HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Carlzner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Just doesn't feel like the year for the caps all things in considering. A major roster shaking move, IMHO, would be taking in to consideration beyond this season. I think the caps could move one of their three young dmen if necessary (carlson, alzner, orlov). Thats a lot of young there. I'm sure everyone would have their preference there.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Ryan16

I'm an Oilers fan I just wanted to find out what you guys think it would take for Edmonton to get Jeff Schultz?

Old
02-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan16 View Post
I'm an Oilers fan I just wanted to find out what you guys think it would take for Edmonton to get Jeff Schultz?

conditional 7th round pick

Old
02-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Kazer

Quote:
A low-end roster player, a mid-tier draft pick, or a mid-tier prospect.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:53 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
We'll give you our first to take him.

Old
02-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
What fans will give him away for or what McPhee would actually charge for him?

Old
02-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Ryan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
What fans will give him away for or what McPhee would actually charge for him?
Hahahaha the second one

Old
02-04-2012, 05:43 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
And he has done so much when he has been with our stars???

Semin, the most inconsistent man in the NHL and has been for the last 3 years. He has worn his welcome out in Washington. Get what you can for him. H is gone next year any how.
With our stars? They put him on the 2nd line, which last year was a rookie center and a guy who doesn't produce a lot (Laich). This year he has played with Mojo, and the likes of Eakin, Knuble, Brouwer, and MP.

He is 2nd in takeaways, 13% shooting, 17 pts in last 19, and a +13 in the last 19. So yes, before he got into a groove with Hunter you could say that. Right now, he is out best forward.

Old
02-04-2012, 06:29 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
With our stars? They put him on the 2nd line, which last year was a rookie center and a guy who doesn't produce a lot (Laich). This year he has played with Mojo, and the likes of Eakin, Knuble, Brouwer, and MP.

He is 2nd in takeaways, 13% shooting, 17 pts in last 19, and a +13 in the last 19. So yes, before he got into a groove with Hunter you could say that. Right now, he is out best forward.
I see you are a stat guy only, which is fine. Please review the tape of the last 2 games and see how Semin played. In the Florida game, he was in his IGM mode. Semin was cherry picking so bad he wasn't even helping in the defensive zone, which was hanging the rest of the team out to dry. "Best forward" is not by stats alone, if so MattyP would fit in that category. Semin has been and will always a player with god given talent and a second rate tier of desire. Just not my kind of player and right now he is a god to some because of Green, Ovi, and Backstrom being out. Trust me, his disappearing act is upon us, like it or not.

Trade him

Old
02-04-2012, 06:47 AM
txpd

* Semin: if he keeps playing like he has the last 20 games, he is going to stay. Doom
* Schultz: just using sutherby and eminger as examples, i'd suggest that mcphee has plans of using schultz to acquire a useable asset. he hasnt shown a tendancy to just dump off these kinds of players for throwaway returns. mcphee always sends his loser scratch off tickets in for the second chance drawing while too many here just want him to throw them in the trash.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:34 AM
RandyHolt
Keep Truckin

vCash: 2743
Quote:

Trade him
I am pretty sure every Saturday morning when I wake up, I see the same post from you. Consistent and persistent in your posts for sure.

Speaking of predictability, isn't this the time that George usually re-inks Semin.

Old
02-04-2012, 08:30 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
I see you are a stat guy only, which is fine. Please review the tape of the last 2 games and see how Semin played. In the Florida game, he was in his IGM mode. Semin was cherry picking so bad he wasn't even helping in the defensive zone, which was hanging the rest of the team out to dry. "Best forward" is not by stats alone, if so MattyP would fit in that category. Semin has been and will always a player with god given talent and a second rate tier of desire. Just not my kind of player and right now he is a god to some because of Green, Ovi, and Backstrom being out. Trust me, his disappearing act is upon us, like it or not.

Trade him
MP85 our best player? Not sure if srs. If you think that, then your stat point isn't valid. he brings nothing to the game if he isn't producing pts.

Semin had 4 shots in the past two games, and struck 2 or 3 posts which are shots in my mind but not the NHL. He kept the puck in the zone on several occasions by winning board battles and offensive zone takeaways. He was the best player on the ice, just no one to finish his passes.

Your whole disappearing is invalid when everyone else is playing worse. You want to trade the team? Your broken record is getting old, and is complete lies.

Old
02-04-2012, 08:39 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I am pretty sure every Saturday morning when I wake up, I see the same post from you. Consistent and persistent in your posts for sure.

Speaking of predictability, isn't this the time that George usually re-inks Semin.
right around now or a little before, yes. i wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt happen in the next week or two.

food for thought. the rangers are going to be a respected player this playoff season. there's a reasonable chance the caps
see the rangers. beating the rangers this season will come with more props than in the past and 28 is the caps best weapon v the blue shirts

Old
02-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Carlzner

I am all against resigning Semin to a big contract, but trading him does not make this team better.
If we trade him, it's because we are sellers. And we won't be sellers. Whether that's a good thing or not...

Old
02-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Blades of steel
log off.

vCash: 50
Someone fire up a gdt for the early game. I refuse to do it, im 1-3.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:06 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:
MP85 our best player? Not sure if srs. If you think that, then your stat point isn't valid. he brings nothing to the game if he isn't producing pts.

Semin had 4 shots in the past two games, and struck 2 or 3 posts which are shots in my mind but not the NHL. He kept the puck in the zone on several occasions by winning board battles and offensive zone takeaways. He was the best player on the ice, just no one to finish his passes.

Your whole disappearing is invalid when everyone else is playing worse. You want to trade the team? Your broken record is getting old, and is complete lies.
Your validity is all over the place.
You were stating Semin the best player the last 2 games on the Caps, BY STATS!!!
In return, I simply stated the if you were comparing STATS the last several games, MP is the best player.

Read your own post, please. Don't get hurt feeling because Semin has tons of talent, but no heart or desire. Realize it, but first read what you write.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:10 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:

Also, watch the TB game and see how many times he is standing at our blue line looking for a chip out instead of lending a helping hand.

BEST PLAYER hits the post 2 or 3 times, LOL LOL LOL. Do you want to count how many times he hits the glass behind the net in stead of hitting the net, as well?????

Watch/go to a game and come out of the fog.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:36 AM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

If they want to trade Semin because they don't plan on keeping him after this season, fine.

Otherwise, there are far bigger problems on this team right now. Trading him doesn't help them make the playoffs this season.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:44 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Lol at back-up thread on main boards given convo hear lately.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

What about Anisimov? Maybe Rangers are ready to part ways with him for something? Like Knuble+pick.

I'm not advocating it, just asking.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Also, watch the TB game and see how many times he is standing at our blue line looking for a chip out instead of lending a helping hand.
You do realize that a winger's job in general in his own zone and especially in a man to man scheme is to be defending his pointman right? Was his man inside him while he was just hanging out at the blueline? If not then he was doing his job.

You only have had to have played a little bit of hockey to know that having wingers who try to help out down low too much results in a lot of open point men, nowhere to go with the puck if it is turned over, and a lot of yelling from centers and defensemen for the wingers to stay on the points.

I'm just saying...

Old
02-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Hilarious that Semin is still being criticized for not "caring." Just goes to show how thoughtful some people are and what really drives some of the anti-Semin talking points. If anything, so far this season, he should be criticized for just not being as good/talented as we thought or as he used to be. Not sure why people are bothering to respond to some other people.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:23 AM
txpd

after a while its very hard to change opinions. once something is hung on you, its there forever. right or wrong.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:

BEST PLAYER hits the post 2 or 3 times, LOL LOL LOL. Do you want to count how many times he hits the glass behind the net in stead of hitting the net, as well?????

Watch/go to a game and come out of the fog.
I'd rather him hit a post or glass trying to pick a corner than our typical right in the goalie's chest shot.

I have watched every game, been to a bunch. You have no valid points. I provide solid proof, you cry MP85 is our best player trolololol

Why is our only producing player worth being traded. Let me guess, you want Wideman gone too because Carlson can take his spot?

Old
02-04-2012, 11:55 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

You know just wasting time on intranets watching daughter play with strawberry shortcake.... Tsn talks about edm wanting a top dman. And looking at their roster they are pretty stacked at young forwards with hall, rnh, msp, erberle, and gagne... While their d suffers. In all likelihood their puck should fall n the area of the top forwards (obviously top dmen too but there's depth). If you're edm you SHOULD acquire a top dman with experience that's older or even with stud forwards (see gmgm's mistakes).

Now that said... I could see us as good trading partners for that pick.

Re-sign Wideman and trade one of below per-draft:

-Green (if healthy for last 20 games) & Sarge for top 5 pick (after lottery say its 4) and Gagne
-Carlson for pick straight up
-orlov plus avs (say 12) for #4 overall.

If I'm edm I'm only really interested in those 3.

Closed Thread