Notices

McQuaid out - Lower Body Injury

Old
02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
MerrimackBruin*

vCash: 500
McQuaid out - Lower Body Injury

Sorry if this was already posted.
I guess Quaid got hurt and is questionable for the Canes.

At least Ference is back right?

MerrimackBruin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:31 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Naoko tweeted that he hit a rut in the ice late in the 3rd period last night.

Another random/goofy injury for him.

ssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Bridges31

Ference will be back which is good, but this means more Kampfer.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Cronuss

Cronuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
MerrimackBruin*

What we need is a little less Steve. A little more Adam.

MerrimackBruin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Hopefully all this ice time for Kampfer will finally get him progressing somewhere half decent

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

don't matter who plays or doesn't play, the canes have our number this year. Just gonna be another L for our beloved B's.

Kvartalnov_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Ference will be back which is good, but this means more Kampfer.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

vCash: 50
I saw him go down last night.. Guess he likes to injury himself.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:54 PM
BoyntBergie

I know by all accounts from Providence fans that he's been atrocious this season, but I'd really like to see Cohen get a game or 2 over Kampfer.

I was pumped when we got him and would like to see how he'd fit in on a solid d-corps.

Hopefully McQuaid comes back soon and it's all moot, but I've been keen to see what Cohen has to offer for a bit now.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:56 PM
BamBamCam

This is OK it should show Chiarelli that Kamper should be the #9 defenseman
on the Bruins.

BamBamCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
nonoffensiveusername

pleeeease let's sign a dman.

nonoffensiveusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:59 PM
bosoxmrkn

Send a message via AIM to bosoxmrkn
Why all the hate on Kampfer? I thought he played well last night. Handled the puck well, didn't make any bad turnovers. So he's not a big bad run-them-over type of defenseman. Doesn't mean he can't be effective.

bosoxmrkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:06 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxmrkn View Post
Why all the hate on Kampfer? I thought he played well last night. Handled the puck well, didn't make any bad turnovers. So he's not a big bad run-them-over type of defenseman. Doesn't mean he can't be effective.
In fact, Kampfer is a turnover machine and a liability in his own end. He gets knocked off the puck much too easily and is prone to serious lapses in breakouts, possession, and reading certain situations appropriately. The problem is, he's better than Bartkowski and Cohen, who I assume are below him on the depth chart.

There was a time last night while McQuaid was in the box and we saw a pairing of Kampfer and Corvo get hemmed into their own zone for two straight shifts, constantly getting beat to pucks or getting beat in one-on-one battles along the walls. At least Corvo's offensive instincts are good enough to outweigh some of his more glaring mistakes defensively, but Kampfer is just brutal to watch in all three zones.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I figured he may have busted his hand last night in his fight. It was purple after the fight but i guess it's fine and something else ****ed him up

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxmrkn View Post
We have to be watching 2 different Kampfer's.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Neely08

Grrrrrr....

Well, better now than, you know...

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:21 PM
ODAAT

Let's hope it's minor, I'd hate for Chia to have to make a deal from a position of weakness with other GM's knowing you have a guy out long term (not that it sounds serious with Quaider)

Old
02-01-2012, 02:44 PM
nycbruins*

I don't think I've seen more unfair and unnecessary complaining about a young player ever than there has been for Kampfer.

The kid has talent and character. But he's been a little injury-prone and now he's played a total of about 20 games in almost a calendar year, mostly small minutes. And the amount of crap he takes on here is absurd. I think had he been healthy from the jump and the Corvo trade was never made, he'd be our PMD right now and he wouldn't be a great one, but at the very least you'd have a good trade asset. I doubt he would have been worse than Corvo's been overall.

Now, I don't want him on the ice right now or in the playoffs, either. I will defend Claude & Chia's decisions to no end, but the mishandling of Kampfer this season has been terrible. And for what? So the Bruins could accumulate more cap space they're not going to use?

Why the Bruins didn't get a cheap veteran 7th d-man months ago and let Kampfer play in Providence is so beyond me.

What a waste of a season for Kampfer, and now he's supposed to pick up his game in the stretch run when he's hardly played all season, not even in Providence?

So I agree with you guys that I don't want him on the ice for the Bruins again this season, but it has little to do with Kampfer himself and more because of his mismanagement by the Bruins, which is rare to say for this group.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
RussellmaniaKW

yeah it really annoys me that people on this board are constantly ready to get rid of a guy after he has a bad game in his first game back form being a scratch for weeks. He's a young player and it's not realistic to expect him to be at the top of his game in that situation. Kampfer has shown in the past that with regular minutes he can be effective, so let's maybe reserve judgement until we see him get into a bit of a rhythm.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Shaun

I'll volunteer to play instead of Kampfer.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
I don't think I've seen more unfair and unnecessary complaining about a young player ever than there has been for Kampfer.

The kid has talent and character. But he's been a little injury-prone and now he's played a total of about 20 games in almost a calendar year, mostly small minutes. And the amount of crap he takes on here is absurd. I think had he been healthy from the jump and the Corvo trade was never made, he'd be our PMD right now and he wouldn't be a great one, but at the very least you'd have a good trade asset. I doubt he would have been worse than Corvo's been overall.

Now, I don't want him on the ice right now or in the playoffs, either. I will defend Claude & Chia's decisions to no end, but the mishandling of Kampfer this season has been terrible. And for what? So the Bruins could accumulate more cap space they're not going to use?

Why the Bruins didn't get a cheap veteran 7th d-man months ago and let Kampfer play in Providence is so beyond me.

What a waste of a season for Kampfer, and now he's supposed to pick up his game in the stretch run when he's hardly played all season, not even in Providence?

So I agree with you guys that I don't want him on the ice for the Bruins again this season, but it has little to do with Kampfer himself and more because of his mismanagement by the Bruins, which is rare to say for this group.
Kampfer played almost 40 games last year, he started off well, had some tongues waggin here, whispers about the PMD we needed etc....then, the last 15-20 games he played last year hit, and he was beyond brutal, your right, he`s a young kid, probably best or better suited to play minutes in Providence, but you should know, to find a 'cheap' anything this past summer outside of Pouliot, wasn`t happening.

I think most here like Kampfer as a person, probably like elements of his game too, young or not, EVERYONE who has ever laced them up just once, or a fan of this game who knows the game, knows, first rule, HEAD BLOODY UP, and the hit he took against the Flyers tells me, outside of the spotty puck control and defensive decision making that the kid`s head isn`t racing at the NHL level.

He`s young, still time to learn, not sure it`ll be as a Bruin but I wouldn`t rush to get rid of him, maybe replace him and send him down to the PB`s....not sure anyone "hates" Kampfer, but many of us sure don`t get that comfy feeling when he`s out there.

Old
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronuss View Post

HE'LL BE ALRIGHT!

MioneRask134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
I know by all accounts from Providence fans that he's been atrocious this season, but I'd really like to see Cohen get a game or 2 over Kampfer.

I was pumped when we got him and would like to see how he'd fit in on a solid d-corps.

Hopefully McQuaid comes back soon and it's all moot, but I've been keen to see what Cohen has to offer for a bit now.
Brilliant logic. He's been atrocious in the minor league and you want him up with the bigs for the stretch run?

Ratty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Brilliant logic. He's been atrocious in the minor league and you want him up with the bigs for the stretch run?
Agreed, at least with Kampfer the kids got some NHL time and is able to keep up with the play, his biggest issues are decision making in his own zone, I like Kampfer`s game from the blueline out, it`s from the blueline in that he needs some development, not a massive shocker with a still young prospect