HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 2 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST)

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
Why aren't the Preds linked to more possible trades? The only one I see mostly is Hemsky. What about Ruutu (?), Whitney or any others? Do we have any idea who GMDP is targeting? Is he holding close to his chest so as not to give out any indication to our competitors? Or are we gonna sit and watch everyone around us make some moves?
Don't read too much into supposed trade rumors. Most of them are completely made up.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:13 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

I think Poile is just waiting on that Vasicek type of blockbuster deal, or a playoff "monster" like Danny Markov.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
Why aren't the Preds linked to more possible trades? The only one I see mostly is Hemsky. What about Ruutu (?), Whitney or any others? Do we have any idea who GMDP is targeting? Is he holding close to his chest so as not to give out any indication to our competitors? Or are we gonna sit and watch everyone around us make some moves?
All of the above?

Old
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Although he seems injury prone, I do see Hemsky as a guy that would flourish quite well in our system as a first liner. So long as we don't give up too much.......

Old
02-10-2012, 06:46 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Don't read too much into supposed trade rumors. Most of them are completely made up.
It takes a long time for monkeys to hit names with darts ... too often they hit blank spots on the wall.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Although he seems injury prone, I do see Hemsky as a guy that would flourish quite well in our system as a first liner. So long as we don't give up too much.......
Do not want, wouldn't touch with a hundred foot pole

Old
02-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Do not want, wouldn't touch with a hundred foot pole
hence the "dont give up too much for him" theory.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:41 PM
maplepred

Would hemsky for Blum straight up happen? Would we be happy with that?

Old
02-10-2012, 10:01 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
No, but only because of possible interest elsewhere. We'd more than likely drop Blum + 3rd-4th for him and could possibly require more. I see us possibly picking up a package with Hemsky + Sutton for Blum + 3rd and that way we get a little extra value there...but in a sellers market there is almost no telling what asking prices are going to be. This is your classic raise the prices deadline where people will get screwed. The point is to make an intriguing enough offer that they want it, even if it means they get slightly less.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:04 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
No way it happens ... especially with the way Blum is playing in Milwaukee. His attitude shows on the ice and if I can notice it, any scout can.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
The real fish out there if it's true is Rick Nash. He is a cup game changer. I always wanted Parise and Ryan only because they were out ther and now they are gone so to speak. The Devils are in the same situation as we are with Suter and The Ducks decided right and pull Ryan back off the trade lines which that was right thing for them. But Nash makes the most sense for both teams. I don't want Carter and the Bj's should clean house and start all over. I would give them sk and hornqvist and take you pick between bourque and Geofferion or Spaling of course 1st round pick and them the limit give and take deal. That's basically 4 players for Nash. I would do something of that nature and work on this or that. It would suck if he wound up Det or Van or La.
With Carter, we'd push for Suter.
With Nash, we'd demand Suter, plus a compensatory pick if he doesn't sign here, plus another asset or two (perhaps Lindback), and laugh in your faces if you said "no".

Not a good idea, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I doubt Nash is moved, but if he is, I guarantee Poile isn't going to be willing to pay that price. I would, however, expect Carter's value to be at an all time low and that we could get him for a decent price.

Blum + Lindback +1st + latta would easily get that done.
Not even slightly. Nash would go for more than just Guys Who Look Like They'll Be Badass. We would demand current badassery.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-10-2012, 10:08 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
No way it happens ... especially with the way Blum is playing in Milwaukee. His attitude shows on the ice and if I can notice it, any scout can.
I don't think it's attitude so much as frustration. He did well last season and I see frustration this season because he's not lighting the world on fire like he thought. Just reminds me why not all young guys are ready to make the jump.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
With Carter, we'd push for Suter.
With Nash, we'd demand Suter, plus a compensatory pick if he doesn't sign here, plus another asset or two (perhaps Lindback), and laugh in your faces if you said "no".

Not a good idea, guys.

Not even slightly. Nash would go for more than just Guys Who Look Like They'll Be Badass. We would demand current badassery.
lindback, blum, latta, 1st is about as good as offer as CBJ will get for nash imo. he's a great player but never done anything spectacular to get a package too much more than that.

something like top 6 forward / top 4 dman, A prospect, B prospect, pick

so say erat, blum, latta, 2nd

thats a great package and maybe put a 1st instead of the 2nd.. what else more could CBJ expect?

erat + ellis + lindback + 1st + 2nd .. ? no one is gutting their roster for rick nash at this point and with his cap hit and contract.. carter is a much more logical choice for me and value wise

Old
02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
jmack4

Thoughts on Ryan Malone of TB? Worth asking about? Already signed so not a rental. I like his game - would fit in well here.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:52 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack4 View Post
Thoughts on Ryan Malone of TB? Worth asking about? Already signed so not a rental. I like his game - would fit in well here.
ehh id pass.. nothing against malone but if we are acquiring a forward I want a top 3 not top 6.. if top 6 is the best we can do (hemsky, ruutu, malone, ect), I want a defenseman to stabilize the bottom pair

Old
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack4 View Post
Malone has missed nearly a fourth of the games the Lightning have played since he signed with them. He doesn't really create offense with puck skills. He'd be a good presence to have in the locker room with all the young guys, but his style of play leads to a lot of injuries, and we don't need a guy who isn't going to play.

I still say that, if he's available, we should go after Plekanec. If not, go after Carter.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
maplepred

I am also torn about trading our first rounder this year. Gonna be a large draft class, may very likely cost us a blue chip prospect on top of whatever else we deal for a top tier forward.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
lindback, blum, latta, 1st is about as good as offer as CBJ will get for nash imo. he's a great player but never done anything spectacular to get a package too much more than that.
In that case, he wouldn't be traded. Carter's the one being shopped, not Nash.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:06 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
I thought nash wanted out? sorry just read the main boards occasionally and thought i saw that.. maybe was just a rumor? well still.. I think an erat + blum + lindback + 2nd is a about value for nash. it would never happen.. and I agree carter is a possibility. but a slim one

Old
02-10-2012, 11:17 PM
zellthemedic

Quote:
I thought nash wanted out? sorry just read the main boards occasionally and thought i saw that.. maybe was just a rumor? well still.. I think an erat + blum + lindback + 2nd is a about value for nash. it would never happen.. and I agree carter is a possibility. but a slim one
Someone posted an article on NHL.com about how they talked with Nash and he's unhappy with the CBJ and blah blah blah. Drama stuff. I doubt he wants out, more like he's just...well...not happy with the way things have been.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
That would be an insane daydream based on an overemphasis of a rumor of a quote taken out of context.

What he is alleged to have said to a friend of a friend is that he wouldn't object to a trade if he was asked but that he doesn't plan on leaving.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:07 AM
predwings

Quote:
Well, tradedeadline musings are that they are shopping both Nash and Carter while only expressing interest in selling 1 of the two. Also, if you think you are getting 3 roster spot players for Nash you aren't selling him because nobody will pay it. Same with Carter, nobody wants to gut their team and lose all shot at the playoffs for just one guy. The point is CBJ are in a hole. I wouldn't mind giving them picks and prospects with 1 roster player also.

Hypothetical Package Trade:

CBJ Obtains

Spaling + Borque + Blum + Lindback + 1st (2012) + 2rd (2013)

All 4 players have played in NHL and would be upgrades in Columbus plus 2 picks for building prospects.

NSH Obtains

Nash + Prospal

------------------

Everyone let me know if you like or dislike it. I'm worried that it's too much but it might be somewhat even here.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

^^ That is a terrible deal for Columbus

Quantity does not equal quality. Spare parts for an elite player

For Nash, I'd part with Wilson, Lindback, a 1st, and a prospect. Possibly more

For the record, I'd much rather have Nash than Carter. Yes, we would have to give up more, but he would be a better fit IMO.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:16 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Well, tradedeadline musings are that they are shopping both Nash and Carter while only expressing interest in selling 1 of the two. Also, if you think you are getting 3 roster spot players for Nash you aren't selling him because nobody will pay it. Same with Carter, nobody wants to gut their team and lose all shot at the playoffs for just one guy. The point is CBJ are in a hole. I wouldn't mind giving them picks and prospects with 1 roster player also.

Hypothetical Package Trade:

CBJ Obtains

Spaling + Borque + Blum + Lindback + 1st (2012) + 2rd (2013)

All 4 players have played in NHL and would be upgrades in Columbus plus 2 picks for building prospects.

NSH Obtains

Nash + Prospal

------------------

Everyone let me know if you like or dislike it. I'm worried that it's too much but it might be somewhat even here.
I'm thinking if they were moving nash they would want a more proven forward like hornqvist, or more likely wilson.

Also those above who suggested erat must be forgetting his ntc. I seriously doubt he would waive to go to cbus

Old
02-11-2012, 12:32 AM
predwings

Yea I was wondering, but I can't see whom we could move that wouldn't hurt our chances. Either way, perhaps Nash is the best fit that we just can't get. We might be forced to look elsewhere.

Closed Thread