HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/3/12 "Top Gun" - Jets VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
Another big win tonight. We definitely outplayed the Jets and completely deserved the victory. There wasn't much flow to the game and I don't think it was the most exciting, but a win is a win. Clemmensen didn't get a huge test except for a few flurries of shots from time to time, so he should be alright to play tomorrow night in Tampa.

Where did all of those Jets fans come from? On TV, it looked almost like 25% of the crowd was wearing a Jets jersey. Strange to me since I would have thought not many people move to South Florida from Winnipeg and it's their first season in the league and don't have any superstars, so it's not a bandwagon thing.

Old
02-03-2012, 11:42 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Clemmensen should play tomorrow night. Didn't have to work too much tonight, good defensive game. 20 saves, shouldn't be too bad for tomorrow and he's just bringing the good vibes right now.

Oh yeah, I think Winnipeg is done. Only 5 points out, but we have 3 games in hand. That's pretty tough to make up...
Interesting to note that Tampa Bay now has the games in hand to catch and pass Winnipeg. They'd need a heck of a run, but they're not completely out of it either.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:01 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Interesting to note that Tampa Bay now has the games in hand to catch and pass Winnipeg. They'd need a heck of a run, but they're not completely out of it either.
I don't think either team is completely out of it yet either, but I really doubt either one will make it barring a miracle. Tomorrow's another huge game since the Lightning have been picking it up lately and before we know it could linger around 9th or 10th. As I said before tonight's game, I'm nervous about playing in the second game in a b2b since we haven't won both since January 2nd & 3rd last year. Plus, Clemmensen is starting again even though his confidence seems very high at the moment.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Erick

It's pretty funny every time they ask Dineen a question about Foster. The other day he called him "Kurtis Foster" and after the game tonight, Harvey asked him if he was thinking of going with Foster tomorrow night...

Dineen just gave him the stare for like a minute before responding.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:50 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Sammy was one of the best players on the ice tonight. His slick passes are a big plus to this team like Campbell on the blue line. Poise with the puck,beautiful to watch.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:09 AM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
It's pretty funny every time they ask Dineen a question about Foster. The other day he called him "Kurtis Foster" and after the game tonight, Harvey asked him if he was thinking of going with Foster tomorrow night...

Dineen just gave him the stare for like a minute before responding.
Lol that was incredibly funny!

Waking up to a Panthers win, ahhh nothing like it

Old
02-04-2012, 03:28 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Another big win tonight. We definitely outplayed the Jets and completely deserved the victory. There wasn't much flow to the game and I don't think it was the most exciting, but a win is a win. Clemmensen didn't get a huge test except for a few flurries of shots from time to time, so he should be alright to play tomorrow night in Tampa.

Where did all of those Jets fans come from? On TV, it looked almost like 25% of the crowd was wearing a Jets jersey. Strange to me since I would have thought not many people move to South Florida from Winnipeg and it's their first season in the league and don't have any superstars, so it's not a bandwagon thing.
I thought that too until I realized most of those jerseys were our sunday blues. Can't wait till' we burn them.

Old
02-04-2012, 05:50 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Y'all missed the funniest panther land chant

J-e-t-s suck suck suck!!!!

Awesome!!
Youtube or it didn't happen

Well deserved win!

Old
02-04-2012, 07:13 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
I thought that too until I realized most of those jerseys were our sunday blues. Can't wait till' we burn them.
Hundreds made the trip down and did the Tampa -panther thing. They said its cheaper then attending their own games.

Old
02-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Boooooth10

https://twitter.com/#!/chunkynhl
I love how the equipment guy keeps posting pictures like this

Old
02-04-2012, 07:23 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post

https://twitter.com/#!/chunkynhl
I love how the equipment guy keeps posting pictures like this
Yea I follow him, great stuff...

Old
02-04-2012, 09:02 AM
The Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Sammy was one of the best players on the ice tonight. His slick passes are a big plus to this team like Campbell on the blue line. Poise with the puck,beautiful to watch.
Hope he keeps it up for you guys, he can be frustrating to watch but at the same time it sounds like he has something left in the tank.

Old
02-04-2012, 09:45 AM
KW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Funny that none of the nucks fans come gloating any more about how they won the trade...

Old
02-04-2012, 09:55 AM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Quote:
at that kid.
I was hoping someone else saw that kid!! I need a dancing .gif of him now!!

---

It was a messy game at times, but we were outplaying them and deserved that win. So proud of our boys for keeping it to a regulation win!!

BRING IT ON TAMPA BAY!

Old
02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
RainingRats

As often as we all say it, tonight is another huge game. If we can actually put a winning streak together, this team will be a in a great position, regardless of where Washington is, or how Washington is playing.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:55 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Decided last night after going out for supper to go back to my new pad and continue renovations and listen to the game on XM Radio since I had already missed the 1st. So I installed flooring and listened to the Cats. For a boring sounding hockey game, Randy Moller sure makes it interesting. By the sounds of the game, I'm sure glad I didn't watch this one on TV (disappointing I missed the Caps game on Wed though.)

I like Moller's enthusiasm on the calls (especially Barchies fight!) Good to see we are back to our winning ways, and Clemmer seems to be playing with some confidence again. I like his quote from after the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Clemmensen
“If I just play solid, I think this team in front of me will win. I don't have to do anything special with this group.”

Will be watching tonight. I expect TBay to come out flying. Represent us well tonight guys!!!

Old
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Just a reminder, as I'm heading out to Tampa soon, I can't make the GDT, so someone else feel free to indulge their skills! Go Panthers!

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Closed Thread