HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 7.0 - "Everyone is Available Cuz We're the f'ing NYR" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 11:32 AM
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Sadly BB is a necessity . Since we can't score on the PP in order to compete the PK must even things out . BB takes up a lot of space with his wing span in the middle of the ice on the PK . Honestly the NYR are as predicted to play this year a team struggling to score but with no lack of effort on the defensive end . The only thing different is the results and to be honest I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop and either injuries to start happening or an avalanche of losses due to inability to score .
There is no fix , nor is their any need until the latter happens ( that being Injuries or avalanche of losses)
I've never seen someone who looks so uncomfortable on his skates, ankle injuries aside, of course. For a big guy, he's just soft. He's just not my kind of player. We have enough guys that can player the grittier side of the game. As far as being a giant distraction on the PP, I think our numbers this season show how well that's working out. I'd much rather see someone like Zucc in the line up, than see Boyle just literally taking up space.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Dorado*

Me too but Torts is married to BB being a checking Center / PKer and is also riding Henke and our ability to win one goal games / low scoring games and shut outs . At some point is reasonable to think the shut outs and one goal games are nit going to go our way . Until that happens I doubt we see MZA . I do think he'd help our PP a lot . 5-5 he might nit be a difference maker but on PP -4-4 absolutely

Old
02-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Vitto79

so if they get another faceoff C like Gaustad , Pahllson do they slide into the 3rd line spot or 4th?

For example Boyle, Gaustad, Prust?

Old
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Agree 100%. I would have no problem moving Dubinsky, Anisimov, or Sauer or a mid-level prospect to acquire Bobby Ryan. He is EXACTLY what this team needs. The problem is, I don't know if Dubinsky + Anisimov + a prospect is enough to acquire Ryan. Not only that, do the Ducks have any intention of trading their big three? The Ducks have been playing their best hockey this season. If they get hot, they still have a mild shot at a PO push.

I would not hesitate to send any of Dubinsky/Anisimov/Sauer packing to acquire an talent like Ryan.
I think anyone would, but it's more than highly unlikely a Dubi/AA/Sauer, prospect, pick gets it done.

I don't see them trading him unless they get blown with an offer. They'd probably want Stepan, McD, or Del Zotto as the main piece which I wouldn't do.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:28 PM
howztheglass

Carter scored again last night for Colmbus--I know the contract sucks but the guy can score.

If we could somehow pick him up on the cheap side I can't see how he wouldn't help this team.

Yeah he signed for another 9 years or so but so is Richards and with Gabby coming off in 2 years Carter would replace him as the long term answer.Let's face it's no sure thing that we can sign ZP in the offseason and I can't remember a season in which the salary cap has been around that the Ranger's didn't spend to the max.

Let's say,

AA
V-Tank
a 2nd round pick(maybe a 1st if we make the finals).

Doesn't solve the Defenseman that we need but could take care of the scoring problem that we have.

Before anyone flames away I'm just throwing it out there with Carter but my first choice as many fans would want is Ryan(shorter contract but around the same cap hit).

Old
02-04-2012, 12:59 PM
pld459666

Not sure why we would want to trade Bickell at this point.

A solid young and improving CHEAP defenceman like Bickell that provides an element of toughness that for the most part or defence lacks.

I thgink it would be a big mistake to move him for an over the hill and fading Kubina.

Old
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

It would have to be a first if those are the two players being sent over. WW has to go somewhere.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Dorado*

Just watched part of the top prospects game and I honestly wouldn't have a hard time trading a Late first for a true top six FW with size and skill , especially of one under contract at a reasonable hit was available for it and a roster paltry and prospect . Not many players really stood out in that game ( I know it's only a tiny glimpse )

Old
02-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Not sure why we would want to trade Bickell at this point.

A solid young and improving CHEAP defenceman like Bickell that provides an element of toughness that for the most part or defence lacks.

I thgink it would be a big mistake to move him for an over the hill and fading Kubina.
Bickel has gotten progressively worse since his first 5 games in the NHL, hes getting exposed as a fringe 7th guy/AHL'er.

If he is a consistent presence on this roster over the next couple of years, something has gone very,very wrong.

You think it'd be a mistake to move him to Kubina? Well, I think its not even worth talking about because he'd be nothing more than a throw-in in any deal

Old
02-04-2012, 02:31 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so is everyone against Hemsky even if he comes cheap?

I have some confidence Torts and the team as a whole can turn him around
There's a lot of players you consider if the price is right. Hemsky is one of them. My favorite player after Datsyuk.

Smyth, Doan, Hemsky, Iginla, Ryan, Nash, Rutuu -- it all depends on the price. My top 2 choices from that list would be 1A. Smyth 1B. Hemsky -- Hemsky b/c i've always loved his finesse game. Amazing hands -- possibly the best in the game right now; up there with Datsyuk. Reminds me so much of Kovalev with his dekes and Kovy was my fave Ranger from his era.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
There's a lot of players you consider if the price is right. Hemsky is one of them. My favorite player after Datsyuk.

Smyth, Doan, Hemsky, Iginla, Ryan, Nash, Rutuu -- it all depends on the price. My top 2 choices from that list would be 1A. Smyth 1B. Hemsky -- Hemsky b/c i've always loved his finesse game. Amazing hands -- possibly the best in the game right now; up there with Datsyuk. Reminds me so much of Kovalev with his dekes and Kovy was my fave Ranger from his era.
Hemsky is your 2nd favorite NHL player? You must be perpetually disappointed then.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:37 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hemsky is your 2nd favorite NHL player? You must be perpetually disappointed then.
I'm a fan of the finesse game. Plays that get you out of your seat and he's one of the few in the league who does it with ease. Datsyuk is another. Kovalev did it often as well. Maybe you notice a pattern maybe you don't. I remember the MONSTER playoff series he had against Carolina in the finals; Hemmer was possessed. I don't see why I should be disappointed but whatever floats your boat.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:40 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
I'm a fan of the finesse game. Plays that get you out of your seat and he's one of the few in the league who does it with ease. Datsyuk is another. Kovalev did it often as well. Maybe you notice a pattern maybe you don't. I remember the MONSTER playoff series he had against Carolina in the finals; Hemmer was possessed. I don't see why I should be disappointed but whatever floats your boat.
HUGE difference between the efficiency with which Datsyuk plays the finesse game and with which Hemsky or Kovalev do/did.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:43 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
HUGE difference between the efficiency with which Datsyuk plays the finesse game and with which Hemsky or Kovalev do/did.
Thanks captain obvious. Datsyuk is a selke winner and the other two don't come close to his 2 way game. I'm not even sure if they know what back checking is ; especially kovalev. Hemsky isn't nearly as bad without the puck. However, I was speaking strictly in terms of offense.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:54 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Thanks captain obvious. Datsyuk is a selke winner and the other two don't come close to his 2 way game. I'm not even sure if they know what back checking is ; especially kovalev. Hemsky isn't nearly as bad without the puck. However, I was speaking strictly in terms of offense.
I'd be captain obvious if I was talking about their defensive game, but I wasn't. Offensively, Datsyuk is a far more efficient player than practically every player in the world, but certainly more so than Hemsky or Kovalev. Just because they have a lot of talent doesn't mean they implement it the right way. Datsyuk tends to. Kovalev is one of the most talented offensive players of all-time. But that doesn't mean he was one of the best. Hemsky is a very talented player, and a good playmaker, but he's not in the same class as a Datsyuk, a St. Louis, a Kane, a Crosby, a Malkin, a Sedin, an Alfredsson. I'd probably put him on the next level.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Zil

Quote:
They don't come close to him offensively either.

Old
02-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Dorado*

Quote:

Smyth, Doan, Hemsky, Iginla, Ryan, Nash, Rutuu -- it all depends on the price. My top 2 choices from that list would be 1A. Smyth 1B. Hemsky -- Hemsky b/c i've always
loved his finesse game. Amazing
hands -- possibly the best in the
game right now; up there with
Datsyuk. Reminds me so much of
Kovalev with his dekes and Kovy
was my fave Ranger from his
era.
A shame those amazing hands are attached a pair of awful oft injured shoulders

Old
02-04-2012, 03:01 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
They don't come close to him offensively either.
Why are we even comparing Datsyuk to Hemsky and Kovalev tho? This is sme sick joke right?

I didn't realize Datsyuk was available come deadline -- why was he even brought up in a comparison. Were talking about Hemmer b/c he's available.

All I mentioned was Datsyuk is my favorite player in the league followed by Hemsky and now were comparing the two players? Can you and sting care to explain why were comparing them? When it's pretty obvious Datsyuk is overall the better player. The much more polished player. Sometimes you guys talk just to talk. How bored can you be? In fact I've stated countless times that to me Datsyuk is better than Crosby and Ovechkin. That's just me though.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:04 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
A shame those amazing hands are attached a pair of awful oft injured shoulders
It's a shame really. He's a victim of his style. He takes a lot to the net and dangerous areas of the ice using those hands to his advantage. His style of play couple with his size hasn't been a friendly recipe for him.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:04 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Why are we even comparing Datsyuk to Hemsky and Kovalev tho? This is sme sick joke right?

I didn't realize Datsyuk was available come deadline -- why was he even brought up in a comparison. Were talking about Hemmer b/c he's available.

All I mentioned was Datsyuk is my favorite player in the league followed by Hemsky and now were comparing the two players? Can you and sting care to explain why were comparing them? When it's pretty obvious Datsyuk is overall the better player. The much more polished player. Sometimes you guys talk just to talk. How bored can you be? In fact I've stated countless times that to me Datsyuk is better than Crosby and Ovechkin. That's just me though.
That's me, too. But I have zero interest in Hemmer. I just think it's odd that you're favorite players are finesse players, and Hemsky would be your second choice with so many other superior finesse players out there.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Well, I have zero interest in Hemmer. I just think it's odd that you're favorite players are finesse players, and Hemsky would be your second choice with so many other superior finesse players out there.
Well that's where we disagree then. I don't think there are many players in the league who have better hands or "finesse" game than Hemsky.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Dorado*

Pure elite : CROSBY / Malkin / Datsyuk
Next level : Giroux / Tavares / MSL / Toews
Elite pure sniper Stamkos
2nd tier sniper : Gaborik / Perry/ Vanek
Hemsky is no where near any if these players

Old
02-04-2012, 03:07 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Pure elite : CROSBY / Malkin / Datsyuk
Next level : Giroux / Tavares / MSL / Toews
Elite pure sniper Stamkos
2nd tier sniper : Gaborik / Perry/ Vanek
Hemsky is no where near any if these players
Elite and having great hands are 2 totally different things. Gretzky didn't have amazing hands or a great dangle game and he's the greatest player of all time. Not sure what you're trying to prove.

Old
02-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Dorado*

Oh yeah insert OVIE in there as a next level Elite has he has come back to the pack a little

Old
02-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Zil

Quote:
Well that's where we disagree then. I don't think there are many players in the league who have better hands or "finesse" game than Hemsky.
Datsyuk, Giroux, Malkin, Crosby, Kane, the Sedins, St. Louis, Kovalchuk, Alfredsson, etc.... This list could go on for a while.

Closed Thread