HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-chi

Old
02-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Hossa

for

Richards, Del Zotto, Staal

It would take this becuz it fills 2 chicago holes, d-man and centre.

And Hossa>>>>>>>>>>>Richards
HAHAHAHAHA

So while were at it:

Gaborik

for

Kane & Sharp

Essentially same as what you proposed.

Del Zotto is having a career year and Staal despite still getting back to his normal playing level from the injury he sustained is still an All Star defenseman.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:31 AM
BLBarmada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Staal is getting his game back together after missing practically the first half of the season with a concussion. Marc is limited offensively. He is a 25-30 point a year player. The Rangers stick him on the pwp now and again but he's not instinctive enough as a playmaker though he has a pretty good shot. He's never
going to be an offensive whirlwind.

On the defensive end--that's another story. He has a long body
and a long reach and when he's on top of his game--he is a beast. He plays physical without taking penalties and his good skating
makes him almost impossible to get around. He's quick on the puck and makes nice breakout plays. He's been a nightmare for
Malkin , Ovechkin and Crosby to play against. Girardi, and now
McDonagh as well.

4 years from now Hossa will be 37--no telling whether he'll still be the
factor he is today. Got to think there will be some decline. Staal will be 28 and in his prime. From the Rangers perspective that is a deal killer--that's not the way
they've built their team trading away younger players. If Hossa was in the East matched up
against Staal--I suspect he wouldn't be scoring very much either. He's not as good as Malkin, Crosby. Those guys have
problems when the Rangers match Staal against them--got to figure Hossa will too.

When Malks and Cros are on their game they're unstoppable......

That's a well known fact...

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:33 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Hossa for Lunqvist?

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Staal is getting his game back together after missing practically the first half of the season with a concussion. Marc is limited offensively. He is a 25-30 point a year player. The Rangers stick him on the pwp now and again but he's not instinctive enough as a playmaker though he has a pretty good shot. He's never going to be an offensive whirlwind.

On the defensive end--that's another story. He has a long body and a long reach and when he's on top of his game--he is a beast. He plays physical without taking penalties and his good skating makes him almost impossible to get around. He's quick on the puck and makes nice breakout plays. He's been a nightmare for Malkin, Ovechkin and Crosby to play against. Girardi, and now McDonagh as well.

4 years from now Hossa will be 37--no telling whether he'll still be the factor he is today. Got to think there will be some decline. Staal will be 28 and in his prime. From the Rangers perspective that is a deal killer--that's not the way they've built their team trading away younger players. If Hossa was in the East matched up against Staal--I suspect he wouldn't be scoring very much either. He's not as good as Malkin, Crosby. Those guys have problems when the Rangers match Staal against them--got to figure Hossa will too.
While I'm not trying to compare Staal to Pronger, let me note that Pronger developed offensively later in his career. He didn't become the offensive force he is known for being until he was 25-26 years old.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Hossa for Lunqvist?

Start w/Kane and keep piling on

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Hossa don't play no C, bro.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:13 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Brutal for Chicago. Hossa has a smaller cap hit and he's have the best season of his career. Could end up being their MPV by the end of the year.

Richards is looking pretty good, but you couldn't possibly expect the Hawks to be interested in a deal like this.
Hossa's broken 90 points twice and 100 points once. He's on pace for 85 this year.

Either way, this is a no-go from Chicago. Hossa's amoung the best two-way players in the game today, and he's finally rested and playing as well as Chicago knew he could when he was signed a couple years ago.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Koekkoek4U
Anthony Eclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
holy overpayment batman!
I couldn't agree more. Are you guys joking around with Stalberg and Gaborik? I would never EVER consider that and if that ever happened i might just have to murder glen sather

Richards > Stalberg Straight up would be fine with me. I think either of those are fine and I don't know why anyone would differ. Honestly in my opinion I feel like the Blackhawks have the upside of that trade but i think that stalberg is more defensive, more lively around the ice, well focused, and a team player. Richards is having trouble adjusting to the rangers this year. I think if Richards was on a team, with Patrick Sharp, Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, even Bolland, it would be a better adjustment for Richards and Stalberg. Stalberg is still young and he has a lot of time to improve (not that he needs much coming from what he has shown this year) but i think it would be a great adjustment for both teams

Koekkoek4U is offline   Reply With Quote