HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc called up

Old
02-02-2012, 12:19 AM
pachorella

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Meh. Unless they keep him up I don't see it becoming Turris 2.0

If they're keeping him up for the season that's crazy.

Even though I like what I've seen so far it does seem they're rushing him. It might be a situation where 2 vets are getting dealt at deadline, last nights game sealed it (hypothetical) and the org feels Louis is ready and would benefit more from NHL time versus AHL time at this point. Plus it may just so happen that in less than 30 days he's #9 on the offensive depth chart.

If Moen and Kostitsyn get traded for example... Who plays on the 3rd line with Lars Eller? Blunden and Noke? Come on, with Gionta injured we'd need Leblanc. Palushaj hasn't been as good as Leblanc has been at the NHL level thus far. Leblanc seems to have seamlessly adapted to the AHL. Maybe he can do the same with the NHL. Even PK required a full season of AHL but forwards are often quicker to develop.
Like i said before, I don't like rushing youngsters in hard times but i can make an exception for leblanc because of his level of maturity, he shows great maturity for his age and his 2-way play.If I were a GM, i would call up my players after a win, it give them confidence, it shows I want them, after a loss and in hard situations, it panic them, they are here because they are the best option not because they are ready.
But,it also depends on the character of the player.
Now, if for instancce we trade moen and kostitsyn, u're right about leblanc being the best available option. But, i don't like that fact, because it might hurt him, it might have the u're the "only best option available" effect on him. I don't know if i delivered my point well. I am high

pachorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 06:50 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I feel sorry for any call up with this team.

Engvist got 4th line duties with Darche ! Arggggg ! So will Leblanc.
He can work on his big league 2 way play. He will have to be good defensively to play for the Habs.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:20 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Because Schultz isn't ready for NHL hockey and Conboy, correct me if I'm wrong, has been injury plagued this season in hamilton. I think he may even be out for the season. Even if he was, last I heard he still hasn't really shown enough to be considered for a call-up.
Conboy is out for the season and has only played 10 games all year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Actually i beg to differ. From what i heard they are both very close to the NHL. But it would be nice to hear from Dan on this one.
Schultz is without a doubt playing his best hockey right now, I don't think he's ready for NHL action but we'll see where he's out next year. Conboy we'll have to wait and see what losing almost the entire season will impact him (i don't even know what he injury is, since PG doesn't like the fans to know about injuries)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Agreed. Leblanc is pretty much a NHL lock, only question is his role. I got no issues with stints on the 4th liner for a couple games this season. However, for him to be a top 6 guy I think he'll have to be given a chance to dominate the AHL offensively.
I agree. Leblanc has more hockey sense and smarts with the puck than most. At his age he should be a lock I think next year. what I don't understand is with the Dogs he doesn't play on the top line (Avstin ahead of him) 5 on 5 or the PP. This kid will only get better in those kind of situations.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:31 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Conboy is out for the season and has only played 10 games all year.

Schultz is without a doubt playing his best hockey right now, I don't think he's ready for NHL action but we'll see where he's out next year. Conboy we'll have to wait and see what losing almost the entire season will impact him (i don't even know what he injury is, since PG doesn't like the fans to know about injuries)
Conboy had knee surgery I think early January, saw him on crutches a couple of weeks ago.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Andy

Louis played a good game despite his limited time.(I thought we should speak of something at least remotely positive).

IMO he's ready to play in the nhl now. I hope RC will give him more minutes. Louis again showed his high hockeyIQ.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Louis played a good game despite his limited time.(I thought we should speak of something at least remotely positive).

IMO he's ready to play in the nhl now. I hope RC will give him more minutes. Louis again showed his high hockeyIQ.
I'll stand by my previous statements.

Leblanc is a 3rd line level player at this point, maybe not a standout 3rd liner, but can play at that level and contribute.

This is solid for a 20 year old forward.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

This guy is going to be a top six forward IMO. His hockey sense is pretty ****ing amazing, perhaps not the most skilled, but he compensates with smart play, good positioning and great anticipation. One of the smartest prospects we've had in years. And he has balls of steel.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Habblues

Louis Leblanc

Louis Leblanc had a great 1st shift tonight and assisted on the first goal then he gets a total of 5 maybe 6 shifts the rest of the game. No time on a defunk Power Play. I used to blame those dumb moves on Martin. Poor louis never gets a chance to work up a sweat and get into a game. Can anyone shed some light ???

Last edited by Habblues: 02-02-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:07 AM
danyhabsfan

He played 14 shifts

end thread/

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Mrb1p

Even if he had 20 minutes of play... It would've been just more obvious that he's not strong enough both on is legs and trunk power.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Goalchenyuk87

That kid is looking very good on the ice. Sucks that he's here to r.i.p. on the 4th. This is pure skil waste

He still got a pass on that beautiful AK goal

Goalchenyuk87 is offline   Reply With Quote