HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 7.0 - "Everyone is Available Cuz We're the f'ing NYR" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
....Yes. That's not his point. It is that even with his issues in a big enough city like Philly, he was still putting up 30-40 goals. I don't see how trading him takes that away.
In the regular season. Compare his playoff stats and note the drastic reduction in production he suffered. That, combined with the fact that he has also looked markedly worse at wing as compared to center, suggests he's not a fit to me.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
My point is that he put up 30-40 goals and still got traded. That just speaks volumes. He's a cancer.
Given the rangers issues putting the puck in the net id take a chance

Old
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
..............and they traded him.
They traded him because they realized they were never going to win the Cup with their goaltending.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
My point is that he put up 30-40 goals and still got traded. That just speaks volumes. He's a cancer.
They gave him a 11 year contract. So either he turned into a "cancer" in a matter of 6 months, or there are other reasons involved here. I'm more inclined to believe the latter as opposed to believing that a guy had a major personality shift at the age of 27.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Esa 10

So far, between Friedman, LeBrun, and Dreger, I've read that NYR are interested in Selanne, Ryan Smyth, Ruutu, Doan, Parise, Ryan, Nash, Suter, Weber. NO MENTION of Carter. His cap hit is excellent for his production. His contract is risky, but at 27 less so than many players on long term deals. He doesn't play a grinding game, but his defense is not worse than many snipers. Nash and Ryan aren't back checking wizards and both have been noted for not using their size just like Carter. The lack of interest can't be simply due to his contract. Nash is owed another 6 years at $2.5m more annually than Carter. One reason could be he doesn't fit positionally. They don't believe he can switch to LW and don't want to move anyone around. Another one is that at the very least the Rangers themselves believe there's some truth to Carter's off-ice issues. No sense in bringing in a player if the coach doesn't want him.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
You've also been saying that we should trade away half our defense in order to obtain offense. Not exactly a winning formula.
That is an accurate, and therefore fair criticism.

In the interests of being accurate, however, I have
1) always gone for a real blue chip strategy that invests to build, and on paper, barring injury succeeds; guys like Hall and Weber should be can't miss

2) I have adjusted my views to reflect actual upgrades, which weren't deserving or applicable before, which has cut that number from half to 1 or 1+ (usually Girardi/Sauer). At one point prior to the development witnessed this season 1 said trade something like 4 D, + others + X for Hall + the Oiler 2012 1st + MPS. You could argue that deal was technically balanced.

However, as soon as the situation changed I downsized the deal and the number of D going over, because that was a correct update.

------------

Finally, I see how there is a need for development and it varies from player to player. Torts system is particularly demanding, so unfortunately it may require even more.

That said, I have usually been right when saying, let's push the envelope.
They said don't trade Roszi, the sky would fall, not enough D.
The sky didn't fall.

I said let's give McDonagh a shot sooner than later, see if he can cut it.
He has beyond wildest expectations.

I said the same for Grachev, ok, so I'm not batting 1.000;
Ditto for Hagelin, who made me look good.

If Erixon is here and plays, and is not jerked around, he'll be fine. Maybe a week or two to get it straight, but he's got the ability and applies himself. He'll be fine.

McIlrath is a stay at home D, he can be here next year as a 6/7th.

No reason not to trade Girardi + if return is upside of Hall or Weber.

Sure, there is a risk, but it is an acceptable one.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
If anyone remembers years ago there was all this talk of turning the team over to Carter and Richards in Philly. Then what Carter and Richards bought into the idea that they'd be corner stone pieces to that franchise! So they sign 10+ year contracts reasonable cap hits to not only stay in Philly but not hinder them they way 7+ million dollar contracts did when tampa bay tried to keep their big players.

Yet how they repaid? Philly gets some new toys in Giroux and Van Riemsdyke they bring in Pronger who has had to control every locker room he's been apart of. Then before ya know it these two are being over looked. It was a huge slap to them.

Ya know if Carter was rumored for Detroit there wouldn't be any worries about charter because they know its a strong locker room and coach presence over there. People didn't wanna deal with Bertuzzi yet that worked out for Detroit. We have a strong locker room presence, solid veterans in Richards, Rupp, Fedotenko...Plus lets not forget the one man no NYRanger wants to piss off and thats Tortorella.

Funniest part to this whole debate outside of whether or not people like his contract is that we had Mr. Nightlife himself Sean Avery who it was rumored was all sorts of lockeroom trouble, yet there's people that would love nothing more than to have him back up with the team. So imo if this organization can take a chance on Sean Avery, they shouldn't mind a 30+ goal scorer in Carter..
Regarding the player Jeff Carter, ALL you mention is his stats. Stats. Stats. Stats.

How many pts did Brad Richards score before coming to NY and how many is he scoring right now? Basically exactly the same amount I said he would score here. And people said, Ola you gotta be kidding me BR is a star of course he will score 90 pts in NY too.

When are we going to learn in NY?

And how can you mention Bertuzzi in the same sentence as Jeff Carter? What has Carter ever done to be compared with a player who was top 3-4 in the league for a long time?

WATCH HIM PLAY!

CBJ have now and theycant get rid of him fast enough. He has not been a disappointment for them. He has been a Redden like complete and utter disaster. Without alot of support -- he has sucked.

I am sick of this stats talk. This player is a 30 goal scorer and this player is a 90 pts player and then we sit there asking how it's possible that we only get 15 goals and 60 pts, because people are too lazy to spen an hr watching the NHL network.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Hankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Hall.
Why does this keep coming up?

Old
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Regarding the player Jeff Carter, ALL you mention is his stats. Stats. Stats. Stats.

How many pts did Brad Richards score before coming to NY and how many is he scoring right now? Basically exactly the same amount I said he would score here. And people said, Ola you gotta be kidding me BR is a star of course he will score 90 pts in NY too.

And how can you mention Bertuzzi in the same sentence as Jeff Carter? What has Carter ever done to be compared with a player who was top 3-4 in the league for a long time?

WATCH HIM PLAY!

CBJ have now and theycant get rid of him fast enough. He has not been a disappointment for them. He has been a Redden like complete and utter disaster. Without alot of support -- he has sucked.

I am sick of this stats talk. This player is a 30 goal scorer and this player is a 90 pts player and then we sit there asking how it's possible that we only get 15 goals and 60 pts, because people are too lazy to spen an hr watching the NHL network.
Why wouldnt you look at stats? Its not like we're talking about a Prucha here who had one 30 goal season. The guy consistently scores 30+ goals, you dont do that being a bad player. I've watched Carter play and I know he can put the puck in the net and thats what the Rangers need.

Cant see how he's been an utter disaster for Columbus. Hes at a 30 goal average for an 82 game season. His assists are off but thats only because that team is a disaster and outside of him and Nash nobody can score.

Anyone that expected Richards to come here and score 90 points was an idiot. The guy only reached that number 2x's in his career. Expecting him to put up 70 wasnt out of the question though and thats all I expected. Expecting Carter to put up 30 goals here isnt out of the question either when he probably would have done that in Columbus had he not gotten hurt

Old
02-09-2012, 05:04 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankenstein View Post
Why does this keep coming up?
Because he just doesnt get it.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:47 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

https://twitter.com/#!/ice_chip/stat...54827475075073

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ice_chip
GM Jim Rutherford said he had "good meeting" with Ruutu to discuss future with the team. Said decision should come by middle of next week.
Eye on the 'Canes for the next week or so...

Old
02-09-2012, 08:42 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Love this teams work ethic ... but man we really do need more offensive punch.

Old
02-09-2012, 08:44 PM
NYR Viper

After watching this game, I would take Kubina for sure on the 3rd pairing. The guy is still a top-4 d-man and he is a really big body who blocks shots and is a pain to play against.

Old
02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
After watching this game, I would take Kubina for sure on the 3rd pairing. The guy is still a top-4 d-man and he is a really big body who blocks shots and is a pain to play against.
When Sam and Joe were talking about Kubina, I was thinking that I wouldn't be surprised if we acquired him at the deadline. We could use a veteran guy with some playoff experience and he definitely fits the bill.

Old
02-09-2012, 08:55 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
When Sam and Joe were talking about Kubina, I was thinking that I wouldn't be surprised if we acquired him at the deadline. We could use a veteran guy with some playoff experience and he definitely fits the bill.
Not a bad idea if Sauer isnt gonna come back. If Sauer is back I dont think its necessary. Kind of liking the way Stralman is playing and wouldnt take out of the lineup at this point. If Sauer isnt coming back I wouldnt mind having Kubina in Eminger's spot

Old
02-09-2012, 08:56 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

WATCH HIM PLAY!

this is nonsense. Carter doesn't become a mutt in one season, because you say so. i've watched Carter play for years, he scores goals and we need that. Because he's not working out in Columbus
were' suppossed to forget that he's a perenial 30g scorer? You missed the point with Bertuzzi. He was as untouchable as a player could have been in this league, but he managed to salvage his career and win a cup with Detroit! He should be in Jail!

Richards is adjusting to a new city, team, system, and linemates.
he didn't forget how to play hockey. he needs to be surrounded with similiar talent from his previous teams to match his #'s.

what exactly are we suppossed to learn in NY? Not to pursue young
FAs or make trades for young talent? We can't draft it? what's your suggestion?

Old
02-09-2012, 08:57 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
TB is in the mix. They may not be selling.

02-09-2012, 09:07 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That division is sad

Old
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
TB is presently 8 points out of POs in division. 9 points with 3 games in hand in conference. If they slip any more I see them selling. If not then pretty moot as they will try to add instead. Kubina looked pretty good (Hedman was real good too) out there - I must admit...

Old
Vitto79

Quote:
I think they sell, too many teams to jump. I imagine Kubina waives to play with Torts again. I'd like another McCabe type deal

Also those looking for a sniper lets be realistic it wont happen. Unless one of Smyth, Selane, Doan decides to waive last second or they can pry Whitney out of Phoenix

Old
02-09-2012, 09:10 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think they sell, too many teams to jump. I imagine Kubina waives to play with Torts again. I'd like another McCabe type deal

Also those looking for a sniper lets be realistic it wont happen. Unless one of Smyth, Selane, Doan decides to waive last second or they can pry Whitney out of Phoenix
Yeah - I proposed something around getting Kotitsyn today on the trades boards and the delusional Habs fans actually believe he will render a 1st rounder...

Old
02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Yeah - I proposed something around getting Kotitsyn today on the trades boards and the delusional Habs fans actually believe he will render a 1st rounder...
Scott Gomez scored a goal today...remember when they thought they won that deal..........enough said ............Kostitsyn doesnt seem like a gritty Torts guy, I know we want offense but I imagine they stick to going for a Ruutu or Smyth type of guy.

Picking are slim. Luckily this team has won all yr clawing there way to number 1

atleast they are rumored in on Whitney..........2nd and Zuke, my standard offer!

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...tney/?tw_p=twt

Old
02-09-2012, 09:19 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

As I said in the Stralman thread, I don't see the need for a vet defenseman. Unless we're talking about an upgrade like a Weber or Suter, why get Kubina? Who would you sit for him?

Barring a major injury, we need a top 6 forward... or nothing.

If you can't get a reasonable deal for a top 6, then stand pat, go to the POs with what you have and look at adjustments in the offseason.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:20 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Scott Gomez scored a goal today...remember when they thought they won that deal..........enough said ............Kostitsyn doesnt seem like a gritty Torts guy, I know we want offense but I imagine they stick to going for a Ruutu or Smyth type of guy.

Picking are slim. Luckily this team has won all yr clawing there way to number 1

atleast they are rumored in on Whitney..........2nd and Zuke, my standard offer!

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...tney/?tw_p=twt
If Phoenix is selling this would be a great move for the Rangers. He's still a top 6 guy who can put up points and hes another veteran who's won before

Old
02-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
As I said in the Stralman thread, I don't see the need for a vet defenseman. Unless we're talking about an upgrade like a Weber or Suter, why get Kubina? Who would you sit for him?
Barring a major injury, we need a top 6 forward... or nothing.

If you can't get a reasonable deal for a top 6, then stand pat, go to the POs with what you have and look at adjustments in the offseason.
The Eminger/Bickel tandem

Closed Thread