HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes Selling to Your Playoff Team: BOS/VAN/WSH

Old
02-01-2012, 07:10 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
You don't need a dman like Yandle. You basically need a 2nd pairing dman that can play on the 3rd pairing - guys like Aucoin or Morris fit the bill and wouldn't cost a current core player to make it happen. The easiest way to fill this hole is with a rental player. Adding a top pairing big money dman like Yandle at the cost it'd take to get him, makes no sense.
Canucks are more likely to target players like Zanon, Oduya, Spacek, Aucoin, Kubina or Sarich than going after the like of Yandle. Depth is all they need. They don't necessarily need a game changer.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

How about Whitney AND Aucoin to BOS for their 1st?

Doan to either SJ or VAN for a first and a *conditional* 2nd(only if the team wins the cup or manages to re-sign Doan)?

02-01-2012, 07:13 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

Doan to either SJ or VAN for a first and a *conditional* 2nd(only if the team wins the cup or manages to re-sign Doan)?
Today Don Maloney said he will not be moving Shane Doan PERIOD.

Last edited by arsmaster: 02-01-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: clarity
arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Kind of a shame he would completely come right out and say that. It would be interesting to see what teams are willing to part with and which teams throw their hat into the ring for Shane Doan.

I'm sure that as the hours wind down on deadline day, teams will still kick the tires, but in all honesty, I don't see him going anywhere.

His loyalty is refreshing, but WOW would it be fun to see him do his thing on a powerhouse team and playing deep into June

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:

I'd do that. Main probably is Chiarelli said in recent interviews Boston is looking for a left handed dman.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:

Done from the Sharks. Hell, I wouldn't even care if the 2nd wasn't conditional, especially if that means the difference between the Sharks getting Doan and the Canucks getting him.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
You don't need a dman like Yandle. You basically need a 2nd pairing dman that can play on the 3rd pairing - guys like Aucoin or Morris fit the bill and wouldn't cost a current core player to make it happen. The easiest way to fill this hole is with a rental player. Adding a top pairing big money dman like Yandle at the cost it'd take to get him, makes no sense.
I fully agree which is what I was trying to say in my previous post. . My mistake.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
To:
Derek Morris

To:
WAS 2nd round pick in the 2012 NHL entry draft

Captials get a solid defenseman who would work very well under their system, and a veteran leader with a good contract. Phoenix gets a solid pick in the upcoming draft.
Big no from Washington.

First off, you'd have to talk with New Jersey about getting Washington's 2nd rounder in 2012. We traded it to them as part of the Arnott deal last season. We do have either Boston's 2012 2nd or Colorado's 2013 2nd from the Varlamov trade, though.

Secondly, no interest in adding another defenseman being paid $2.75M to play on the 3rd pairing. We already have Jeff Schultz and Tom Poti making similar money to be scratched (healthy and injured, respectively). Morris wouldn't supplant anyone in the top 4 defensively, so he's pricey for a depth acquisition. If he was a rental, perhaps. But having that contract on the books makes re-signing Green, Carlson, and/or Wideman this summer more tricky.

I do have interest in Taylor Pyatt if the price is reasonable.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Not looking to condemn Aucoin here, but looking at his playoff stats, it looks like he's made the playoffs 10 times and lost in the first round every one. is that right?

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:56 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
While Whitney has been playing well, he is 39 and I don't think Chiarelli would pay that price.
I think he would easily. I'd be happy to add Whitney to the lineup. I'd rather give up Caron than our 1st this year but either way I'd be fine with it.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Maloney will do as Doan wishes. Doan's contract is up, the Coyotes are more than likely moving to Quebec this summer, and are probably not making the playoffs. Doan will think about these factors as we approach the deadline. His career in Phoenix is looking like it may be over. He may as well chase the cup somewhere else. He may just decide to do so. Maloney will accommodate.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
jmichael7753

Coyotes aren't seller yet. Come on guys think before you post. three points out of a playoff spot doesnt make you sellers.

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Solus

i like it from the bruins p.o.v

Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
Coyotes aren't seller yet. Come on guys think before you post. three points out of a playoff spot doesnt make you sellers.
Games played my friend. Games played. If the draft were today, we'd pick ninth overall.

Old
02-01-2012, 08:16 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Not looking to condemn Aucoin here, but looking at his playoff stats, it looks like he's made the playoffs 10 times and lost in the first round every one. is that right?
Doesn't tell us anything other than that he's been on weak/ fringe teams through his career. You could say the same about Doan. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to play well in the playoffs on a good team.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

Quote:
Maloney will do as Doan wishes. Doan's contract is up, the Coyotes are more than likely moving to Quebec this summer, and are probably not making the playoffs. Doan will think about these factors as we approach the deadline. His career in Phoenix is looking like it may be over. He may as well chase the cup somewhere else. He may just decide to do so. Maloney will accommodate.
As someone who doesn't really follow all the PHX drama, it surprises me a bit to see actual Coyotes fans be so resigned to the team being Quebec bound. I'm assuming you're pretty tuned in to the team and it's future, so just how certain is the move at this point?Has Doan given any indication as to whether he'd be willing to follow the team or is that kind of discussion just not taking place?

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Shane Doan is not moving to Quebec.

I'd say the chances of the Coyotes playing next season in QC are greater than the chances of them playing in AZ. I don't really know, though. That's the tone I get from the NHL and the COG. They are already pointing fingers and blaming each other. I can't see a deal being worked out in the next couple of months under those circumstances.

Old
02-01-2012, 08:46 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

What would it cost to get Boyd Gordon to the Rangers?

2nd round pick?

First proposal too complicated.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 02-01-2012 at 09:31 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
To
Jordan Schroeder
Keith Ballard
2012 1st Round

To
Keith Yandle

I want a new Ehrhoff..
Then make an offer that is worth it. A disappointing prospect, an overpaid #7 defenseman and a 26-30 pick?

Yandle is Edler.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Moore Money

Aucoin isn't worth a second round pick either.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Yammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Aucoin isn't worth a second round pick either.
Well, what is "worth"? If the Canucks think that he is the best piece to fill their need (and I have no idea what they think) then he would be "worth" it. It's not just about getting good value, but about window of opportunity and secondarily about denying a trade piece to competitors. From the seller's point of view, they have every reason to bargain hard and no incentive whatsoever to make you a deal simply to help the Canucks win the Cup for their long suffering (and some would say insufferable, ha ha) fanbase.

That is why the trade deadline sees quite a few of these head-scratching deals where the seller seems to have pillaged the trade partner. They are only overpayments if the buyer isn't satisfied.

Yammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

I'd love to see Doan on the Canucks, but some salary would need to go the other way, about as much as Mason Raymond makes.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Yammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I'd love to see Doan on the Canucks, but some salary would need to go the other way, about as much as Mason Raymond makes.
I would like Doan too, but sentimentally it would be tough...he has been such a rock for that franchise, Maloney would look bad for trading him. On the other hand, sentiment is not worth a lot, if he could get a first rounder, I guess that helps the Yotes.

Yammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

vCash: 50
I'd maybe do Aucoin + Colorado's 4th round pick for the Canucks 2nd round pick + Alex Sulzer.

It gives Vancouver a second early-mid 4th round pick to trade for a depth forward. (as we also have the Isles' 4th)

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:46 AM
DesertDawg

Whitney and Ottawa's 2nd for an unconditional 1st
Doan for an unconditional 1st
Rosival for a 2nd
Pyatt and the Coyote's 3rd for a 2nd

how about a rental line of Whitney, Langkow, Doan - a team wouldn't have to worry about chemistry

Last edited by DesertDawg: 02-02-2012 at 12:56 AM.
DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote