HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#50|Feb. 2, 2012|Predators at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
02-02-2012, 08:49 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Wayne "Gretzky" Simmonds played great tonight. Whats that 5 points in 2 games against the Preds this year?
Dr. Jagr gave Giroux what he needed.
Lilja was.....there. Good job drawing a penalty I guess.
Another great performance from Bryz. Hope he keeps it up. Solid game from all.

As always thanks to MSE for his dedication and hard work on the GDTs.
Lilja did play well tonight. It was a good group effort.

And thank you.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:53 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink the Clown View Post
I also think it's hilarious that Rinaldo has produced the same number of points as Andreas Nodl this year, and he's played in two less total games.
I don't really miss Nödl, but in fairness to him I believe he's been the third cog of what's been a pretty impressive third line for the 'Canes defensively. They shut down our top line pretty handily the last time around iirc. Him, Sutter and Dwyer kept the puck in our own zone for the most time they were on the ice. That NoGoal won't produce offensively isn't really that surprising.

Nödl had an assist tonight when they beat the Bruins 3-0, btw.

Rinaldo has been one of the most pleasant surprises of this season though. A pretty strong game overall for him tonight, and a beauty of a hit on Tootoo.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Sasso09

I was impressed with Jagr passing it to Giroux on an empty net, i always thought of Jagr as a selfish player, maybe he has matured at 40? hah. Simmonds looked pretty dominant tonight.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
20 saves away from being 900 again. Which is quite an achievment considering how damn poor he was at the start of the season.
I would keep playing him. But I have a feeling Lavi starts Bob vs the bevs then back to Bryz on Sunday.

Hockeypete49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:58 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I would keep playing him. But I have a feeling Lavi starts Bob vs the bevs then back to Bryz on Sunday.
He'll make his decision based on their effort in practice I believe...if Bryz continues to work hard as Lavi said he's done since the All Star break then he's in....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:00 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
I was impressed with Jagr passing it to Giroux on an empty net, i always thought of Jagr as a selfish player, maybe he has matured at 40? hah. Simmonds looked pretty dominant tonight.
Jagr really enjoys playing with Giroux, too.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I don't really miss Nödl, but in fairness to him I believe he's been the third cog of what's been a pretty impressive third line for the 'Canes defensively. They shut down our top line pretty handily the last time around iirc. Him, Sutter and Dwyer kept the puck in our own zone for the most time they were on the ice. That NoGoal won't produce offensively isn't really that surprising.

Rinaldo has been one of the most pleasant surprises of this season though. A pretty strong game overall for him tonight, and a beauty of a hit on Tootoo.
Yeah I counted his assist from tonight. Still, a 39th overall pick who put up over a ppg in college that many were high on for a while. His offensive game has even regressed a ton from last year.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Prongo
Beer

WHooa good win by the boyz tonight. Was at the game and they looked pretty good tonight. First period the Preds got a majority of the shots but nothing really seemed to dangerous off the top of my head. The definitely played defense very well in tonights game. Bryz glove save there before the empty net was absolutely incredible too. I had the angle from my seats to look right at the shot and I don't know how he made that stop. Bryz all around good game. Even on the goal he didn't push off that well, but I still don't think it would have mattered anyway. He had no chance at it.

All together what a great game and the crowd was pretty good too. Very loud tonight, definitely the best game I've been too all year.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Yeah I counted his assist from tonight. Still, a 39th overall pick who put up over a ppg in college that many were high on for a while. His offensive game has even regressed a ton from last year.
Brandon Sutter is a good young center, but he is no Mike Richards. Pat Dwyer is also nowhere near whoever was the third player on that line (Zherdev, Versteeg, van Riemsdyk).

As I said, I don't miss Nödl, I didn't particularly like him when he was here, but I have some respect for the way he turned his game around after the first time he came up to the big team. He was absolutely atrocious defensively. He worked on that part in the AHL though, and came back up a lot better, especially with his board work. He's never gonna be a big scorer in the NHL, but few people are. For those that come close but can't quite cut it, they have to develop other areas of their games. Not everyone can do that.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:18 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

My favorite game is still the last Boston game..despite the SO loss....but this one was well played.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
Simmonds is 1 goal from tying his career high.
Talbot, too. Which I think is a bit more surprising since he's so much older and more established. Talbot's cap hit, for this season at least, is looking VERY good.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Brandon Sutter is a good young center, but he is no Mike Richards. Pat Dwyer is also nowhere near whoever was the third player on that line (Zherdev, Versteeg, van Riemsdyk).

As I said, I don't miss Nödl, I didn't particularly like him when he was here, but I have some respect for the way he turned his game around after the first time he came up to the big team. He was absolutely atrocious defensively. He worked on that part in the AHL though, and came back up a lot better, especially with his board work. He's never gonna be a big scorer in the NHL, but few people are. For those that come close but can't quite cut it, they have to develop other areas of their games. Not everyone can do that.
Just using his Canes numbers, he's on pace for 15 points over the course of an entire season. Pretty damn bad for 3rd line minutes. Then again, I don't think many teams in the NHL would think about using him consistently on anything other than the 4th line, but Carolina is obviously one of the worst teams in the league. It's ashame we didn't get atleast a late round pick out of him, considering we used a 2nd and he's got some 4th line value.

Speaking of using a 2nd on him, wow.... I just looked back, and he was eligible for the 2005 draft and went undrafted. He put up 16 points in 44 games in the USHL during his draft eligible year, and we turned around and used a the 39th overall pick on him the following season. That's brutal.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:43 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Talbot, too. Which I think is a bit more surprising since he's so much older and more established. Talbot's cap hit, for this season at least, is looking VERY good.
Talbot better keep playing well, and not get traded... My Talbot WC jersey is on it's way!

StandingCow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
He'll make his decision based on their effort in practice I believe...if Bryz continues to work hard as Lavi said he's done since the All Star break then he's in....
i would reward him, too, if deserved .... as Bob deserved the WC, Bryz needs to EARN back to back games this weekend

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:58 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

All the additions have been great this year so far i only wish that Voracek could find his finish hes great along the boards hard to knock off the puck but most times all his hard work ends in nothing happening..

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Kaktus*

I wonder how much Voracek will ask for?

I like how he plays: decent speed, good puck possession, tough to knock off the puck, real nice passing, plays in all situations. He is not soft or lazy a bit inconsistent but only 22 years old.. I'd like to keep him here but his points total did not and probably will not improve from last year and he can not finish. He reminds me a little bit of bigger version of Sergei Samsonov. Somsonov when he was with Boston (the good version).

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:26 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
All the additions have been great this year so far i only wish that Voracek could find his finish hes great along the boards hard to knock off the puck but most times all his hard work ends in nothing happening..
It is amazing how some games he and Simmonds both work their butts off (different lines) and do not end up on the score sheet. I wish JVR worked as hard consistently as they do.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
BernieParent

Quote:

I wanted nothing to do with Rinaldo at the start of the season, figuring he would be a suspension on two skates. To date, however, he has kept his head while still playing a physical game. I was so wrong.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:15 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Great game to go to. My observations:

Bryz looked strong, but not too tested. It looked like he made a weak effort on the one goal, though, but can't be 100% sure what he was doing.

Matt Carle...good Lord I don't know what's wrong with him but he made a lot of blunders tonight.

G is 100% in a rut, everytime he's just skating in and trying to force it to Jagr. Harts and Jagr force it to him upon entry. He's scared to shoot. 100% class all the way by Jagr at the end there, praying that wakes G up and calms him down. He's been gripping the stick too tight and trying to do too much, he needs to go back to basics.

Voracek is a freakin' tank. That dude is unstoppable, and I love his battling. Simmonds, same thing, his one shift was a thing of beauty (think it was in the 1st).

Felt like some of our players were going for the kill versus the puck, definitely like that when it's appropriate as it sets the tone.

Definitely felt like the officiating was tilted for Nash, saw a ton of interferences not called. We got away with one, think it was Timonen in the 2nd (that I saw).

All in all, great game and we needed it.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:41 AM
StandingCow

Yea, that pass to G from Jagr at the end... that was great, and it just goes to show what he has said before, he is here for G.

StandingCow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:02 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Zero. And the Flyers won 4-1. Three PPGs, two by LeClair.
how many people were screaming Eric "high and wide" Lindros back then

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:43 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Anyone else think Bryz is going to be clutch down the stretch?
I am hoping this is the start of a big run for Bryz! #24 Matt Read is unreal!!!

Last edited by OzFlyer: 02-03-2012 at 02:51 AM.
OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Talbot has been the player that Nodl didn't seem like he could be. A good defensive guy and Pk'er, but also the ability to score when given golden opportunities. Talbot is never going to create much offense on his own, but he capitalizes on the good plays made by his linemates.

A lot of those easy chances Talbot has scored on that have padded his goal totals and shooting percentage, were similar to plays Nodl flubbed.

Also, I remember the first time I saw Barry Trotz...It was on N64

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:12 AM

It looks like the ASG break has given them plenty of time to tune up, oil and service the turnover machine.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:37 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
how many people were screaming Eric "high and wide" Lindros back then
Tommy Soderstrom was the Islanders' goalie that night. All were lasers with LeClair scoring on rebounds twice, sure let's go with that.

What I remember about that game was the Islanders were called for three minors on the same play, that doesn't happen too often. I think that's happened maybe one or two other times in a Flyers' game.

Lindros was questioned about 14 shots and 0 goals and told the media that they focused too much on the negative.