HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Brayden McNabb

Old
02-02-2012, 12:14 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Brayden McNabb

Quote:
@BuffaloSabres: Brayden NcNabb has been cleared to play, and sent down to Rochester. --^ks
Damn

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Sabreality

thats fine by me for now. kids impressed, no doubt, but let him get back up to game speed down there. D has played well these last few games. If they'd hadnt, I'd be all for keeping him up.

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:18 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
thats fine by me for now. kids impressed, no doubt, but let him get back up to game speed down there. D has played well these last few games. If they'd hadnt, I'd be all for keeping him up.
I agree about the D, but he has outplayed both Weber and TGG by a significant margin.

Par for the course. I guess this makes sense. Everyone healthy, might as well give him top minutes again in ROC - especially because, as I've maintained, the D isn't a problem.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
I think if Weber had continued to suck, McNabb would've been reinserted into the lineup. But the defense has been better lately, and there's no point in changing it up, so let him get big minutes in Rochester.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
barcs

I feel like this is temporary, more of a conditioning stint if anything.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Could it be because he was placed on IR? He'd be ineligible for NHL games for seven days, so maybe he got sent down to practice and play there first? Yesterday was the first I had heard of him being on IR.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Could it be because he was placed on IR? He'd be ineligible for NHL games for seven days, so maybe he got sent down to practice and play there first? Yesterday was the first I had heard of him being on IR.
If you're on IR and hurt with the big club, you can't be reassigned (jfb correct me if wrong) until healthy.....plus, it says he has been cleared to play. So...likely off IR.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Rammstein816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
If you're on IR and hurt with the big club, you can't be reassigned (jfb correct me if wrong) until healthy.....plus, it says he has been cleared to play. So...likely off IR.
I believe that is correct. It happened with Szezechura earlier this year and Stuart now. Also, they'd likely be over the cap if they kept him up, with no injured D, he's no longer an emergency recall.

Rammstein816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I had a brain fart there, I knew that. I guess I just missed when he got put on IR to begin with.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:55 PM
puckish66

A couple of his big hits not only didn't result in possession of the puck, but led directly to grade A scoring chances on the Buffalo goaltender, so I imagine Lindsay and Marcy weren't too happy.

I as well hope it's more of a conditioning stint.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
This is the best move to make with McNabb. I'm really excited about this kid but now that we're healthy on defense and we've allowed only two goals against in the last three games, it's better to have him play more minutes down there. No doubt the experience he already gained should prove to be extremely helpful.

We've been playing well defensively the past few games and we've gotten 5/6 possible points in the last three. Might as well keep things the way they are for now since they're working. A little more seasoning for McNabb will never hurt.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:38 PM
PanicItsVanek26

Let him play a few games for the Amerks and if he plays well then he will likely be brought back up, but the Sabres blue line is pretty crowded.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

McNabb got cheapshoted by Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond tonight vs Abbotsford and Joe Finley stepped in and drop the mitts with Letourneau-Leblond.

McNabb didn't appear any worse for wear as he hopped up pretty quickly and was on the ensuing PP because Letourneau-Leblond picked up a boarding minor to go with the fighting major.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:58 PM
barcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
McNabb got cheapshoted by Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond tonight vs Abbotsford and Joe Finley stepped in and drop the mitts with Letourneau-Leblond.

McNabb didn't appear any worse for wear as he hopped up pretty quickly and was on the ensuing PP because Letourneau-Leblond picked up a boarding minor to go with the fighting major.
Thanks for the update. Was eager to go to the game tonight but I'm sick as a dog.
Did Mean Joe rag doll him?
How has McNabb looked thus far?

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post

No trip to the quiet room? Good.

Old
02-02-2012, 08:32 PM
slip

I don't think there is much doubt that McNabb has secured a long-term position on the team; Weber and Grags, on the other hand, are probably being given a final look over by management. Weber has 30 games to prove he's an NHL defenseman. Make or break time, Mike.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

My favorite McNabb moment so far was his soccer kick setup play against the....Panthers, I think? That was sick. He's been really fun to watch all around; it'll be interesting to see if we trade any of our d-men at the deadline or in July to make room for McNabb next year.

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
zTheWalkingDead

While I would love to see McNabb stay at this level I think this is a good move. If he were to stay up here he would be the spare defenseman and wouldnt see as much ice time as he would get down in Rochester.

Good show, heres to him making the team next season potentially.

zTheWalkingDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post
I feel like this is temporary, more of a conditioning stint if anything.
Or just a way to buy time while they try to shed some cap space with other roster moves - if they manage that, I could easily see them recalling McNabb after the deadline and sitting Weber out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zTheWalkingDead View Post
If he were to stay up here he would be the spare defenseman and wouldnt see as much ice time as he would get down in Rochester.
I think Ruff was impressed enough that he'd dress McNabb over Weber or Gragnani - the cap situation is probably just as much a factor in demoting McNabb as the desire to get him playing back into shape.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:22 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Or just a way to buy time while they try to shed some cap space with other roster moves - if they manage that, I could easily see them recalling McNabb after the deadline and sitting Weber out.

I think Ruff was impressed enough that he'd dress McNabb over Weber or Gragnani - the cap situation is probably just as much a factor in demoting McNabb as the desire to get him playing back into shape.
McNabb's demotion wasn't salary cap related, as they have some space with Hecht on LTIR.

They are however already carrying 23 non-IR players, which is the limit, so he had to be re-assigned.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 06:27 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Was eager to go to the game tonight but I'm sick as a dog.
No idea.

Was listening to the radio as I was shuffling the kidlets home from karate.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:21 AM
UncleBenny

Quote:
Wasn't the greatest fight, no huge punches thrown and Finley just kind of ripped him down to the ice, could have scored a couple shots when Leblond was down but Finley always seems to take it easy when they fall.

The thing I liked was Finley had his gloves dropped within a half second of McNabb getting hit, absolutely zero hesitation to stick up for his teammate. He actually went over and tried to pick Leblond up off the ice by his jersey so they could fight haha.

UncleBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:51 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Wasn't the greatest fight, no huge punches thrown and Finley just kind of ripped him down to the ice, could have scored a couple shots when Leblond was down but Finley always seems to take it easy when they fall.

The thing I liked was Finley had his gloves dropped within a half second of McNabb getting hit, absolutely zero hesitation to stick up for his teammate. He actually went over and tried to pick Leblond up off the ice by his jersey so they could fight haha.
Side note, I really like Finley's approach to the game. Would love to see him make it as a bottom-pairing defenseman here.

Good to hear that McNabb didn't re-aggrivate the concussion following the hit. He'll be up here again at some point I'm sure.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote