HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
thewill78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i imagine these deals were about making hershey better.
Maybe he should try and make Washington better

Old
02-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewill78 View Post
I'm sure that the two are not mutually exclusive.

Old
02-02-2012, 08:18 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Aucoin recalled the day we pick up a center? yeah its all related.

Old
02-02-2012, 08:32 PM
sk84fun_dc

Hershey had a vet issue. From the beginning, Richmond signing was questionable and he was odd man out in terms of the vets when everyone was healthy. Still one extra 'tweener vet' with Greentree and King (well, when Aucoin isn't on recall), but much less of an issue than before with one less vet even with Aucoin in Hershey.

Ford contributed to the team and good luck to him. Had to trade someone to get someone scenario, IMO. Ford's playing on his first NHL contract and going to an organization with more opportunity for him at the AHL level.

From the other teams, they traded a F for D or a D for F. For Caps/Bears 1F/1D out, 1F/1D in. Of note, Caps got the younger player and a player still on an ELC for this season (RFAs this summer) in both cases. Hershey has one less vet on the roster.

Caps didn't add or subtract NHL contracts since all 4 players are on NHL contract so I don't see any reason as a Caps fan to have concern.

Here's one Phantoms perspective of the trade. link

Short-term move for now: Eakin sent down, Aucoin recalled; makes sense to me given Caps recent play and injuries, plus the current coaching staff's roster utilization during games. 23 players on the Caps active roster.

12 games before the trade deadline on 2/27 3pm. With Rechlicz added and the other 2 NHL contract swaps, Caps have 47 players counting as under contract for right now (Galiev and Anderson not counting due to age and assignment to juniors.)

About Carman, center, plays on the PK. Had a broken foot to start this season.
source

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 02-02-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 08:35 PM
txpd

Quote:
i really dont see the reason for the attitude. the caps are changing their nhl approach. as they have attempted to play the same system at the ahl level, some changes might have been required. ahl trades of ahl players(non nhl prospects) are far easier to make than nhl trades.

these deals are not really worth announcements and they sure as hell aren't worth all this whining and moaning.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
thewill78

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i really dont see the reason for the attitude. the caps are changing their nhl approach. as they have attempted to play the same system at the ahl level, some changes might have been required. ahl trades of ahl players(non nhl prospects) are far easier to make than nhl trades.

these deals are not really worth announcements and they sure as hell aren't worth all this whining and moaning.
I didn't mean it in a way like that I'm just saying I wish he'd make a trade to improve our roster

Old
02-02-2012, 09:23 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
drosennhl
Washington, Philly, Anaheim, L.A., Columbus, Phoenix, San Jose, Pittsburgh, Detroit have scouts in Newark for Devils vs. Habs

Fwiw.
Maybe we can work out a deal with NJ to get the 2nd round pick back from them.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:27 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
I didn't mean it in a way like that I'm just saying I wish he'd make a trade to improve our roster
You didn't come across as having an attitude at all.

I for one think a roster trade on our team is a year overdue, if not longer. Moving out Flash was a try, but seemed to pull the rug out from under Bruce more than it helped, as our team went into a tailspin right afterwards. Flash was so a Bruce guy. Perhaps George needs to move out some of his guys this time around.

Like Sarge.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:45 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Marshall Marshall Marshall....

Lol langer about aucoin. So happy I passed my first review.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Carlzner

Old
02-02-2012, 10:34 PM
G3 LesPaul

Anyone think we will see him play this year?

Old
02-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post

if Kundratek did, sure.

i just want to see a video of him dancing to beat dat beat up

Old
02-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
not unless we trade someone higher up the depth chart, or we get some serious injuries, or both.

He's what, 10th + on D depth chart (situationally could move up/down 1 slot)

Green
Wideman
Hamrlik
Alzner
Carlson
Orlov
Erskine
Schultz
Kundratek
McNeill/Marshall/Collins

So, in short-- I hope we dont see him playing.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
LetsGoBears

Marshall...Defensive style with a bit of grit. Honestly, I think he might see some NHL time.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
beat dat beat up
Most embarrassing part of 24/7, when they played that ****. Of course Carlson, with his 80 IQ, loves it. I'm sure Green's a big fan too.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Most embarrassing part of 24/7, when they played that ****. Of course Carlson, with his 80 IQ, loves it. I'm sure Green's a big fan too.
He is from Jersey (kind of) and I've seen him wear Brittany Spear shirts in Hershey. I wasn't that shocked.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Ridley Simon

and as far as the trade goes....

I think tex is right.

It's about Hershey, and its about a culture/philosophy shift within the organization. Shifting away from Bruce/Old McPhee, and over to Dale/New McPhee. Rechlicz, Marshall, etc is change to the edgy types.

I think we see it on the NHL level shortly. I think we see a real "culture change" trade from the big club, with a contract coming-- with term-- that represents what Dale/new McPhee are looking for. And something major going out. A hockey trade.

One akin to his last real "hockey trade" of George's, the infamous Linden/Zubrus for Bulis/Zednik. Hopefully he gets similar value, but better chemistry!

Old
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post

Old
02-02-2012, 10:59 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
I think tex is right.

It's about Hershey, and its about a culture/philosophy shift within the organization. Shifting away from Bruce/Old McPhee, and over to Dale/New McPhee. Rechlicz, Marshall, etc is change to the edgy types.

I think we see it on the NHL level shortly. I think we see a real "culture change" trade from the big club, with a contract coming-- with term-- that represents what Dale/new McPhee are looking for. And something major going out. A hockey trade.

One akin to his last real "hockey trade" of George's, the infamous Linden/Zubrus for Bulis/Zednik. Hopefully he gets similar value, but better chemistry!
Except Richmond was an aggressive player. Had no issues with letting other team know not **** around when he was on the ice. Maybe that was more played up with the low ice time but I don't think it was.

Old
02-02-2012, 11:13 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Except Richmond was an aggressive player. Had no issues with letting other team know not **** around when he was on the ice. Maybe that was more played up with the low ice time but I don't think it was.
I'm not going to disagree with you but Richmond was an aggressive player that could not back it up. He was not a great fighter and Marshall will be more of an aggressor for Hershey and a better player than Richmond. We knew from the start that signing him was a bad idea with having lots of vets around and the rumors of his weak play.

On a side note does anyone know anything about Mike Carman. I saw he was a defenseman turned center but thats about it.

Old
02-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Ridley Simon

Trade Fantasy Land for this poster would be --

First:

I for one would do whatever it took to get Suter, and then sign him.

Semin, Carlson, 1st (I'd try WASH, but offer COL if I had too). Suter will be 7m a year--- It is what it will cost to resign him.

Second:

Use the money saved (this season only), and add a Ruutu from the Canes. Sign him too. He wont be cheap, but I'd send a package around Galiev/Grubauer, Boston 2nd, and a b-level prospect. If I had to trade Eakin with the 2nd, I'd consider it *if* I felt I could resign Ruutu for around 4 to 4.5m (his salary now is 3.8, so maybe not).

Third:

11.5 in for next year, 8.5m going out (Carlson is RFA, so lets say 1.75m a year?). We need to cut 3m (hello Jeff Schultz??) assuming Cap doesnt go up. It will. We also have money we can pinch when looking at the roster (Knuble, Hamrlik, Ward are all suspects, costing us 8.5m in space).

Make up for rest of season and into next year

Ovechkin-Perrault-Brouwer
Ruutu- Backstrom-MaJo (yeah, I know...Finn protecting the Swedes, LOL)
Chimera-Laich-Ward
Hendricks-Halpern-Knuble/Kuznetsov
Eakin/Rechlicz/Beagle

Green-Suter
Alzner-Orlov
Wideman-Hamrlik
Erskine-Schultz
Kundratek-Marshall

Vokoun/Neuvirth/Holtby

Adding Kuz, keeping Holtby, 2 of Eakin/Galiev/Grubauer, adding a 1st rounder. Suter is young, Ruutu is under 30, we dont get older. Farm system is a little thin, but the NHL roster is very young. The "core" (adding Ruutu and Suter) is still all under 30, most is under 28.

Tougher, edgier, more Dale.

Yeah-- Fantasy land indeed (I need , too high)

Last edited by Ridley Simon: 02-02-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old
02-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I will guess its safe to assume Marshall is more mobile than Richmond Sarge and Erskine. Getting a center, no real surprise there in light of our situation. We dont even have bottom line C depth.
The center we acquired is lower line C depth for Hershey, not Washington. Mildly surprising considering the Hanson acquisition this summer, and that he had generally been playing well when I watched Hershey. But it fits the D for F and F for D mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Hearing he is an agitator mid sized (presumably mobile) LD, I immediately thought it could mean Erskine could be on the block. Although when is the last time George traded a Dman in February? Erskine hasnt exactly failed for Dale. I still think Dale loves Sarge and wont trade him.
I think Rechlisz is a bigger threat to Erskine's job than Marshall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Flyers fan in peace to ask about Ford and give my opinion on Marshall.

Honestly, I can't see Marshall being anything more than an AHL vet/NHL emergency call up. His skating leaves a lot to be desired, especially his turning/pivot ability. He's also pretty small for the physical game he tries to play. First pass and puck handling in general leaves a lot to be desired. He will stand up for his teammates though, and has awesome dance moves.

Is Ford nothing more than an AHL vet, or can he be a serviceable NHL injury call-up?
Ford is an AHL vet, but a quality AHL player. Doubt he'd ever see NHL time in anything short of a dire emergency.

Quote:
not unless we trade someone higher up the depth chart, or we get some serious injuries, or both.

He's what, 10th + on D depth chart (situationally could move up/down 1 slot)

Green
Wideman
Hamrlik
Alzner
Carlson
Orlov
Erskine
Schultz
Kundratek
McNeill/Marshall/Collins

So, in short-- I hope we dont see him playing.
I could see Marshall being higher on the depth chart than Kundratek, depending on how he plays in Hershey. Even though Kundratek saw NHL time, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Caps brass was in love with how he played. He didn't really make any massive errors that I saw, but he was also playing sheltered minutes (and very few minutes in general). Not saying that Marshall definitely supplants him, but it's within reason.

Quote:
Flash for Hannan wasn't a "hockey trade?"

Old
02-02-2012, 11:49 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Here's my roster in a GM game over in the mock drafts forum... Pretty filthy if you ask me...

Roster & Cap Hit

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Alexander Ovechkin ($9.538m) / Nicklas Backstrom ($6.700m) / Troy Brouwer ($2.350m)
Alex Tanguay ($3.500m) / Marcus Johansson ($0.900m) / Shane Doan ($4.550)***pending
Sergei Kostitsyn ($2.500m) / Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Alexander Semin ($6.700m)
Matt Hendricks ($0.825m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.825m) / Jay Beagle ($0.512m)
Cody Eakin ($0.637m)

DEFENSEMEN
Toni Lydman ($3.000m) / Mike Green ($5.250m)
Karl Alzner ($1.285m) / John Carlson ($0.875m)
Dmitri Orlov ($0.900m) / Mike Sauer ($1.250m)
John Erskine ($1.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($1.500m) / Braden Holtby ($0.637m)

BUYOUTS: Tyler Sloan ($0.233m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,469,850; BONUSES: $320,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,830,150

Top Prospects

1.Yevgeni Kuznetsov, RW
2.Braden Holtby, G
3.Dmitri Orlov, D
4.Cody Eakin, C
5.Stanislav Galiev, LW
6.Mattias Sjogren, C ***Traded***
7.Patrick Wey, D
8.Brett Flemming, D
9.Steffen Soberg, G ***Traded***
10.Samuel Carrier, D
11.Patrick McNeill, D
12.Philipp Grubauer, G
13.Garrett Mitchell, RW ***Traded***
14.Caleb Herbert, C
15.Brandon Anderson, G
16.Zach Miskovic, D
17.Dustin Stevenson, D

Acquired - Viktor Rask, C

Untouchables

Alex Ovechkin
Nicklas Backstrom
Marcus Johansson
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Mike Green
John Carlson
Karl Alzner
Dmitri Orlov
Braden Holtby

In Search Of

Young Players With Good/Cheap Contracts
2C
Top 4 Dman

Trade Block

Brooks Laich
Roman Hamrlik

Draft Picks

Boston 2nd 2012
Rangers 2nd 2012
Washington 4th 2012
Calgary 4th 2012

Transactions

Viktor Rask for Joel Ward
Mike Sauer + NYR 2nd 2012 for Dennis Wideman
Alex Tanguay + CGY 4th 2012 for Mike Knuble, Jeff Schultz, Garrett Mitchell, COL 1st 2012
Sergei Kostitsyn for Jason Chimera + Mattias Sjogren
Toni Lydman for Michal Neuvirth + WSH 3rd 2012
Shane Doan for Mathieu Perreault, Steffen Soberg, WSH 1st 2012

Old
02-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Capitlols

Hypothetically I was thinking and I'm not advocating it, but we could end up with 5 1sts if we decided to sell. Vokoun, Wideman, and Semin could all net a 1st, if not more. Its a tricky situation with the deadline looming.

Old
02-03-2012, 12:03 AM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Hypothetically I was thinking and I'm not advocating it, but we could end up with 5 1sts if we decided to sell. Vokoun, Wideman, and Semin could all net a 1st, if not more. Its a tricky situation with the deadline looming.
I thought about this a little while ago. Obviously we would have to be out of the playoffs but playoff teams at the TDL would be bidding against each other for these pieces and we could fetch some great returns.

Closed Thread