HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2012-2013 CIS Recruiting

Old
06-25-2012, 09:45 AM
clear the track

vCash: 500
Carleton

Mitch Porowski (Fwd Brampton and Gatineau), and Francis Dupuis (G, PLK of the CCHL) to Carleton U.

clear the track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:52 AM
recruiter

Well we lost another potential recruit today as Robert Visca (Woodstock Slammers) commits to Ryerson University

I think new MLG is in there favor, also heard today that Mark Zanetti is doing online classes at Ryerson and if it doesn't go well in Germany he will join them in January.

We tried hard to recruit Zanetti so we will see what happens in Germany and in new year

recruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:24 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarketmob View Post
Also interesting to see Beljo transfer from Lakehead.

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_39896
So he was originally going to go STU...changed his mind and went to Lakehead...played 14 games over two seasons there and is now going to Windsor.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:40 PM
blackmarketmob

Ah yes, you are correct, so unless he had planned a victory lap (I don't know how that works) he would have been ineligible. Odd he was announced as confirmed to Michigan Tech then.

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Neugs

We need Behenna pretty bad lol

Neugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Dr Evil

Recruiter who do you recruit for?

Dr Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:18 AM
recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
Recruiter who do you recruit for?
I recruit for a top 10 hockey program but I will not say who. And it's not a program out west

Old
06-26-2012, 10:43 AM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
Originally Posted by recruiter View Post
I recruit for a top 10 hockey program but I will not say who. And it's not a program out west
Really? I'm all about having everything in the open. Can't really say "i recruit for a top 10 school" and not say it. I'm an asst coach at RMC and I'm not afraid to say it!

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM
recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
Really? I'm all about having everything in the open. Can't really say "i recruit for a top 10 school" and not say it. I'm an asst coach at RMC and I'm not afraid to say it!
I Don't have issue with it but program doesn't want me say at this time. RMC is excellent school and you should be proud of yourself

Old
06-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Polaris500*

Quote:
I Don't have issue with it but program doesn't want me say at this time. RMC is excellent school and you should be proud of yourself
am i the only one who thinks he is full of it?

Polaris500* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:02 PM
recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris500 View Post
am i the only one who thinks he is full of it?
Think whatever you want, why is it a big deal to know? I try to keep u guys posted on where players are going. I could be like snipshow however the university likes to keep a lot of stuff in house. Polaris500 why do you care so much?

Old
06-26-2012, 02:35 PM
HockeySchools

Quote:
think whatever you want, why is it a big deal to know? I try to keep u guys posted on where players are going. I could be like snipshow however the university likes to keep a lot of stuff in house. Polaris500 why do you care so much?
unb...

HockeySchools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:55 PM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
Think whatever you want, why is it a big deal to know? I try to keep u guys posted on where players are going. I could be like snipshow however the university likes to keep a lot of stuff in house. Polaris500 why do you care so much?
Its not the fact that we care, but you can't just be like "i work for a top 10 school but they won't let me say who" cause if any school can't leak out information it's mine. I cant even make a website for the athletics department cause of the DND restrictions! And plus, do they really snoop the boards! You can PM me, I'm just interested

Old
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Well I know many schools don't like seeing names announced/leaked early (UNB for example)..so I can see them not being too happy if one of their recruiters was posting this kind of info on here before it became public. So I don't blame him for staying anonymous. Personally, I couldn't care less what school it is...at the very least he is giving us some rumours.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
blackmarketmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySchools View Post
unb...
Doubt it. Some of the players recruiter mentioned such as Robert Visca and Kent MacPherson who his school "lost" to Ryerson would never come close to cracking UNB's roster, and for that matter, most teams in the CIS Top Ten.

As for the posts, they have been spot on, releasing names such as Manitoba's recruits well in advance. For recruiter, I very much appreciate the posts, please keep posting.

As for which school:

The top 10 at the end of the year were:

Alberta
Saskatchewan
Manitoba
Calgary

Western
McGill
UQTR

UNB
Moncton
SMU

Take away the top 4 teams as recruiter mentioned he was not from out West. I would likely remove UQTR and McGill as his recruits tend to be Ontario heavy and those schools typically recruit well from the French speaking parts of Canada. I would remove UNB and SMU as the above listed "lost" recruits who reported to other schools would never crack UNB or SMU's starting lineup.

That would leave Moncton or Western. Unless Western is losing a lot of unexpected bodies, a defenceman such as MacPherson does not crack their top 6.

This leaves me still stumped. Given the majority of recruits are Ontario based, I would have guessed an Ontario school (say a Guelph/Windsor), but I am stumped, because beyond Western and Lakehead, no Ontario schools would be considered top 10 and that eliminates Nipissing, Toronto, Queen's, Ryerson, Ottawa, Concordia, RMC, UOIT, Laurier, York, Windsor, Guelph, Brock, Carleton and likely Waterloo. MacPherson would not crack Lakehead's roster either.

Perhaps one day we will find out, but for know, I am enjoying the tips.

Last edited by blackmarketmob: 06-26-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old
06-26-2012, 04:46 PM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarketmob View Post
Doubt it. Some of the players recruiter mentioned such as Robert Visca and Kent MacPherson who his school "lost" to Ryerson would never come close to cracking UNB's roster, and for that matter, most teams in the CIS Top Ten.

As for the posts, they have been spot on, releasing names such as Manitoba's recruits well in advance. For recruiter, I very much appreciate the posts, please keep posting.

As for which school:

The top 10 at the end of the year were:

Alberta
Saskatchewan
Manitoba
Calgary

Western
McGill
UQTR

UNB
Moncton
SMU

Take away the top 4 teams as recruiter mentioned he was not from out West. I would likely remove UQTR and McGill as his recruits tend to be Ontario heavy and those schools typically recruit well from the French speaking parts of Canada. I would remove UNB and SMU as the above listed "lost" recruits who reported to other schools would never crack UNB or SMU's starting lineup.

That would leave Moncton or Western. Unless Western is losing a lot of unexpected bodies, a defenceman such as MacPherson does not crack their top 6.

This leaves me still stumped. Given the majority of recruits are Ontario based, I would have guessed an Ontario school (say a Guelph/Windsor), but I am stumped, because beyond Western and Lakehead, no Ontario schools should be considered top 10. MacPherson would not crack Lakehead's roster either.

Perhaps one day we will find out, but for know, I am enjoying the tips.
You've obviously never seen Kent McPherson play. Had to help gameplan against him in the OJHL playoffs. Hes pretty dynamic to be honest. He could make SMU's roster no problem.

Old
06-26-2012, 06:43 PM
blackmarketmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
You've obviously never seen Kent McPherson play. Had to help gameplan against him in the OJHL playoffs. Hes pretty dynamic to be honest. He could make SMU's roster no problem.
You are right, as I am going off of on paper. But based on SMU roster last season, they had their top 7 (in no order) as:

Justin Wallingford (Captain Kingston Frontenacs, 268 games OHL - former 50 points OHL scorer)
Jamie Doornbosch (1 game NHL 264 games OHL, former OHL 50 point scorer)
Michael D’Orazio (Captain London Knights, 320 games OHL)
Pat O’Keefe (St John Fog Devils Alternate Captain, 231 games QMJHL)
Tyler Cuthbert (252 games OHL)
Kyle Wharton (Ottawa 67's Alternate Captain, 2nd round NHL draft pick 197 OHL games, 49 ECHL games, 33 AHL games)
Ryan Gottschalk (218 games OHL)

On paper, their "worst" defenceman of the 7 has 209 more games of major junior experience than Kent McPherson's 9 games with Gatineau (before he was cut). (Their number 8 defenceman has 36 QMJHL games).

No slight to McPherson, he is a guy I had labeled before recruiting season as a guy I would like Laurier to acquire, he looks to be a heck of a player, but that would be a tough, tough, lineup to crack, regardless of junior pedigree.

Last edited by blackmarketmob: 06-26-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Polaris500*

Quote:
i wouldn't exactly say that i "care"
it just seems extremely odd that someone would be on here bragging about who they are, yet never revealing what team they are with.

Polaris500* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:26 AM
recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris500 View Post
i wouldn't exactly say that i "care"
it just seems extremely odd that someone would be on here bragging about who they are, yet never revealing what team they are with.
Polaris500. It sounds to me you care. I have never brag so .....yeah. I just give you guys updates on players

Old
06-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

Quote:
Can't say I care - I appreciate the insight.

Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
thook

Leave recruiter alone for god sakes! He gives us the scoops ahead of time. If he wants to remain annonomys so be it. -conversation over- back to recruiting news!

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:56 PM
WilcoxHound

recruiter has cred with me, makes for good reading and guessing. He is certainly ahead of most of us on this board when it comes to new players going where. Keep it up bud, I don't care if you are the coaches wife.

WilcoxHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilcoxHound View Post
recruiter has cred with me, makes for good reading and guessing. He is certainly ahead of most of us on this board when it comes to new players going where. Keep it up bud, I don't care if you are the coaches wife.
Agreeable. So far, no statements have been wrong.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Ched
Fueled by Passion

i agree. Recruiter knows his stuff and obviously has inside information. I applaud le jeune homme from UPEI (ranked in the top 10 at the end of last season) for his excellent work. Any updates on some of the guys from out west recruiter?

Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Ched
Fueled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Jeremy Burns, an AJHL forward with the Brooks Bandits, has committed to the Mt. Royal Cougars.

http://ajhl.ca/news.html?newsID=978

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=124074
Jeremy's twin brother Michael, who had a very good WHL career ending up with Saskatoon, will likely end up at Mt. Royal as well. it will be interesting to see how the newest Cougars fare in their first season in Canada West.

Ched is offline   Reply With Quote