HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The swedes can't come soon enough, Condra on the top line now.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Afro Thunder*

vCash: 500
The swedes can't come soon enough, Condra on the top line now.

Apparently Condra has moved back to the 1st line and Greening to the 3rd.

This probably comes as move in reaction to that second goal where all of the forwarfs got caught deep and let to an odd man rush the other way, Condra is probably going to be the highman playing the defensive role.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Glad to see Michalek has gone ice-cold as well.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Smeddy
Along the Boards

I don't like Condra in the top 6. Put him back with K-Daug and Smith...

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Turris-Alfie
Condra-Smith-K-Daug
Butler-Konopka-Neil

Is what I would like to see consistently.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
sauce11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeddy View Post
I don't like Condra in the top 6. Put him back with K-Daug and Smith...

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Turris-Alfie
Condra-Smith-K-Daug
Butler-Konopka-Neil

Is what I would like to see consistently.
I agree about Condra, but no way should Neil be buried on the 4th line with those two. Put Daugavins there instead, and i actually like that lineup

sauce11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:17 AM
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce11 View Post
I agree about Condra, but no way should Neil be buried on the 4th line with those two. Put Daugavins there instead, and i actually like that lineup
So you're basically saying status quo? When Smith, Condra, and Daugavins was a line, they were producing almost a goal every game.

H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:17 AM
SenzZen
Unholy Masquerade

Meh. Call it an experiment. I really like Greening's game, but maybe Condra can capitalize on a few opportunities in the slot.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

it's worth a try i guess, but i really don't mind the lines from last game at all. i thought it was one of their best games in a while against a pretty good team too.

what this really does confirm (again) though is that bobby butler is completely done on this team and a top 6 forward is (still) needed.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Iamok
#Panic

The problem is that the first line only really works when Michalek is playing well, since Greening isn't the kind of player to carry the play. Boy do we need to get a top 6 LW badly....

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Condra's fine anywhere in the lineup IMO. Such a strong, all-around player can't hurt. I love the way he always at least sneaks a quality shot off when he has offensive zone time. He's the same breed as Regin. Put him on the ice and odds are his line will come out on top in possession and shots.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:30 AM
BK201

Condra is stronger on the right than left they should not slot him there he seems to struggle at times.

we need more LW depth. it's very apparent TBH.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
sauce11

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
So you're basically saying status quo? When Smith, Condra, and Daugavins was a line, they were producing almost a goal every game.
and that was months ago. daugavins has done nothing in terms of production in the past 2 months. he shouldn't be on the third line.

sauce11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
N Bahn Ahden

He isn't a scoring line player, but realistically neither is Greening. We have five top 6 quality players (incuding Foligno and Turris in that count), so it doesn't really matter who we put as that 6th guy. Condra is as suitable as Greening.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Greening has 27 pts, 6 less than Michalek, who would have guessed that at the beginning of the yr. I don't think it matters much, Maclean moves his players around quite a bit as most coaches seem to do these days in the NHL. It will be interesting to see what the lines are in the third when it seems to count the most with this team. One more top 6 forward is definately a need though.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:17 AM
topshelf15

Butler crapping the bed this year ,has hurt our top 6 .But maybe we will see a resurgence from him soon ,he has to know his time in the nhl is growing short if he cant find a way to start producing

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:40 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Condra has taken over the role previously played by Shannon. Slots in everywhere in the roster, but ideally is a 3rd/4th liner.

02-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

I'd like to see Foligno with Spezz

Foligno-Spezza-Michalek
Condra-Turris-Alfi
Greening-Smith-Neil
Daugavins-Konopka-Butler

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:07 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Condra has taken over the role previously played by Shannon. Slots in everywhere in the roster, but ideally is a 3rd/4th liner.
I think in terms of usage that's a good comparison, but Condra is/will be a better 3rd liner than Shannon ever was.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Greening has 27 pts, 6 less than Michalek, who would have guessed that at the beginning of the yr. I don't think it matters much, Maclean moves his players around quite a bit as most coaches seem to do these days in the NHL. It will be interesting to see what the lines are in the third when it seems to count the most with this team. One more top 6 forward is definately a need though.
Greening is doing quite well for his first full year in the NHL, not only is he 4th in goals, he is also fourth in shots... he is just doing exactly what they want of him.

The problem with the Spezza line is both Michalek and Spezza have stopped scoring, while changing the LWer may spark them, the reality is the two veterans have to pick up their play.

Most teams could use upgrades in their top six, but given Ottawa has Silfverberg and Zimba, I wouldn't expect Murray to be looking outside the organization to get help this year.

Of course if there is another Turris deal to be had, then just maybe.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
SpezDispenser

I really think Condra is a player who can do it all. I'm not surprised he's up there on line 1 - he has some nice offensive instincts IMO.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:35 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 2480
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
This. But thank goodness Condra doesn't get blown over when Phiilips sneezes on him like Shannon.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:17 PM
DrEasy
:heart: Cameron

Finally a hockey player on the first line! But do you think his stamina and elite leadership will rub off on Michalek?

DrEasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
Finally a hockey player on the first line! But do you think his stamina and elite leadership will rub off on Michalek?
No.

Only Foligno has elite Stamina.

Cos well, he's a HOCKEY PLAYER.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:42 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Probably it is only change voltage in the lines and put Condra there. Hewont be there so long, maybe one-two, maximum three games. Just voltage in the lines is the reason some changes which we dont understand. Július Šupler,the coach of CSKA said about it.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:51 AM
Moller

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Butler crapping the bed this year ,has hurt our top 6 .But maybe we will see a resurgence from him soon ,he has to know his time in the nhl is growing short if he cant find a way to start producing
I don't know why everyone on this board hates on Butler so much. Last year he finished out the year (his first in the NHL) playing with Spezza on a regular basis and showed some amazing talent offensively but lacked a defensive game.

You can't say he hurts our top 6 when he only gets a shift in it once in a while. This year he has been playing on the bottom line almost every night and averaging only 11 minutes a night. There's a reason he only has 9 points. Konopka only has 5. Daugavins has 8. His role is completely different now.

I'll be the first to admit that he still needs more work defensively but the role he's played this year should help him develop overall much more as a player. Some players just don't shift well to a defensive game. Look at Ovechkin. When Boudreau force fed him defensive time he struggled badly on the scoresheet.

Let's not forget some of the flash Bobby has shown just because he's playing a role that doesn't suit him this year. Had Butler played the full season with Spezza last year his numbers would have likely been double what they were putting him right in line with Hall and Eberle in the rookie scoring race.

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:17 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
I don't know why everyone on this board hates on Butler so much. ]
Gotta have a goat.

I don't hate Butler. I just don't think he's playing well enough or consistently enough to be in the top 6 - which he's not. Given the current roster we aren't losing anything by having him in the bottom six and giving him the odd top 6 shift.

If Regin and Winchester were both healthy it would be interesting to see what the Sens would do with BB.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote