HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why Doesnt McD...

Old
02-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Rangers4Life74

vCash: 500
Why Doesnt McD...

get any pp time?we really dont have a defenseman that can actually carry the puck into the oppositions zone and he has that capability.too many times we dump the puck in,dont get to it,and watch the puck sail back down to our end.give him some time on the pp and let him carry the puck.teams are keying on Richards and Gaborik,knowing them 2 are basically the only 2 capable of carrying the puck into the zone,we need another option out there to keep the penalty kill honest.all the dumping and chasing is not working too good.

its so frustrating,its not like we dont have skill,but we are so predictable on it that teams know what to expect.

give the kid some pp time and let him skate and create.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 06:40 AM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Been asking myself the same damn thing all season...unconscionable we haven't given him a shot...

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 06:56 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
not only can he carry the puck but he has a very heavy shot too and is willing to take one timers instead of holding the puck then shooting like our current pointmen do. it certainly wouldnt hurt to try

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:02 AM
jacko23
KCCO!

Couldnt agree more. McD has shown to have a little O in his game, and the extra space would do wonders.

Like the extra space after your periods and commas. :-)

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:05 AM
JoeRangers

Definitely think he should get some PP time. Hes got a very good shot. Probably doesnt get PP time because he plays so much 5 on 5 and PK. Torts really has to figure something out with the 6th dman. Obviously Bickel isnt very good but he only played 6:30 yesterday. Hopefully Eminger gets back soon.

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Definitely think he should get some PP time. Hes got a very good shot. Probably doesnt get PP time because he plays so much 5 on 5 and PK. Torts really has to figure something out with the 6th dman. Obviously Bickel isnt very good but he only played 6:30 yesterday. Hopefully Eminger gets back soon.
Bingo !!! He already playing a ton of min .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Mac has always had a problem hitting the net. Wisconsin days.

Edler,Bieksa and Hamhuis do a good job on VANs PP. Nothing fancy.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Mac has always had a problem hitting the net. Wisconsin days.

Edler,Bieksa and Hamhuis do a good job on VANs PP. Nothing fancy.
DZ cant hit the net either but he gets plenty of pp time.McD can carry the puck into the zone,something DZ doesnt do well at all.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Bardof425*

He should get a chance but he cannot play 32 minutes a night so someone will need to take a little of his ES time.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
ThirdEye

I absolutely agree, I think he could be a huge asset there.

The only reason I can think of is that Tortorella would rather have him play 3-4 more even strength minutes since he's so damn solid defensively

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:00 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He should get a chance but he cannot play 32 minutes a night so someone will need to take a little of his ES time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I absolutely agree, I think he could be a huge asset there.

The only reason I can think of is that Tortorella would rather have him play 3-4 more even strength minutes since he's so damn solid defensively
Agreed. Hopefully Staal can get back to his old self soon. That would allow him to take ES ice time that McD is eating now, and then McD could get some PP time.

There was one shift in the Devils game where McD and Stralman were on for the final shift of the PP and it was the best 25 seconds of PP time we've had in months.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:50 AM
nafsregnar27

vCash: 50
It is one of the things that bothers me and have *****ed about. He needs PP time or how else is he going to develop a two way game. I love that Girardi is a warrior but he does not belong on the PP. Give time to McDonagh and Stralman, who have more offensive upside than Girardi. McDonagh is the only one out the top 30 defensemen that lead the NHL in TOI that doesn't average a minute on the PP.

nafsregnar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
asphyXy

McDonagh and Stralman on the powerplay. Do it.

asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:33 PM
JoeRangers

At this point if I thought it would help I would put 5 dmen out there on the PP. Gotta try different things until something works. (and no im not serious about putting 5 dmen out there)

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
DZ cant hit the net either but he gets plenty of pp time.McD can carry the puck into the zone,something DZ doesnt do well at all.
Except MDZ is 10x the playmaker of McD.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:06 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
At this point if I thought it would help I would put 5 dmen out there on the PP. Gotta try different things until something works. (and no im not serious about putting 5 dmen out there)
I believe the Flames were doing that a year or two ago

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Except MDZ is 10x the playmaker of McD.
i disagree with you there.DZ is put into situations to be a playmaker,McD isnt.McD in my eyes can be just as good a playmaker as DZ is if not better IF given those same opportunities

Old
02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
i disagree with you there.DZ is put into situations to be a playmaker,McD isnt.McD in my eyes can be just as good a playmaker as DZ is if not better IF given those same opportunities
Except he's not. MDZ is a much better playmaker. End of story.

Old
02-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Except he's not. MDZ is a much better playmaker. End of story.
ooh look; story open again. I agree that if McD was given the flexibility to create offense the way MDZ is he could and would be as good if not better than MDZ on the offensive side of the puck.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
ooh look; story open again. I agree that if McD was given the flexibility to create offense the way MDZ is he could and would be as good if not better than MDZ on the offensive side of the puck.
Except he's not. That's why he doesn't play that game. Because he doesn't have the offensive ability that MDZ does. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:05 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

McD has many positive attributes. There are a lot of things he does very well. he is not, however, as good of a playmaker as MDZ is. Not even close.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
McD has many positive attributes. There are a lot of things he does very well. he is not, however, as good of a playmaker as MDZ is. Not even close.
no reason to think he cant become as good or better.hes only in his 2nd season and he does have the talent to do so.its not as open and closed as some people think.if DZ can improve drastically,why cant McD?

i dont buy that he doesnt have the skill set either.he does and he has shown flashes of it already.

he just needs the chance

Old
02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
no reason to think he cant become as good or better.hes only in his 2nd season and he does have the talent to do so.its not as open and closed as some people think.if DZ can improve drastically,why cant McD?

i dont buy that he doesnt have the skillset either,he does and he has shown flashes of it already.
Having watched him his entire college career -- he does not have the skillset. MDZ has been an offensive wizard since he was a kid. McD has not. People thought McD would DEVELOP the offensive game, but he simply doesn't have the gifts that MDZ has.

Sorry, but he just doesn't have it. I don't think you realize how special MDZ is offensively. There are not a lot of players in the league that can do what he can. And he's ever improving.

McD will develop a bit more offensively, but don't expect MDZ level playmaking. That's not in the cards at all.

Old
02-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I would love to see McD getting powerplay time. Earlier in the year, he was showing very good promise of developing into more of an two-way defenseman. I love Danny G, but he doesn't belong on the powerplay. If Torts is afraid of giving up a SHG, then that doesn't mean you need Girardi. McD is almost at Dan's level in terms of defense, and better in offense. It's a no-brainer that he should be on the PP.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:

i dont buy that he doesnt have the skill set either.he does and he has shown flashes of it already.

he just needs the chance
So? Del Zotto is only in his third season. He's also going to get better.

I'd like to see Mcd get some power play time too. Probably once Sauer comes back and Torts has 3 solid dependable pairs he can lessen Mcd's even strength time and get him some PP minutes.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote