HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TO and EDM

Old
02-02-2012, 04:29 AM
ITM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
What would TO want from EDM for Kulemin. I know he isn't having that great of a year but he is still young. I would like to have him on our 2nd line.
The tragedy with Lokomotiv had an effect on Kuli's play,and one would have to think Leafs management would have foreseen this. I think the buy low moment on Kulemin has passed, but in the event he were made available, I think MPS or Gagner plus would be the base to start from.

That said, young, physical defensively minded thirty goal scoring forwards should fetch a premium if they're going to be traded at all, and at this stage of Edmonton's development, I dont know if there's a fit...Don't know if Burke would see one, especially given Kuli's chemistry with Grabovski.

Though I do like the Kulemin, Schenn, TOR 1st for EDM 1st proposal listed above.

ITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:41 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
The Oilers do not need Nikolai Kulemin.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Paladin2799

Personally I would try to pry eberle from edm's cold dead hands.

Kulemin+aulie+ for Eberle

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:43 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITM View Post
The tragedy with Lokomotiv had an effect on Kuli's play,and one would have to think Leafs management would have foreseen this. I think the buy low moment on Kulemin has passed, but in the event he were made available, I think MPS or Gagner plus would be the base to start from.

That said, young, physical defensively minded thirty goal scoring forwards should fetch a premium if they're going to be traded at all, and at this stage of Edmonton's development, I dont know if there's a fit...Don't know if Burke would see one, especially given Kuli's chemistry with Grabovski.

Though I do like the Kulemin, Schenn, TOR 1st for EDM 1st proposal listed above.
Every player in the NHL knew someone who died on the plane(and many posters on this site had met many of the player as well) So I am not sure why it would affect him more then others

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:50 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:

Call me a Leaf hater or a homer if you must, but I'm pretty sure Toronto would have to add something significant to make that deal work.

For one, Schenn doesn't move the puck well enough. Schenn surely had a higher ceiling than Gilbert and Smid, but Gilbert and Smid have been playing better defensive hockey than Schenn this year.

For two, that's most likely too much cap space for Edmonton to absorb unless they want to let go of Smyth or unless Smyth wants to resign for like 3M next year.

For three Edmonton is loaded on the wings. They're weaker at centre.

For four, unless Edmonton makes a deal which makes them a much better team now their first rounder is easily a top three pick unless divine intervention occurs. There a lot more beef in this draft. For three years sports analysts have been talking about how this draft is to be loaded with the most high calibre defensive prospects since toaster ovens were invented. If Edmonton drafts the most NHL ready defenseman out of that draft you'd think that guy would be ready for second pairing minutes, 2nd unit PK and 2nd unit PP. If he doesn't sink under all of those minutes Edmonton will prosper quickly....

While with this deal Edmonton still needs a couple of top 4 d-men who're good puck movers, unless Petry and Potter seriously pull up their socks while Edmonton wait and hopes that Marincin, Garnat and Klefbom satisfy those needs.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:49 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post

Try Schenn and Kadri ......

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:54 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I doubt that would even work.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 06:03 AM
leafnationdisease

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
Kulemin, Schenn, TOR 1st for EDM 1st

Maybe.
biggest joke post.....in a coons age...GTFO

leafnationdisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 06:26 AM
jcoldwell

Edmonton doesn't need Kulimen. And if Toronto wants Edmonton's 1st it would have to be significant trade. If Toronto wants Eberle, it would be a significant trade.

What does Toronto have that Edmonton needs.

Edmonton needs:

A puck moving defenseman is Edmonton's biggest need.

To Edmonton:

Jake Gardiner
Joe Colborne
Toronto's 1st

To Toronto:

Edmonton's 1st

jcoldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Kshahdoo

I think Toronto should try to get that Edmonton 1st. Not for Yakupov, but for Grigorenko. The kid can become that 1st line center Toronto is looking for. Edmonton needs defense so Kulemin + Schenn + (perhaps) something for Oilers 1st doesn't look that bad...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoldwell View Post
Edmonton doesn't need Kulimen. And if Toronto wants Edmonton's 1st it would have to be significant trade. If Toronto wants Eberle, it would be a significant trade.

What does Toronto have that Edmonton needs.

Edmonton needs:

A puck moving defenseman is Edmonton's biggest need.

To Edmonton:

Jake Gardiner
Joe Colborne
Toronto's 1st

To Toronto:

Edmonton's 1st
Due it's a first round pick. You do this leading up to draft day not during the season when we trying to make the playoffs. Kinda overpayment as well.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:

Kulemin is no more a 30 goal scorer than Penner. He had one break out season, and is having an average season this year. He's 25 years old now....time to drop the "potential" tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post

40 point winger and a 3rd pairing project for a sophmore ppg clutch player. How about Gagner, and Teubert for Kessel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
2nd pairing dman(solid I will add) and Rob Schremp2.0 will not get a top 3 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
I think Toronto should try to get that Edmonton 1st. Not for Yakupov, but for Grigorenko. The kid can become that 1st line center Toronto is looking for. Edmonton needs defense so Kulemin + Schenn + (perhaps) something for Oilers 1st doesn't look that bad...
Maybe in Toronto it doesnt but Edmonton doesnt have the smog issues and it looks horrible

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:40 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
Kulemin, Schenn, TOR 1st for EDM 1st

Maybe.
Hahahahahaha unbelievable.

What happened in Edmonton that winning games means nothing? Every year everyone rallies around this horrible team and hope they can lose as many games to get the best draft pick? Isn't it time to try and win now?

Is it that cold? Everybody got brain freeze?

Yakupov may turn out to be a great player (although he's no longer the clear number 1)- but nobody is going to trade a top 6 two-way forward, a 21 year old top 4 d man... And a 1st that will likely be in the mid teens for him.... He hasn't even played a game?

Oilers fans really need to get over this love affair with draft picks... Draft picks are what you hope to become good players.. For a long time the Leafs fell short in this area, so why start trading these established players with potential, for draft picks?

Yakupov isn't that 'can't miss' player, he's not worth Schenn Kulemin and a 1st. Maybe someday, but not today.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:49 AM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
The Oilers do not need Nikolai Kulemin.
of course not, cause all u do is tank tank tank...when hall will have 35 years you`re still be on rebuilding process

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Hahahahahaha unbelievable.

What happened in Edmonton that winning games means nothing? Every year everyone rallies around this horrible team and hope they can lose as many games to get the best draft pick? Isn't it time to try and win now?

Is it that cold? Everybody got brain freeze?

Yakupov may turn out to be a great player (although he's no longer the clear number 1)- but nobody is going to trade a top 6 two-way forward, a 21 year old top 4 d man... And a 1st that will likely be in the mid teens for him.... He hasn't even played a game?

Oilers fans really need to get over this love affair with draft picks... Draft picks are what you hope to become good players.. For a long time the Leafs fell short in this area, so why start trading these established players with potential, for draft picks?

Yakupov isn't that 'can't miss' player, he's not worth Schenn Kulemin and a 1st. Maybe someday, but not today.
Potential is kind of the point of trading for a pick that is looking like it couild be 1st overall again. If you want a potential star franchise player you have to be willing to give to get. What do you think the difference is between getting the pick that became Stamkos and getting Stamkos out of Tampas hands? How about Tavares?

A deal like this would make more sense at the draft when you know it's 1st overall, but also less likely to be moved for that package at that time IMO. There never is a sure thing when it comes to prospects, but look at the players that have come out of the top 3 picks for the last decade and tell me how many of those you wouldn't trade a slumping 25 year old winger who's had 1 good year, a mid 1st round pick, and a dman when you're loaded with potential quality D? Another thing to remember is IF Yakupov hits his ceiling he'll most likely outpace every 1st round pick Edmonton has made in the last 4 years. He's seen to have more potential than Hall/RNH/Eberle.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
of course not, cause all u do is tank tank tank...when hall will have 35 years you`re still be on rebuilding process
UM...our Franchise has had 2 1st overall picks...ever...not sure where you're getting this hate from. How good would you be doing if you lost Kessel, Phaneuf, one of Schenn/Gardiner and only had Lupul for 1/2 the season you've had him for? Look at other teams who have followed the same model and if we outpace them for 1st/2nd overall picks then you'd have a legit point. But for now we're a team of rookies, with injured vets, and all our top talent has been hurt this year...not exactly a recipe for the playoffs.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:09 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Potential is kind of the point of trading for a pick that is looking like it couild be 1st overall again. If you want a potential star franchise player you have to be willing to give to get. What do you think the difference is between getting the pick that became Stamkos and getting Stamkos out of Tampas hands? How about Tavares?

A deal like this would make more sense at the draft when you know it's 1st overall, but also less likely to be moved for that package at that time IMO. There never is a sure thing when it comes to prospects, but look at the players that have come out of the top 3 picks for the last decade and tell me how many of those you wouldn't trade a slumping 25 year old winger who's had 1 good year, a mid 1st round pick, and a dman when you're loaded with potential quality D? Another thing to remember is IF Yakupov hits his ceiling he'll most likely outpace every 1st round pick Edmonton has made in the last 4 years. He's seen to have more potential than Hall/RNH/Eberle.
I agree with what you're saying, I just don't see Yak as that player. I don't put him in the Stamkos/Tavares category.

I see him more as a smaller bodied power forward, kinda like Taylor Hall but I think he has better hands in close. (better then Hall, but no Eberle)

I just wouldn't trade 2 of my most valuable assets AND my 1st for a player like this. I just don't see Yak as a sure-fire superstar... I'm not saying he won't be, I just don't have much confidence he will be either.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:20 AM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
UM...our Franchise has had 2 1st overall picks...ever...not sure where you're getting this hate from. How good would you be doing if you lost Kessel, Phaneuf, one of Schenn/Gardiner and only had Lupul for 1/2 the season you've had him for? Look at other teams who have followed the same model and if we outpace them for 1st/2nd overall picks then you'd have a legit point. But for now we're a team of rookies, with injured vets, and all our top talent has been hurt this year...not exactly a recipe for the playoffs.
i get what u say but then how do u ever expect to be a playoffs team when instead of trying to acquire some guys ready to help you for 3 4 5 years until another of your 1st rd picks will be ready, u guys come here and reject all the offers for young guys and pick..i can understand hall eberle and rnh not being available, but this pick this year is a pick u really need to trade to improve your team for the present...if u guys are telling me kulemin schenn + 1st + ...is not enough for the 3rd or 4th pick this draft well....beside yakupov and grigorenko no one from this draft could help you as soon as 2014 2015...

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:36 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Hall, Pajaarvi (developing of course), Smyth. Where does Kulemin fit? I don't think he can play rw effectively, so the post you were mocking is actually correct. The Oilers don't need Kulemin.

As per the "Oilers first" talk, if its a top 3 pick, expect Toronto's first, Schenn, and Gardiner to be Edmonton's asking price (we can toss some depth d-men in, like Barker or something). If the Oil end up with a 5-10 pick, then expect Schenn and a first to be the asking price.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:40 AM
The Saurus

Trading Kulemin would be a mistake. If a serious offer is made, I could see him commanding a hefty return that I doubt the Oilers would part with.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Shaun_W_W

The big problem with this is Toronto fans (and hopefully Burke) think if we trade Kulemin we are going to see his value as the 30 goal scorer with great two-way play that can be surprisingly physical which he was last year. Edmonton is going to want to get him for the price of a 2nd/3rd line forward who is going to put up 15-20 goals with good two-way play. The value between those two players is a huge gap that's why the trade won't work out.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:29 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Hall, Pajaarvi (developing of course), Smyth. Where does Kulemin fit? I don't think he can play rw effectively, so the post you were mocking is actually correct. The Oilers don't need Kulemin.

As per the "Oilers first" talk, if its a top 3 pick, expect Toronto's first, Schenn, and Gardiner to be Edmonton's asking price (we can toss some depth d-men in, like Barker or something). If the Oil end up with a 5-10 pick, then expect Schenn and a first to be the asking price.
Funny that you say that.. Kulemin is a natural RW who hadn't played much left side at all until he came to the NHL.. The Mac-Grabo-Kulie line has always had Kulemin on the right side..

Thanks for making it easy.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:30 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Not even close. Going to have to be a better dman than that and switch the 2nd to your 1st.
Toronto does Kulemin, Franson/Gunnarson, and a 1st for EDM 1st and runs.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Brian28

Quote:
i get what u say but then how do u ever expect to be a playoffs team when instead of trying to acquire some guys ready to help you for 3 4 5 years until another of your 1st rd picks will be ready, u guys come here and reject all the offers for young guys and pick..i can understand hall eberle and rnh not being available, but this pick this year is a pick u really need to trade to improve your team for the present...if u guys are telling me kulemin schenn + 1st + ...is not enough for the 3rd or 4th pick this draft well....beside yakupov and grigorenko no one from this draft could help you as soon as 2014 2015...
I do agree that this years pick is on the table just not for spare parts from other clubs. It'll be used with lesser players and picks to bring in a stud D or we'll trade down. Everyone says defence takes time but every year there are those that surprise or justyou stick like Meyers, Larson, or Headman.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dion Phaneuf View Post
Trading Kulemin would be a mistake. If a serious offer is made, I could see him commanding a hefty return that I doubt the Oilers would part with.
Completely agree. Kulemin has been outstanding for us the last few weeks. Very underrated defensively and just excellent at creating turnovers and scoring chances.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote