas in the NHL he gets less minutes, bodied off the puck, and his mistakes glare like hot coals.

Also, he has a two way contract which means he doesn't have to clear waivers. Kadri being in the NHL also doesn't improve our team. Our biggest weakness is late-game endurance/consistency, keeping control of the flow of the game, and Goals Against. Kadri doesn't help any of that.
2-way contract doesn't effect waiver eiligibility.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
mooseOAK*

I haven't seen so much Kadri related hysteria since.....Kadri was drafted.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Ometheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I also blame Wilson for not benching him and keeping him in the lineup.
And Burke for not trading or waiving him with that kind of on ice effort.
And the captains/assistants for not getting him interested in playing inspired hockey.

The team is to blame for tolerating this and not just Connolly.
Are you referring to his terrible .63 PPG, or his appauling +/- of 0 (even)?

Nobody ever expected him to be great defensively or play an aggressive game. That is, nobody who understands the game.

Ometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Dark Passenger

Disappointed for kadri, kid deserves to be on the team, but we know how these things work. I honestly can't see BB making a big splash for a top six forward before the deadline, but his mandate should be to at least move out some excess baggage to open up space for the youngsters who deserve to be here.

One thing..why wait until now to send down Aulie?
Doesnt make any sense for him to sit on his arse during all star break when he could have been playing games for the Marlies.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometheus View Post
Are you referring to his terrible .63 PPG, or his appauling +/- of 0 (even)?

Nobody ever expected him to be great defensively or play an aggressive game. That is, nobody who understands the game.
I didn't expect that, I expected effort. And he's not giving it.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Dayjobdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Doakes View Post
Disappointed for kadri, kid deserves to be on the team, but we know how these things work. I honestly can't see BB making a big splash for a top six forward before the deadline, but his mandate should be to at least move out some excess baggage to open up space for the youngsters who deserve to be here.

One thing..why wait until now to send down Aulie?
Doesnt make any sense for him to sit on his arse during all star break when he could have been playing games for the Marlies.
If you asked Aulie, I'm sure he'd tell you he'd rather spend the All Star break collecting NHL money and getting the break he deserved like the other NHL'ers. I think the teams that sent their two way guys down so they'd get a week of AHL money were bush, but maybe that's just me.

These two moves were obvious and necessary. It would have been moronic to put a useful player on waivers to keep either of them up.

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:42 AM
KuleminFan41

People need to get over their man crush for Kadri. He's good but he needs to actually SCORE.Thats what he's there for, he's done well but in his type of position, he has to score more and he hasn't done that. Sure it sucks that he went down but we're in a playoff hunt and we can't afford to play him in hopes he'll catch fire. Its good to be patient with him but we're here to win games not hope a player will do well eventually

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Remember when Gardiner got sent down and everyone went ballistic and he was re-called in a few days.
JM Liles return got Keith Aulie an AHL demotion and potentially Jake Gardiner a pressbox seat.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:45 AM
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsman View Post
Couldn't Armstrong have been put in the AHL for a conditioning stint.

It would save Kadri the trip back next week after Armstrong goes day-to-day with a stuffy-nose or a missing groin!
No, if a player is sent to the AHL for a conditioning stint, they still need to take him off the IR and use a roster spot. So someone would have had to go down regardless.

PoisonMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Quixote View Post
Nothing wrong with sending Kadri down. He was not up to par last night. After his hit on Martin he kept hearing footsteps. He's a bit on the light side anyways, gets knocked off the puck far too easily. He's not NHL ready yet, at least not on this team. Maybe Columbus or some other cellar dweller.

As for Aulie, he should have stayed up. Gardiner should have been sent down instead, if it were possible. Gardiner can't clear anyone away from the net, and after last night's pass to a Penguin blowing by him...well, what can you say about that? Gardiner is overrated and Aulie has been underutilized.
Gardiner: 8GP 1G 5A 6P +6 23:21 TOI

In January

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Leafsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonMushroom View Post
No, if a player is sent to the AHL for a conditioning stint, they still need to take him off the IR and use a roster spot. So someone would have had to go down regardless.
Huh, I was not aware of that!! Thank you

I still think we should send him down!! Mainly cause I don't wanna see him!

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Leafski

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream team43 View Post
That's bs
He's playing pretty good for a rookie
Make room for him.. Armstrong hardly plays, what would you think if we traded Armstrong considering he's always injured.
So would you trade for a player whos 'always injured'? You would be quite an epic gm bro.

Leafski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
People need to get over their man crush for Kadri. He's good but he needs to actually SCORE.Thats what he's there for, he's done well but in his type of position, he has to score more and he hasn't done that. Sure it sucks that he went down but we're in a playoff hunt and we can't afford to play him in hopes he'll catch fire. Its good to be patient with him but we're here to win games not hope a player will do well eventually
It's kind of hard to score playing with Lombardi and a struggling Connolly and havin 11 minutes of ice time

Remember when he was playing with mac? He had like 4 goals in 5 games and still never god promoted of anything he got demoted

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM
meng666

Last night was arguably the worst game of his recent call up (some trouble clearing the puck, and some indecision offensively) and he still was fairly noticeable laying out two big hits and sending a streaking Bozak in alone. He's been pretty good, good enough to keep around. hopefully a spot opens up before the end of the season. You gotta feel for the guy though cuz he was demoted immediately after a miss in the shootout. ouch.
That being said, it's awesome that he'll be getting top line minutes playing with Colbourne and Frattin, hopefully some chemistry develops there that can last for years to come.
I'm surprised Ron Wilson didn't go with the exact same lineup as last night because they totally dominated. Some bad bounces and a poor goal cost them.
I really hope the changes don't come back to bite us in the ass.

meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:54 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

here's the free kadri thread for some easy laughs

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1032179

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:55 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

I dont expect Kadri to be down long. Or Aulie for that matter.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

#freekadri

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
LC

vCash: 50
kadri is just too weak on the puck for the nhl, he still needs to get way stronger

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:59 AM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
It's kind of hard to score playing with Lombardi and a struggling Connolly and havin 11 minutes of ice time

Remember when he was playing with mac? He had like 4 goals in 5 games and still never god promoted of anything he got demoted
Ya Lombo and his what 4-5 goals in 7 games? Sure makes it tough for him huh. He's still with talented players and thats a fact. He came up and hasn't done enough to solidify his spot on the roster.6 points in 19 games isn't enough to keep your spot. Hes shown glimpses of talent but not consistently

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:59 AM
catgoldfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Hopefully there will be a move in the next few days to open up a spot for Kadri and ship out dead weight like Connolly, Lombardi and Macarthur.

Kadri should be up here, but it's clearly a numbers game. Nothing we can do about it.
It's more like Connolly, Lombardi and Armstrong. Mac has played well and is at least putting up points. The other 3 guys shouldn't be here.

catgoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote