HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're 26th right now in the NHL!

Old
02-02-2012, 01:25 PM
OpenIceHit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Ahahahah!!! I want that guy on my team!!

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:29 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Now if we can just keep losing steadily till the season's over. A top five position could add us a major impact player (maybe even a legit star) in the first round plus another high-caliber prospect in the second. More to cheer about than anything we've been through this season, by a mile.
Sheesh forgot that we've managed to hold onto our 2nd for a change. Anyway, so far...

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 01:33 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

No point of winning this season. We need a star and the only way to get one in the new NHL is by the draft.

**** the last 2 months. LOSE

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Canadian fans and media were acting so ridiculously hostile towards the Russians for the entire tournament (and the feeling stuck, apparently) that he was allowed to gloat a bit.

The Canadian fans and media like to think that they're the arbiters of taste and class in the WJC when most other countries tend to think they're nationalistic jackasses and crybabies who don't actually care that much about watching kids play hockey. Just an American who lived in MTL for four years' two cents, so I don't expect to be taken too seriously.

Don't forget that the fans and media turned on the Canadian hockey team when they faced the Russian in the 70s because Canada acted like bullies.

There's no doubt that the WJC is a glorified tournament to make Canada feel good about themselves. But it's entertaining.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:22 PM
SB164

patrickcaisse Patrick Caisse
Le CH a maintenant besoin d'une fiche de 23-6-3 (!) à ses 32 derniers matchs pour faire les séries... #Habs

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:24 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
patrickcaisse Patrick Caisse
Le CH a maintenant besoin d'une fiche de 23-6-3 (!) à ses 32 derniers matchs pour faire les séries... #Habs
this is to be almost sure at 100%

but the habs can reach
with 18-10-4

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:25 PM
la25ecoupe

I'm sure Bettman will make sure we won't get the lottery.. if you know what i mean..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Fans can be "hostile towards the Russians. That's a given. It would be the same the other way around. Media ridiculously hostile? How so? For what is worth, I hear on TSN non-stop praises about this guy and how Russians are a threat and all. So give me some sources about that so-called "hostility".

Arbiters of taste and class? How so? Give me multiple examples please. Which countries "tend to think we are nationalistic jackasses and crybabies"? Examples? Sources?

If no concrete sources and examples, then you're just giving vapor arguments. You can turn all this around and say the same thing for all other countries because there are and will always be *some* people of one country who think people of another country are blablabla. But that means zilch. So you act like a jerk in front of the camera because of those people?

You think Crosby would have acted like him?
Look, I know how these arguments end. I'll never convince you. But if you want sources...

Kuznetsov takes a media hit after beating Canada.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...200758744.html

Canadian players, fans, and journalists getting bent out of shape over Mrazek fist-pumping in his epic performance against the Canadians.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...213326428.html

And another piece pretty much summing up my feelings (even though I enjoy watching the WJC)

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...224720936.html

And those are all from this year alone.

Look, I know I'm not going to win. But the false piety from Canada fans against 17 and 18 year olds from other countries just gets pretty ridiculous after a while, and makes the rest of the world think that plenty of Canadian fans and media are kind of sore losers (often even sore winners) in the WJC, and yes, nationalistic jackasses and crybabies.

BTW- as an American, I take no pride in my country spending such a disproportionate amount of our economy on our military. But Canada's been getting more militaristic in that regard too, and the excuse for Canadians can't just be "well at least we're not America" as you guys slide hard to the right.

My point really was, if that interview makes you want to not draft Yakupov, then I'm really, really glad you're just a fan and not our GM or head scout.

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:21 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
I'm sure Bettman will make sure we won't get the lottery.. if you know what i mean..
Yeah, I know what it is. baybaybaybay

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Watch Gauthier trade that pick at draft day for an established player and say that we are not rebuilding and we want to win now.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

We can certainly afford a couple of wins, unlike the 1984-85 Pens.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Look, I know how these arguments end. I'll never convince you. But if you want sources...

Kuznetsov takes a media hit after beating Canada.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...200758744.html

Canadian players, fans, and journalists getting bent out of shape over Mrazek fist-pumping in his epic performance against the Canadians.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...213326428.html

And another piece pretty much summing up my feelings (even though I enjoy watching the WJC)

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...224720936.html

And those are all from this year alone.

Look, I know I'm not going to win. But the false piety from Canada fans against 17 and 18 year olds from other countries just gets pretty ridiculous after a while, and makes the rest of the world think that plenty of Canadian fans and media are kind of sore losers (often even sore winners) in the WJC, and yes, nationalistic jackasses and crybabies.

BTW- as an American, I take no pride in my country spending such a disproportionate amount of our economy on our military. But Canada's been getting more militaristic in that regard too, and the excuse for Canadians can't just be "well at least we're not America" as you guys slide hard to the right.

My point really was, if that interview makes you want to not draft Yakupov, then I'm really, really glad you're just a fan and not our GM or head scout.
I don't see what all this have to do with Yakupov's behavior or how this justifies the behavior. Sorry I don't really see your point here.

Some articles (the same columnist mind you) about how Canada is too proud (sure, so?!). *One* article from a Canadian journalist trashing a Russian player. So what? Media trashing something or someone happens ALL THE TIME. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Like I said, I saw articles and reports from Canadian journalists about how great Yakupov is. So should I then claim Canada or the Canadian Media is at this kid's feet? No. It does NOT represent a country nor its population, nor THE Media. It certaintly doesn't mean every athlete should be a jerk in front of the camera because of that.

"But the false piety from Canada fans against 17 and 18 year olds from other countries just gets pretty ridiculous after a while, and makes the rest of the world think that plenty of Canadian fans and media are kind of sore losers (often even sore winners) in the WJC, and yes, nationalistic jackasses and crybabies. "

Stop making gross generalisation PLEASE. You are just blowing all this up out of proportion trying to justify why this kid did what he did.

And that interview alone wouldn't make me decide not to draft him BUT it does tell me something about his maturity and his personality.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 02-02-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

Thirtieth will be amost as diificult for the Habs to attain as first. The best the Habs can hope for is to remain at twenty-sixth but there will be competition even for that among the subterraneans.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Thirtieth will be amost as diificult for the Habs to attain as first. The best the Habs can hope for is to remain at twenty-sixth but there will be competition even for that among the subterraneans.
Agreed. We only need a pick at #2-5 to build our franchise around. Plus parity means that we can be afforded more wins than ever before in a tanking attempt.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Beendair Donedat

Trade Plekanec for prospects and picks. Helps in the rebuilding and tanking process.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Watch Gauthier trade that pick at draft day for an established player and say that we are not rebuilding and we want to win now.
Your crystal ball tells you that the pick will be better than the established player?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:14 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Sheesh forgot that we've managed to hold onto our 2nd for a change. Anyway, so far...
What makes you think gauthier won't get rid of it between now and draft day?

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I know it's hard for us to watch our favorite team lose and play like complete and utter crap.

But can we all agree that finishing in the bottom 5, and getting a top 5 (preferably a top 3) draft pick will be beneficial for the long term success of this franchise?

I know it's not guaranteed the player will be a superstar, but I sure as hell know that adding a prospect like a Nail Yakupov or Mikhail Grigorenko will make me feel much more comfortable about our future going forward. A real impact forward would be nice.

And let's get real. Who wants to see us squeak into the playoffs and lose in round 1 again? Better yet, who wants to see us miss the playoffs by a couple of points and end up picking 10th-14th?

I don't.

We're CLEARLY not going to do any damage this year. It should be obvious to everyone. While I won't cheer for us to lose, I certainly won't be disappointed if we do. As long as it's for the long term benefit of the franchise, of course.

02-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I know it's hard for us to watch our favorite team lose and play like complete and utter crap.

But can we all agree that finishing in the bottom 5, and getting a top 5 (preferably a top 3) draft pick will be beneficial for the long term success of this franchise?

I know it's not guaranteed the player will be a superstar, but I sure as hell know that adding a prospect like a Nail Yakupov or Mikhail Grigorenko will make me feel much more comfortable about our future going forward. A real impact forward would be nice.

And let's get real. Who wants to see us squeak into the playoffs and lose in round 1 again? Better yet, who wants to see us miss the playoffs by a couple of points and end up picking 10th-14th?

I don't.

We're CLEARLY not going to do any damage this year. It should be obvious to everyone. While I won't cheer for us to lose, I certainly won't be disappointed if we do. As long as it's for the long term benefit of the franchise, of course.
It's one of those things where you are happy if they win, yet don't mind if they lose because we're solidifying a better pick. I find myself enjoying the games much more last couple weeks with this mentality too.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:51 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:

I don't.

Well said Even if we go on a miracle run and make the playoffs were still gonna be one impact forward away from making us be a playoff contender to a cup contender. That next top 3 pick can be the guy that puts us over the edge this is our only chance to get a lottery pick lets not mess this up. I believe we can outlose everyone except Columbus. Like he said I'm not cheering for us to lose but wont be dissapointed when we do.

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Oh man. Brutal misuse of Eller. He really needs a finisher on his line. But tanks away!
I agree! Eller needs to be with a finisher. That means that he must play with ... hmm ... well ... a finisher hmm? .... how about ... no...aw **** it.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

I don't.

I don't know if anyone else will agree with you but I will. So uh, I hope that means something.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I agree! Eller needs to be with a finisher. That means that he must play with ... hmm ... well ... a finisher hmm? .... how about ... no...aw **** it.
I'm not sure if you're mocking me or not, fine if you are.

I just meant he needs someone on his line who can hold the puck long enough to get a shot off. Darche is good in the corners/in front, Blunden doesn't really do much offensively. Neither of them can pull the trigger on a quick shot like AK, MaxPac, or Cole. All I meant by a finisher.

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Did I say 5 games? Yeah count me in the bandwagon now.

12 pts back is too much. Fk it, just tank all the way down.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Pandemic

With the luck that the Habs have had, they'll end up drafting a dud with a top pick.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote