HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "If we scored 1 PP goal that game..." stats thread

Old
02-03-2012, 06:53 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Even if that were true, this version of the Canadiens with its D and smallish centers and coaching would still be a team that would be eliminated in either the first or second round.

We still dont have the toughness and the grit to make a serious run. The Sabres (and pretty much every other team in the NHL) exposed that the last game. We are not the intimidators. We are the intimidated.
Thats far less of a problem than the PP. You can easily add a random gritty vet or two at the deadline at least if you see the team is in playoff contention. The team also started the season with a couple of proven playoff performers so we could have been competitive.

The biggest problem we've had in the playoff in the last decade wasn't grit anyways. We were the top seed only once.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

vCash: 500
We've had so many games where we could've put other teams away with a powerplay goal, last night again the powerplay was absolutely pathetic. If we a middle of the pack team on the powerplay and in shootouts we would've been in a playoff spot right now. Absolute joke in both.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:33 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
50+ games in and we still don't know how to move around on the PP. Brutal, really.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:49 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
you would have disregarded the doctor's advice and signed the guy to an awful contract like he is on now? you should be canned
Wisniewski would have accepted Markov money and terms. CBJ overpaid because they were desperate.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:56 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Had Gauthier signed Wisniewski for what he wanted, he should have been fired for that, regardless of Markov's status.
Again what he got is not necessarily what he would have accepted with us. I'm fairly positive he would have accepted Markov money and term. CBJ was desperate and traded for his rights and then overpaid so he didn't go to UFA.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Wisniewski would have accepted Markov money and terms. CBJ overpaid because they were desperate.
Would have still been a bad contract. Wisniewski is fine at around 4 mil(Kaberle money), once you start paying a guy like that as a #1 or 2 you have issues.

Would he have been better than Markov with Markov out injured, sure...but in June 2011, there were no indications Markov wouldn't be fully ready on October 4th.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wisniewski is fine at around 4 mil(Kaberle money),
I agree, I wouldn't have offered Wisniewski more that 4.25 if the decision to bring him back were mine to make. I said this during the offseason before he signed and I still hold that opinion.

If Wiz wanted that money, I would have welcomed him back with open arms.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote