HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Admirals at the Cleveland Barons (SJ) [6pm central]

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2004, 08:36 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
incredible ending...just caught the last of the third and OT due to work....Shish is becoming quite the go to guy, eh?

Old
10-20-2004, 08:48 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
After starting off the game sluggish, the Ads turned it up and proved, once again, why they were Cup champs. Segal played like a man possessed with 2 goals on 6 shots.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Maybe it just was that I turned the feed off after falling behind 3-0 and the Sportsjuice Jynx went away?

Old
10-20-2004, 09:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Sounds like Yablonski made meat-pudding of Hoffman.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:29 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Sounds like Yablonski made meat-pudding of Hoffman.
That's nothing to be ashamed of for Hoffman. Yablo would make meat-pudding out of almost anyone, no matter how big.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Hoffman got his ass handed to him, but only because Yablonski, a. had him pinned where the glass stops by the bench, and b. took his arm out of his jersey.

As for a recap, I've got one typed up in the Sharks forum, and it doesn't focus on your Admirals, but none of them were that great tonight minus Segal. Cleveland fell apart.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brownstone
Hoffman got his ass handed to him, but only because Yablonski, a. had him pinned where the glass stops by the bench, and b. took his arm out of his jersey.

As for a recap, I've got one typed up in the Sharks forum, and it doesn't focus on your Admirals, but none of them were that great tonight minus Segal. Cleveland fell apart.

Well, it's good to see that you can give credit where credit is due.

"You didn't win so much as we lost"

Old
10-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Pred303

Quote:

well shame on yablonski...and shame on the admirals too,and here cleveland was being so nice to us

Old
10-20-2004, 10:06 PM
SmokeyClause

Mr. Brownstone is a major, major Barons homer. Check out some of his posts on the AHL board. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:

If you deserved credit for losing 2/3 of the game, be my guest and take it. I was there, I know who outplayed who. And SmokeyClause, how exactly am I a Barons homer? We've got a great defensive unit and never once have I sat there raving about every player just because he's a Baron. Credit is due for the fact that Seamus Kotyk kept your Admirals in it, and I'll give him that credit. As for the rest of your team, no one played stellar besides Segal.

Hoffman and Yablonski traded good shots for a while until Hoffman got pinned up along the boards.

Old
10-21-2004, 07:19 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:

Oh isn't that case when every team loses?!

Quote:
If you deserved credit for losing 2/3 of the game, be my guest and take it. I was there, I know who outplayed who.
I know we can all be guilty of saying the preds out played another team but still lost, but it really is just making excuses. I don't particularly care who out played who as what really matters is when you look at the league standings and it says Milwaukee 3-0

Last edited by crossxcheck: 10-21-2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old
10-21-2004, 07:50 AM
NEOhioHockeyFan

Let's see if maybe I can smooth things over...

I'm sure I'm not as hockey savvy as some, but the Ads did not play bad last night. They didn't play well the first 2 periods... otherwise they wouldn't have been losing, but in the end it didnt matter because they made it up in the third and OT and we were unable to hold on the the lead. We were more dominant in the first and second, but like I said, that doesn't matter much when you peter out. You need to play 60 minutes of hockey to keep a lead and that's not what we did.

I think Seamus was pretty solid last night. He didn't make any amazing saves, but he also didn't see many tough shots. The goals he allowed were not soft in my opinion. One was a penalty shot from Marcel Goc and the other was a breakaway from Doug Murray out of the box. 1 on 1's are the hardest in my opinion. The other was a fluke. The Ads were trying to get it out of the zone and it ended up on Ehrhoff's stick and he got it over his shoulder from the corner (if I remember correctly). On our end Scheafer did make some great saves, especially in the third, but he also let in some soft goals.

Yes, Yablonski won, but no he didn't cream Hoffman. They went at it and Yablonski turned Hoffman around and then pinned him to the boards. He slipped out of his sleeve and got some good hits in. However, if it had stayed out in the open ice, it could have been a different story.

Anyway, the Ads walked away the winners and we didn't. We without a doubt should have... but we don't have anyone to blame but ourselves. The Ads put forth the effort in the end and won and deserve the credit. There's a reason you were the Calder Cup champs and it's foolish to take that lightly on our part.

Old
10-21-2004, 07:58 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLBaronsFan
Let's see if maybe I can smooth things over...

I'm sure I'm not as hockey savvy as some, but the Ads did not play bad last night. They didn't play well the first 2 periods... otherwise they wouldn't have been losing, but in the end it didnt matter because they made it up in the third and OT and we were unable to hold on the the lead. We were more dominant in the first and second, but like I said, that doesn't matter much when you peter out. You need to play 60 minutes of hockey to keep a lead and that's not what we did.

I think Seamus was pretty solid last night. He didn't make any amazing saves, but he also didn't see many tough shots. The goals he allowed were not soft in my opinion. One was a penalty shot from Marcel Goc and the other was a breakaway from Doug Murray out of the box. 1 on 1's are the hardest in my opinion. The other was a fluke. The Ads were trying to get it out of the zone and it ended up on Ehrhoff's stick and he got it over his shoulder from the corner (if I remember correctly). On our end Scheafer did make some great saves, especially in the third, but he also let in some soft goals.

Yes, Yablonski won, but no he didn't cream Hoffman. They went at it and Yablonski turned Hoffman around and then pinned him to the boards. He slipped out of his sleeve and got some good hits in. However, if it had stayed out in the open ice, it could have been a different story.

Anyway, the Ads walked away the winners and we didn't. We without a doubt should have... but we don't have anyone to blame but ourselves. The Ads put forth the effort in the end and won and deserve the credit. There's a reason you were the Calder Cup champs and it's foolish to take that lightly on our part.

Hey, thanks for being diplomatic. We're all just a little testy with no hockey in nashville.

Old
10-21-2004, 08:08 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Hey, thanks for being diplomatic. We're all just a little testy with no hockey in nashville.
Agreed on the diplomatic post. We are also testy because for our (the Preds) entire existence, we have never actually beaten a decent hockey team. They always give us the game. The credit never goes to the Preds for the win, but rather the other team is blamed for having not tried hard enough. We hear it from their fans, their players, their coaches, their announcers, and their writers. It's just annoying.

The bottom line is Milwaukee came out flat and woke up in time to flex it's muscle. Winning games where you don't bring your 'A' material is a sign of a top team.

Old
10-21-2004, 08:19 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
That's three games in a row they have come out flat. If that doesn't get fixed it will become a serious problem.

Old
10-21-2004, 08:43 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
That's three games in a row they have come out flat. If that doesn't get fixed it will become a serious problem.
I'm still not sold on the Ads goaltending either. Your offense can't always win games for you (especially when they have to come from behind).

Old
10-21-2004, 08:57 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed on the diplomatic post. We are also testy because for our (the Preds) entire existence, we have never actually beaten a decent hockey team. They always give us the game. The credit never goes to the Preds for the win, but rather the other team is blamed for having not tried hard enough. We hear it from their fans, their players, their coaches, their announcers, and their writers. It's just annoying.

The bottom line is Milwaukee came out flat and woke up in time to flex it's muscle. Winning games where you don't bring your 'A' material is a sign of a top team.

That's the exact point I was trying to make. Mr Brownstone can claim all he wants that the Barons beat themselves last night, but the Admirals attempted to do just the same. Yes, Cleveland might have played a bad game...but for the most part..so did the Admirals. The sign of a good team is being able to win regardless.

Old
10-21-2004, 09:07 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
That's the exact point I was trying to make. Mr Brownstone can claim all he wants that the Barons beat themselves last night, but the Admirals attempted to do just the same. Yes, Cleveland might have played a bad game...but for the most part..so did the Admirals. The sign of a good team is being able to win regardless.
agreed

Old
10-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Pred303

we all make mistakes....and we all know what it's like to lose a game you know in your heart you should have won...it was just a "posting faux pas" in the heat of the moment to post the "you didn't win,we lost" on the opposing team boards(even if the other team knows in their heart they were lucky to win the game and maybe didn't deserve it)...

now having said that,today's post was much better...

anyway,back to the admiral perspective

according to the ads announcer kotyk didn't play well at all,especially in the 2nd obviously...but when two of the 3 goals are a breakaway and a penalty shot and the third is off an odd man rush after a turnover it does make you wonder just how 'badly' he played during that stretch(if at all)...

hamhuis with two more assists,segal with 6 shots and the 2 huge goals in his first game!,ad's announcer gushing over the hamhuis-hutchinson combination saying "this has to be the best dman combo in the ahl"

just some more general observations and questions;
..hamhuis now with 12 shots now in 3 games..
..shishkanov with 3 goals on only 4 shots
..upshall-hrkac-tootoo line individuals with 17 shots in 3 games,but a -8 between them(-3 for upshall,hrkac,-2 for toots),0 goals,2 assists
..sounded like yablonski made a bad turnover to give Cleveland their first last night
..wonder who sits for segal(severson?who has lots of shots,lots of penalties,and a -2 or yablonski or smithson?)or does segal stay on one of the top three lines and forces someone else to move down to the fourth line(remember he was only there last night evidently because of pivko not being able to go)?
..(about time)learned the ahl changed their rules just last week allowing 18 skaters(+2 g)to dress(up until this year only had allowed 17)...this is why ahl fans aren't used to teams being able to roll 4 normal lines and are more used to noel having to mix and match lines as the game went on..will be interesting to see if he doesn't stay with more set lines this year
..smith with 6 frigging points in 3 games-him,fiddler,gamache sound great so far

Old
10-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Mr Brownstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
we all make mistakes....and we all know what it's like to lose a game you know in your heart you should have won...it was just a "posting faux pas" in the heat of the moment to post the "you didn't win,we lost" on the opposing team boards(even if the other team knows in their heart they were lucky to win the game and maybe didn't deserve it)...

now having said that,today's post was much better...

anyway,back to the admiral perspective

according to the ads announcer kotyk didn't play well at all,especially in the 2nd obviously...but when two of the 3 goals are a breakaway and a penalty shot and the third is off an odd man rush after a turnover it does make you wonder just how 'badly' he played during that stretch(if at all)...
..sounded like yablonski made a bad turnover to give Cleveland their first last night
As I'm sure you understand, I was furious over blowing a 3-0 lead, and more importantly, a 2 goal lead, on home ice, in the third period. I'm sure everyone can understand where I'm coming from.

As for the Yablonski turnover, it wasn't really a turnover. Ehrhoff just made a great play to keep it in and the shot had eyes. Yablonski tried throwing it high off the glass and out, but Ehrhoff kept it in with his shoulder.

Kotyk did play well. With no help on two breakaways and a seeing eye shot, he can't be labelled as the reason it was a 4-3 game.

Old
10-21-2004, 09:38 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
That's nothing to be ashamed of for Hoffman. Yablo would make meat-pudding out of almost anyone, no matter how big.
Way to go Yabo.

Old
10-22-2004, 12:46 PM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

Paul Brown, is he going to stay?

He hasn't played yet so what good is it keeping him around for nothing? Might as well come back to junior and play a key role? Thoughts?

Old
10-22-2004, 01:11 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Maybe... and I'm not a GM or anything like that, but maybe he is being held onto because he will replace Tootoo when/if the NHL starts up again? Can the AHL call him up if he plays in the Juniors? I truly dunno.

I know it has to be frustrating not only for a fan of a player but for the player as well to be held on to, like you say, for seemingly nothing.

--qm29

Old
10-22-2004, 01:16 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
Maybe... and I'm not a GM or anything like that, but maybe he is being held onto because he will replace Tootoo when/if the NHL starts up again? Can the AHL call him up if he plays in the Juniors? I truly dunno.

I know it has to be frustrating not only for a fan of a player but for the player as well to be held on to, like you say, for seemingly nothing.

--qm29
well, if he isn't going to be used in the ahl what about sending him to an echl team and calling him up if needed. would that work? I know the Ads got segal from the echl mid-season last year.

although after losing our echl affiliate that might complicate things.

Old
10-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Pattypred

Actually Segal came from his Junior team last year (Calgary Hitmen). I believe Paul would be an over-ager and the junior teams are limited to how many they can have.

Closed Thread