HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

2/2/12 - 7:30PM EST - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Bolts265

vCash: 500
I like your positive attitude.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn2007 View Post
i think we can only get in by 8th seed or the conference champion this is my bet that we will pull one of them off
Not this year they've fallen too far back. They can't lose games like this and expect to get back in the race.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:50 PM
zeykshade

Miracle run would be needed really. Regulation wins vs. all Division opponents and those above us in the standings are pretty much required at this point. I think we can lose < 9 games the rest of the way to have an outside shot, if we get help by other teams coming backwards.

I don't know what's more frustrating, playing that well to be let down by a non-call and a defensive brainfart by Clark, or reading the PGT thread on the Jets forum where they think they earned that game. So far from deserving that game it's tragic. They played well for maybe 10minutes.

Old
02-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Tough loss. The bolts outplayed them.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Darn we should have won this

02-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Only reason Jets fans should think they deserved to win that game is because of Pavelec. Whatever, no one keeps track of who "deserves" to win anyway, only the teams who actually do.

Saturday is a must win.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
I don't know what's more frustrating, playing that well to be let down by a non-call and a defensive brainfart by Clark, or reading the PGT thread on the Jets forum where they think they earned that game. So far from deserving that game it's tragic. They played well for maybe 10minutes.
The Jets beat the Lightning despite that the Jets were playing minus their leading goal scorer, Kane. They focused on checking the Lightning rather than forcing the play offensively; that leads to the appearance of being outplayed but in actual fact what occurred was a well fought defensive road victory.

The trapping Lightning team was out-trapped last night.

I like your team. Good luck the rest of the season.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
The Jets beat the Lightning despite that the Jets were playing minus their leading goal scorer, Kane. They focused on checking the Lightning rather than forcing the play offensively; that leads to the appearance of being outplayed but in actual fact what occurred was a well fought defensive road victory.

hurf durf 1-3-1 trap lol hurf durf

Old
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post

Out trapped? Seriously, you'd think a division opponent's fans would realize how infrequently the 1-3-1 is actually used. You'd also think that a Canadian would recognize when his team was outplayed and dominated, but their goalie flat out stoned their opponent too. Pavelec stole that game.

Old
02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
JedYzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Out trapped? Seriously, you'd think a division opponent's fans would realize how infrequently the 1-3-1 is actually used. You'd also think that a Canadian would recognize when his team was outplayed and dominated, but their goalie flat out stoned their opponent too. Pavelec stole that game.
This and that missed call. But historically the officials hate us, as TBL fan you tend to get accustomed to it.

Closed Thread