HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're 26th right now in the NHL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM
  #51
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Some people seems to forget that even if Columbus finishes dead last with 20pts under every other team, they might not win the lottery and pick second. Anyway, I don't mind the Oilers finishing in the top2, they need a a franchise dman more than anything else. Trading up with them should be pretty doable.

If the Habs win the lottery, I would trade down 1 or 2 spot just to acquire some more assets + Grigo/Yakupov/Galchenyuk.
If we finished with the 3rd highest pick I think we could do something with Edmonton to move up. They do want a blueliner and I guess Murray is projected as the number 3 guy in the draft right now. Or, they might just draft a blueliner ahead of Gorienko and leave him on the board.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM
  #52
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
yes but, I wouldnt count on it

1- 48.2-percent
2- 18.8-percent
3- 14.2 percent;
4- 10.7 percent;
5- 8.1 percent.
Yes, of course the lower you finish the higher you get of winning the lottery. But just look at last year, the Devils won the lottery and picked 4th. Meaning they finished 8th or 9th. So, I believe it can happen, anyway, I'm confident they'll end up with one of the three russian or Forsberg, no biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
If we finished with the 3rd highest pick I think we could do something with Edmonton to move up. They do want a blueliner and I guess Murray is projected as the number 3 guy in the draft right now. Or, they might just draft a blueliner ahead of Gorienko and leave him on the board.
I wouldn't take the chance of them doing so. Maybe they think having RNH and Grigorenko down the middle and model their team after Pittsburgh is the right way to go.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:45 AM
  #53
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Yes, of course the lower you finish the higher you get of winning the lottery. But just look at last year, the Devils won the lottery and picked 4th. Meaning they finished 8th or 9th. So, I believe it can happen, anyway, I'm confident they'll end up with one of the three russian or Forsberg, no biggie.
I'm confident picking in the top 5 for the habs. but not the 1st overall

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
  #54
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
I'm confident picking in the top 5 for the habs. but not the 1st overall
Same. I'm not even sure I want 1st overall.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:54 AM
  #55
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Same. I'm not even sure I want 1st overall.
If we really want the Centre instead of the winger, we want 1st overall, or hope the Winger or one of the Ds get picked..

If we get 1st, I'm not gonna squander it..

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:55 AM
  #56
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Yes, of course the lower you finish the higher you get of winning the lottery. But just look at last year, the Devils won the lottery and picked 4th. Meaning they finished 8th or 9th. So, I believe it can happen, anyway, I'm confident they'll end up with one of the three russian or Forsberg, no biggie.



I wouldn't take the chance of them doing so. Maybe they think having RNH and Grigorenko down the middle and model their team after Pittsburgh is the right way to go.
Plus as i said in the other thread.

The traded for Teubert, plus drafted Klefbom at 19 and Musil at 31 last year (thats adding 3 guys who are first round picks or close enough at 31 anyway, to their defence). They also will have another high 2nd rounder... and could add to their picks with trades of Hemsky, Sutton, and possibly even Ryan Smyth.

They have the possibility to add Grigorenko for the 1-2 punch down the middle and then get 2 or 3 dmen later, in a draft that is incredibly deep for defencemen.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:06 AM
  #57
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
If we really want the Centre instead of the winger, we want 1st overall, or hope the Winger or one of the Ds get picked..

If we get 1st, I'm not gonna squander it..
if im not wrong
Grigorenko is C? and Yakupov is winger?

I think Grigorenko(bigger and C) will fill our need more than yakupov
I will not Spit on Yakupov either

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
  #58
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,642
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Columbus has 1st locked up. Unless we miraculously win the lottery.

1. Grigorenko
2. Yakupov.
3. Forsberg
4. Galchenyuk


5.Gaunce


6. Collberg
7. Aberg.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
  #59
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 500
Now if we can just keep losing steadily till the season's over. A top five position could add us a major impact player (maybe even a legit star) in the first round plus another high-caliber prospect in the second. More to cheer about than anything we've been through this season, by a mile.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
  #60
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I think Grigorenko would be a solid choice for us but if we end up picking 2nd and land Yakupov as a consolation prize I won't be upset. Remember Malkin was the consolation prize to Ovechkin and look how that's turned out. Both are solid players but in the end pretty sure Pittsburgh is happy they didn't pick 1st Ovechkin is awesome but with Crosby's injuries and all that... Malkin is a godsend for that team.

Maybe we'll get "unlucky" and get "stuck" with Yakupov. To me he seems like he might have higher end offensive skills but he's less of a fit. Only difference is in this instance the big center is going first and the shifty talented winger is going 2nd and we need a big center

All in all if we pick top 2 we'll be golden next year.

Imagine the Plekanec line with Yakupov on it /drool.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
  #61
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Now if we can just keep losing steadily till the season's over. A top five position could add us a major impact player (maybe even a legit star) in the first round plus another high-caliber prospect in the second. More to cheer about than anything we've been through this season, by a mile.
By getting a couple of additionnal picks by selling players we could make this draft a franchise redefining event.

Is Grigorenko really ranked ahead of Yakupov now? Anyways I'll be happy with one of Galchenyuk or Forsberg (who could be picked earlier imho, due to him NOT being Russian. some teams are a bit reluctant to pick them. Columbus had terrible past experiences but they might not have a choice or are going to trade down)

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
  #62
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Columbus has 1st locked up. Unless we miraculously win the lottery.

1. Grigorenko
2. Yakupov.
3. Forsberg
4. Galchenyuk


5.Gaunce


6. Collberg
7. Aberg.
I think your missing some D-men (Murray, Dumba, Reilly, Trouba and Ceci). If those forwards are all gone (and I doubt they are) we'd be better off going with Murray.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:34 AM
  #63
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
By getting a couple of additionnal picks by selling players we could make this draft a franchise redefining event.

Is Grigorenko really ranked ahead of Yakupov now? Anyways I'll be happy with one of Galchenyuk or Forsberg (who could be picked earlier imho, due to him NOT being Russian. some teams are a bit reluctant to pick them. Columbus had terrible past experiences but they might not have a choice or are going to trade down)
Galchenyuk is also russian and people wont worry about Yaks and Grigs because they're already playing in North America,i think its safe to stay they're here to stay

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:36 AM
  #64
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Columbus has 1st locked up. Unless we miraculously win the lottery.

1. Grigorenko
2. Yakupov.
3. Forsberg
4. Galchenyuk


5.Gaunce


6. Collberg
7. Aberg.
Murphy and Dumba should be in there also

1- Yakupov
2-Grigorenko
3-Murphy
4-Forsberg
5- Galchenyuk
6- Dumba

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:38 AM
  #65
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
I would love to trade Moen + Gill for a (late) 1st round draft pick, Kostitsyn + Weber for a (late) 1st round draft pick + prospect and Campoli for a 3rd round draft pick.

Try to get a top 3 pick in the draft plus 2 x (late) 1st round draft picks.

I would want:

Grigorenko, Gaunce and Matteau

Build around:

Pacioretty - Grigorenko - Kristo
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Matteau - Gaunce - Gallagher
Conboy - White - Holland

Gorges (C) - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Nash - Emelin

Price

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:38 AM
  #66
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
RC's brilliant lines tonight :

Paciorety-Desharnais-Cole,
Bourque-Plekanec-Gomez,
Darche-Eller-Blunden,
Kostitsyn-Leblanc-Weber

29th is now probable - 30th is actually possible!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:43 AM
  #67
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
Galchenyuk is also russian and people wont worry about Yaks and Grigs because they're already playing in North America,i think its safe to stay they're here to stay
Galchenyuk is American born.

Has lived all over the world including the US, Italy, Russia, and then back to the US.

When given the choice last year, he chose the US team over the Russian team for the Ivan Hlinka... he would have been a top player on either squad.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:46 AM
  #68
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,475
vCash: 506
I really hope we sell.

We have a very slim chance of making the playoffs, if we were to make a big push we could end up in 10th or 9th, still miss the playoffs and end up with the 15th overall pick which would leave us exactly where we've been for 20 years, middle of the pack.

At least if we sell our player for a couple of 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks, maybe even a late 1st somewhere, we can draft some players (in a deep draft) and end up ahead of the game.

If we get the 5th overall pick it could really help this team as early as 2013-2014.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:10 PM
  #69
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
RC's brilliant lines tonight :

Paciorety-Desharnais-Cole,
Bourque-Plekanec-Gomez,
Darche-Eller-Blunden,
Kostitsyn-Leblanc-Weber

29th is now probable - 30th is actually possible!
poor eller

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
  #70
Ayatollah Chowmeini
Registered User
 
Ayatollah Chowmeini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MTL/MKE
Country: United States
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
poor eller
Oh man. Brutal misuse of Eller. He really needs a finisher on his line. But tanks away!

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:42 PM
  #71
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
That's amazing
Sounds more like a kid who's not mature enough to have class and not mature enough to control his sense of superiority thinking he's already on top of the world. Oops, you lost in the final. So looks like you're not even at the top in junior hockey.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:46 PM
  #72
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,792
vCash: 500
I want us to finish as low as we possibly can but i'd rather we trade down with another club who would had a high pick too to get good roster players. Or just go ahead and trade our pick for a Getzlav. Because there's no garantee that the two Russians will be great players.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:46 PM
  #73
Ayatollah Chowmeini
Registered User
 
Ayatollah Chowmeini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MTL/MKE
Country: United States
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Sounds more like a kid who's not mature enough to have class and not mature enough to control his sense of superiority thinking he's already on top of the world. Oops, you lost in the final. So looks like you're not even at the top of junior hockey.
Canadian fans and media were acting so ridiculously hostile towards the Russians for the entire tournament (and the feeling stuck, apparently) that he was allowed to gloat a bit.

The Canadian fans and media like to think that they're the arbiters of taste and class in the WJC when most other countries tend to think they're nationalistic jackasses and crybabies who don't actually care that much about watching kids play hockey. Just an American who lived in MTL for four years' two cents, so I don't expect to be taken too seriously.


Last edited by Ayatollah Chowmeini: 02-02-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: tense agreement. booyah.
Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:59 PM
  #74
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Canadian fans and media were acting so ridiculously hostile towards the Russians for the entire tournament (and the feeling stuck, apparently) that he was allowed to gloat a bit.

The Canadian fans and media like to think that they're the arbiters of taste and class in the WJC when most other countries tend to think they're nationalistic jackasses and crybabies who don't actually care that much about watching kids play hockey. Just an American who lived in MTL for four years' two cents, so I don't expect to be taken too seriously.
You know, hockey is one of the very few things Canadian dominate at (other than maple syrup production). Many Americans gloat because of their army (which is stupidly disproportional and an anchor for the budget), we gloat because we have a lot of good hockey players.

It means we DO look like nationalistic jackasses on these issues as its perhaps our biggest nation defining thing. I'm not defending that attitude at all, it might be the downfall of canadian hockey down the road. Arrogance is never good.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
  #75
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Canadian fans and media were acting so ridiculously hostile towards the Russians for the entire tournament (and the feeling stuck, apparently) that he was allowed to gloat a bit.

The Canadian fans and media like to think that they're the arbiters of taste and class in the WJC when most other countries tend to think they're nationalistic jackasses and crybabies who don't actually care that much about watching kids play hockey. Just an American who lived in MTL for four years' two cents, so I don't expect to be taken too seriously.
Fans can be "hostile towards the Russians. That's a given. It would be the same the other way around. Media ridiculously hostile? How so? For what is worth, I hear on TSN non-stop praises about this guy and how Russians are a threat and all. So give me some sources about that so-called "hostility".

Arbiters of taste and class? How so? Give me multiple examples please. Which countries "tend to think we are nationalistic jackasses and crybabies"? Examples? Sources?

If no concrete sources and examples, then you're just giving vapor arguments. You can turn all this around and say the same thing for all other countries because there are and will always be *some* people of one country who think people of another country are blablabla. But that means zilch. So you act like a jerk in front of the camera because of those people?

You think Crosby would have acted like him?


Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 02-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.