HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending Depth Chart?

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2004, 01:46 PM
OttMorrow

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Goaltending Depth Chart?

So what does the goaltending depth chart for the Rangers look like now with so many good goalies?

Old
11-03-2004, 02:33 PM
adichiara03

Weekes
Dunham
Labarbera
Valliquete
Lundqvist
Montoya

IR: Blackburn

Weekes and Dunham has no clear cut #1.

Old
11-03-2004, 06:43 PM
nyr5186

I dont think you can put guys like Dunham and Montoya on the same list. You'd have to separate them between 'now' and 'later'.

Now

1. Weekes
1a. Dunham
3. Labarbera
4. Valiquette

Later

1. Lundqvist
2. Montoya
3. Blackburn
4. Holt

Dunham and Weekes are pretty much even, but I gave the nod to Weekes because he seems to be more consistent from what I've seen of him. The two will probably split time if hockey resumes this year, in the hopes that one of them outplays the other for the starting job.

Another thing to think about is Blackburn and his status come next season. Ideally it would be nice for him to get some consistent starts down in Hartford. But there are two problems:

1. You don't want him impeding the progress of Montoya/Lundqvist if they choose to go to Hartford. How would you allocate the starts to maximize everybody's development?

2. I believe starting next year Blackburn would need to clear waivers to be called up/sent down (those in the know, correct me if I'm wrong). So we would risk losing him to another team for nothing.

The remaining solution would be to just keep him up with the Rangers and use him as a backup. But do we really want, after losing two years of critical development time, to throw him back to the wolves in New York? Just curious to hear what you guys think.

Old
11-03-2004, 06:49 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
I dont think you can put guys like Dunham and Montoya on the same list. You'd have to separate them between 'now' and 'later'.

Now

1. Weekes
1a. Dunham
3. Labarbera
4. Valiquette

Later

1. Lundqvist
2. Montoya
3. Blackburn
4. Holt

Dunham and Weekes are pretty much even, but I gave the nod to Weekes because he seems to be more consistent from what I've seen of him. The two will probably split time if hockey resumes this year, in the hopes that one of them outplays the other for the starting job.

Another thing to think about is Blackburn and his status come next season. Ideally it would be nice for him to get some consistent starts down in Hartford. But there are two problems:

1. You don't want him impeding the progress of Montoya/Lundqvist if they choose to go to Hartford. How would you allocate the starts to maximize everybody's development?

2. I believe starting next year Blackburn would need to clear waivers to be called up/sent down (those in the know, correct me if I'm wrong). So we would risk losing him to another team for nothing.

The remaining solution would be to just keep him up with the Rangers and use him as a backup. But do we really want, after losing two years of critical development time, to throw him back to the wolves in New York? Just curious to hear what you guys think.

My list and sentiments exactly!

Closed Thread