Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jersey name bars repair

Old
02-01-2012, 08:38 AM
TheLastSedin

vCash: 500
Jersey name bars repair

This is a little random, but I purchased a jersey from NHL.com this winter and the name bar is starting to come off. I think my gf threw my replica jersey into the dryer and the heat messed up the adhesive. Is there any place in Winnipeg that can get this fixed?

TheLastSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:25 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1031
Not Sure, but I would be pretty pissed. I got my jersey through Jets Gear and paid the extra few bucks for the stiching. I think they contract this out so you might want to contact them. Maybe they can just remove what you have and stich on a new name bar. You might also try a local tailor.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
bodybreak
Whiteshell Wild

vCash: 720
Also somewhat related, I have three threads hanging down off my Jets jersey. I've only owned the thing for a couple weeks, and have only used it for normal, everyday wear (not hockey). All the threads are on the same sleeve. I have never had this problem with any other jersey (NHL or otherwise), whether I've owned them for 1, 2, 5 or 15 years!

Because this jersey is customized, I'm woriried Jets Gear is going to tell me there's nothing they can do (but I will still try talking to them the next time I am in Winnipeg). Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions out there re. what to do?

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 10:01 PM
WWoJeff
WWo Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSedin View Post
This is a little random, but I purchased a jersey from NHL.com this winter and the name bar is starting to come off. I think my gf threw my replica jersey into the dryer and the heat messed up the adhesive. Is there any place in Winnipeg that can get this fixed?
I'd suggest River City Sports at Polo Park, if I remeber correctly they have the heat press and adhesive that can fix that. If not them any place that does heat press numbers should have extra glue they can use to reattach it for you.

For the future just gotta tell her to always wash it inside out and hang dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
Also somewhat related, I have three threads hanging down off my Jets jersey. I've only owned the thing for a couple weeks, and have only used it for normal, everyday wear (not hockey). All the threads are on the same sleeve. I have never had this problem with any other jersey (NHL or otherwise), whether I've owned them for 1, 2, 5 or 15 years!

Because this jersey is customized, I'm woriried Jets Gear is going to tell me there's nothing they can do (but I will still try talking to them the next time I am in Winnipeg). Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions out there re. what to do?
I've gotten a few threads on mine as well. I just cut it with scissors and haven't had any issues since. Depending how bad they are and if you can prove it's an issue with the product and not something you did (which could be hard) customized or not they should do something for you.

WWoJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:07 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

harv-al.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:29 PM
TheLastSedin

Thanks for the tips. I'm usually near the St.James area so I'll give them all call to see what they can do for me.

TheLastSedin is offline   Reply With Quote