HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 7.0 - "Everyone is Available Cuz We're the f'ing NYR" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I don't think that's a lot of hope. I see about a 75% chance of Erixon either making the team out of camp next fall OR being a call up and sticking some time during next season. Could he need at least another full year or longer, sure. But I think the odds are he makes it. Regarding McIlrath, yes, that's a bit more uncertain...will he make the team out of camp in 2013? That's anyone's guess.
How do you figure the 75% chance that Erixon is on the team this year? Not to be a party pooper, but from what he has looked like at the NHL level, there is no reason think that he is ready for the NHL.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
This^^ Thank you YES, and again, nothing against Girardi, full props for elevating his game, but Staal is the keeper IMO.
Honestly Girardi is a RH shot D man a commodity and appears to be getting better . I'd trade Staal for a 25-30 goal scoring big body stud wing . He would be missed but just as Staal took a few years to be who he is we have Erixon and McI in the wings and MDZ and mcD emerging . We can get by with Stalman and I'd try and get a vet bug body like Hal Gill to play 3rd pair .

Old
02-08-2012, 01:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Marco (NJ)

I have a two part question if you do not mind. First being, do you think that was a goal in last night's Devils Rangers? It looked like Gaborik tried to avoid but was pushed by Volchenkov. Also after watching the Rangers not score a PP goal I am wondering if the Rangers will try to get someone to run the PP which I dont think will solve their problems anyway. Personally I think Del Zotto is capable and that the system is too stationary for it to work consistently. Thanks.
Pierre LeBrun (2:09 PM)

Marco, I thought ref made right call on that non-goal. Brodeur needs to have a chance to make the save. Yes Gabby was pushed in, but he still could have made better effort to avoid Marty. Second, yes Rangers on lookout for PP d-man and/or top-six scoring winger
Lebrun hasn't named any names as of yet............

Old
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Marek Zidlicky (Minnesota)

Pierre, when will I be dealt to the NY Rangers? I am a victim of the system here in Minnesota and I want out!

Pierre LeBrun (2:21 PM)

Am told Rangers are not interested in you sir, sorry
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/42446

Thank goodness.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I guess Vinny Prospal loves Columbus, Ohio cause he just re-signed there and is going to re-sign every year and eventually take a job in the organization.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Dorado*

Flame away but
STAAL + AA PLUS WORSTYET BLOWSKI ( cap dump for us cap basement move them ) and 1st for Slick Stick Rick .
McD G
MDZ AS ( Sauer if ever plays again )
Trade for Hal Gill as a stop gap .
This team won almost half the year without Staal he would undoubtedly be missed but without another legit top 6 wing for Richards he will sooner rather than later become Wade Drury Richards III . have to give to get

Old
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Dorado*

Before any one says salary cap there are plenty of people on here who wanna throw that much money at ZP . He is a gamer and legit threat but ill go with the big guy who can do the same . I remember Nash and Getzlaf taking that USA V CAN gold ( even though I know ZP tied it ) medal game over down the stretch .

Old
02-08-2012, 01:47 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Thats pretty funny

Old
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Crease

Pretty surprised to see how far out of favor Staal has become around here. He's under contract for the next 3 years at a very nice cap hit. There's no way to know if Erixon and McIlrath will pan out. I understand we need some help on offense but still...

Old
02-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Pretty surprised to see how far out of favor Staal has become around here. He's under contract for the next 3 years at a very nice cap hit. There's no way to know if Erixon and McIlrath will pan out. I understand we need some help on offense but still...

Not to mention that his trade value is probably at an all time low. If we tried to deal him now, other teams would think there's a lot more to the concussion issue.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Dorado*

To use HF BOARDS GM TERMINOLOGY IDT that Staal is out of any ones favor its .... Asset management . He is a great sut down D Man . He matches up against the Crosbies and Malkins Ovies etc all game . But...... Now so does McD . So does G . the team is still in first place I know stay the course . Ok I'm fine with that too but at what point is banging your head against a wall and expecting it not to hurt going to stop . As constructed NYR have now a supposed stud C who is not producing because he doesn't have a goal scorer to play with . He is supposed to help the PP an yet it's worst in the league . Defense is important but you can defend all day if you can't score big timely goals or punish teams for taking penalties you will never win it all . BOSTON is the exception not the norm and MTL had them beat and down 3-1 .

Old
02-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
To use HF BOARDS GM TERMINOLOGY IDT that Staal is out of any ones favor its .... Asset management . He is a great sut down D Man . He matches up against the Crosbies and Malkins Ovies etc all game . But...... Now so does McD . So does G . the team is still in first place I know stay the course . Ok I'm fine with that too but at what point is banging your head against a wall and expecting it not to hurt going to stop . As constructed NYR have now a supposed stud C who is not producing because he doesn't have a goal scorer to play with . He is supposed to help the PP an yet it's worst in the league . Defense is important but you can defend all day if you can't score big timely goals or punish teams for taking penalties you will never win it all . BOSTON is the exception not the norm and MTL had them beat and down 3-1 .
How do we know Girardi is going to replicate his Norris-like season next year? Last year he was involved in half the trade proposals on this board. For all we know he could be having a career year defensively and regress back to bad habits next year. Staal is a proven commodity (concussion issues aside).

Trading our #1 defenseman because of the emergence of Girardi and McDonagh, who haven't put together a full season that matches what Staal has given us the past 3 years, is NOT good asset management.

Last edited by Crease: 02-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
How do we know Girardi is going to replicate his Norris-like season next year? Last year he was involved in half the trade proposals on this board. For all we know he could be having a career year defensively and regress back to bad habits next year. Staal is a proven commodity (concussion issues aside).
He was good defensively last year too.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Dorado*

Nothing is certain in life or sports . One thing I know is certain is that we have a lot of D assets and some ? FW prospects that could be boon or bust or just decent NHL 2/3 line tweensers in which most of this team is made up k and eventually you can replace with ELC versions allowing you to gamble on high ticket proven fairly young talent under contrAct that have produced . We hitched our wagon to TORTS GOLDEN BOY CONN SMYTHER and it turns out without a stud wing he's just not that good . If NYR wait and KREIDER AND THOMAS AND MILLER AND CO pan out great they will be cheap labor . You never wanna give up any body but There is risk in every trade , signing etc

Old
02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
He was good defensively last year too.
Not nearly at the level he's playing now. I could count on two hands the # of posters who thought he would excel without Staal.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I guess Vinny Prospal loves Columbus, Ohio cause he just re-signed there and is going to re-sign every year and eventually take a job in the organization.
apparently, job security I guess.........hope Ruutu does not get signed and hes moved to the Rangers at the right price instead

Old
02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Dorado*

Is having BR for 10 years at 31 yo without any complimentary players good asset mgmt ?NYR LATEST 7 M dollar 4th liner . BR / Rupp / Prust ... Sick can't wait for the next 5 games

Old
02-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Crease

Quote:
Is having BR for 10 years at 31 yo without any complimentary players good asset mgmt ?NYR LATEST 7 M dollar 4th liner . BR / Rupp / Prust ... Sick can't wait for the next 5 games
Gaborik is not a good complimentary player? I'm willing to give them more time to develop some chemistry. I'm also willing to wait and see if Girardi, McDonagh, Erixon, and McIlrath are strong enough to anchor a blue line without Marc Staal. To each his own I guess.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Dorado*

Apparently the coach doesn't think so . And then there are still HUGE holes in our FW ranks but we have plenty of D which is alwAys important and which will probably need to be dealt at some point to get that Guy who can be a legit top six scorer

Old
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

A package of Rutuu and Allen for the right price would be great. We could send Bickel and Mitchell down and have Allen and Eminger rotating.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Alluckks

Should we consider trading Girardi in the off-season? He is under control for 2 more years, but we have Erixon coming up next year and McIllrath probably the year after. His value will be at an all-time high and we can't hold onto all of these defensemen forever.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluckks View Post
Should we consider trading Girardi in the off-season? He is under control for 2 more years, but we have Erixon coming up next year and McIllrath probably the year after. His value will be at an all-time high and we can't hold onto all of these defensemen forever.
No.

Why would a team trying to win the cup trade a proven 1st pairing defenseman on a sweetheart contract? To maximize his "value"? That's, quite frankly, ridiculous. Erixon and McIlrath are promising, but neither are proven commodities. Erixon has 15 games under his belt. McIlrath has 0, and, even if McIlrath plays to his "ceiling", he won't be as good as Girardi is now. He isn't good enough positionally.

If this were a bubble team, looking to shake things up, I could see where you're coming from, but with the team constructed as it is right now, it'd be a terrible move.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-08-2012, 04:27 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
How do you figure the 75% chance that Erixon is on the team this year? Not to be a party pooper, but from what he has looked like at the NHL level, there is no reason think that he is ready for the NHL.
I said 75% chance that he makes the team at some point NEXT season...either out of camp or as a call up. So basically within the next 14 months I see him on the Rangers. Could I be wrong...absolutely. But I think he's pretty close. He's been one of the best dmen in the AHL this season. He just needs to get accustomed to our ice surface and put on a few pounds. But he'll be on the big squad soon enough.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Honestly Girardi is a RH shot D man a commodity and appears to be getting better . I'd trade Staal for a 25-30 goal scoring big body stud wing . He would be missed but just as Staal took a few years to be who he is we have Erixon and McI in the wings and MDZ and mcD emerging . We can get by with Stalman and I'd try and get a vet bug body like Hal Gill to play 3rd pair .
Yes, G is RH and IS getting EVEN better --- although his shot is so crappy, I wouldn't brag about it.

Staal is better, has more upside assuming concussion completely going, going gone!

I have always respected Gill but I'm not sure he has the legs anymore, even for someone who is just supposed to be a stay at home D.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:05 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I really don't see the big deal in trading Staal & assets for an elite defender. I hear people saying things like we can't afford to lose Staal, we don't have anyone who can replace him etc. If we trade him for an upgrade who plays the rightside, our defense actually gets better and less dumb matchups. Staal-Bickel is a waste of Staal's talent.

One example would be Staal + for Shea Weber.
We immediately get an offensive upgrade but we get the ability to ice two incredible defense pairings and then Sauer/Eminger/Stralman/Erixon can play the 3rd pairing.
The top four would look like:
McD-Girardi
MDZ-Weber
Eminger-Sauer/Stralman

rather than:

McD-G
MDZ-Stralman
Staal-Bickel

Torts doesn't like to play people on their offside which is why we've seen the diluted pairings. If the top 4 are L/R L/R then Eminger who can actually play the leftside well plays the 3rd pairing. We could even pick up Hal Gill for a late pick.

There are a lot of good RH dmen that have offensive ability that Staal could be dealt for + or -:

Subban
Weber
Bufuglien
Dan Boyle
James Wisniewski (wouldn't require Staal)
Doughty
Pietrangelo
Bogosian
Wideman (wouldn't require Staal)
Erik Johnson

Realistically, there are two possible deals that would benefit us:

1) We package Staal with something to get a superior player (ie: Staal 1st 2nd for Weber)
2) We package Staal + a lesser player like Dubinsky for two players that lie in between. (ie: Staal + Dubinsky for Pacioretty & Subban)

Closed Thread