HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Road Runners VS San Antonio (FLA)

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Fayne Gretzky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Whew, Salmo sounds like he's playing amazing!
Yeah and Winchester is invisible...

Powerplay - Runners

Old
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers112
Yeah and Winchester is invisible...

Powerplay - Runners
Alas... I was really hoping Winchester would come out and put together another solid game. We could really use a big power forward with some finish up with the Oilers. I haven't been listening to the broadcast, has he been all but invisible? I'm guessing he's still on a line with Wright and Peterson?

Old
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Quote:
Alas... I was really hoping Winchester would come out and put together another solid game. We could really use a big power forward with some finish up with the Oilers. I haven't been listening to the broadcast, has he been all but invisible? I'm guessing he's still on a line with Wright and Peterson?
He'd gotten into some little shove-matches, but nothing really offensively. He's on that line, but they've been overshadowed by Salmo's, so I can't remember anything spectacular they put together.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers112
He'd gotten into some little shove-matches, but nothing really offensively. He's on that line, but they've been overshadowed by Salmo's, so I can't remember anything spectacular they put together.
Cool... everyone has an off night, at least Salmo is producing. I'm guessing Salmo is on a line with Stoll and Bishai? How do those two sound like they're playing tonight?

Old
10-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Quote:
Cool... everyone has an off night, at least Salmo is producing. I'm guessing Salmo is on a line with Stoll and Bishai? How do those two sound like they're playing tonight?
Stoll is off to his usual miss the net routine, and Bishai's just been solid. Salmo's really the one who's taking all the glorywith hard work. I wasn't listening too intently, but i will in the 3rd.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Digger12

I see they gave Woywitka a belated assist on Salmo's 2nd goal.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I see they gave Woywitka a belated assist on Salmo's 2nd goal.
Yay, finally a point for Woywitka... I was really hoping he'd start to show some decent progress on his offensive game this season.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Dangerdanger

Salmo has to be close to getting a roster spot with the oilers. I mean, I thought he almost made it last year, but no dice. This year might have been his year, but it will be interesting to see what happens next year.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Runners are starting to shut it down now, the defence has been incredible this season, much better than I thought, especially against two really good teams. Let's hope they can keep it up, and Go Salmo for the Hat Trick! 7 mins remaining.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Ok, I'll shut up now...defence fell apart and Deslauriers gave up the goal afte 3 saves. Taticek with the pick-up.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Digger12

D'oh. Rebound goal.

2-1 now, time to batten down the hatches.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
D'oh. Rebound goal.

2-1 now, time to batten down the hatches.
Bah, I wanted JDD to get the shutout. Hopefully they don't pull an "Oilers" on us and give up another late goal...

Old
10-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Sounds like JDD just made a huge save to keep the score 2-1. Come on Runners.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Fayne Gretzky

STOLL with the Empty-netter, 3-1 EDMONTON!!!

And it's a final. JDD played great, 28 saves.

Stars:

1st: Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers
2nd: Tony Salmelainen
3rd: Travis Scott

Last edited by Fayne Gretzky: 10-20-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Old
10-20-2004, 11:14 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
well, to be honest, I wasn't even expecting this much out of JDD this early!!! He keeps up with these kinda performances and we'll start to hear more talk about JDD and less about MAF (the big game loser).

10-20-2004, 11:19 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Well that was a very unexciting game. There's just not much entertainment value out there.

Positives:

Deslauriers is gonna be good. Big guy that moves fast, showed his skills tonight. With some polish, there's our #1.

Tony Salmelainen was unspectacular, but good. I just plain like the way he can play the game.

Negatives:

We don't have very many actual prospects for the NHL playing on this team.

That Mrozik guy is terrible. Him and Thompson together is like putting two rocks in the middle of the defensive zone and hoping the other team runs into them, blech.

The loudest noises of the night would barely register at an Oilers game.

It's really not the same, and it's not as good as University hockey for actually watching it and enjoying it. Not that I expected much.

Old
10-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Negatives:

We don't have very many actual prospects for the NHL playing on this team.
I think we have a lot of NHL prospects playing and would probably have more than most teams in a typical AHL season. Lynch, Woywitka, Stoll, Salmelainen, Winchester, Brodziak, Radunske, Bishai and JDD are all potential NHL players just off the top of my head. The excitement level will definitely not be as high as an Oilers game but you can't argue that they don't have potential NHL players there...

Old
10-21-2004, 12:41 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

ha ha, anyone seen Rocky's official team picture? That's the look of a slugger if I've ever seen one

Old
10-21-2004, 12:51 AM
GJ Oil

Hi Guys

Its been a while since I posted, about a year or so... life's been crazy.

Anyway, I just had to post about the Road Runners. I went to the home opener with my daughter last Friday and I went with a buddy tonight to see them play San Antonio. Both games were fantastic.

Friday was exciting because there were 16,000 fans and they won in O.T. Tonight was great because the Road Runners played damn well, won again, and were full marks for the victory. Florida Panthers have a lot of talent to put on their San Antonio farm club: Stephen Weiss, Peter Taticek, Lucas Krajicek, Jay Bouwmeester, Nathan Horton (though I didn't see Horton out there). They are also huge. There are two 6'5 guys and a 6'6 guy aside from the above mentioned players.

Nonetheless, the 'Runners totally dominated the first 54 minutes of the game and should have led 4 or 5 to nothing. There is no doubt who the first star should have been: Travis Scott, the San Antonio goalie did get beat twice, but he made 3 or 4 mindboggling saves and was solid all night.

I was very pleased with how JDD played, especially after San Antonio scored with 6 minutes left and were pressing very hard. He made a couple of big saves when they were most needed.

Samelainen was terrific. He showed off his speed, blowing right through the defense for a break away, but he got stoned by Scott. Mike Bishai just looks great. He seems to always make the right play. So too does Jarret Stoll. J.J. Hunter also looks very good, flying down the wing and cutting to the net.

The one thing that is deceiving is that the RR's have not scored on the power play yet this year. Their PP tonight was awesome. They were all over the Rampage 3 or 4 times, but the goalie was unbeatable. It may not be saying much, but that PP looked better than the Oilers'.

For most of the game the Road Runners looked like the much better team, while the Rampage looked disjointed. The most disappointing player was Jay Bouwmeester. He looked disinterested and gave away the puck 3 or 4 times.

Cheers guys.

Go 'Runners

Old
10-21-2004, 02:05 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

It shows how strong of a team the 'Runners are beating a team loaded with top notched prospects 2 games in a row. Nice to see Stoll get a goal, but he had better pick it up if he's going to reach the 1 ppg. level that I expected of him. Too bad about Winchester's no-show, no shots all game following up a monster game. He's already an Oiler just based on in-consistency!!! JDD is far ahead of the pace that I expected of him, if he's ready for full time #1 status, should we bring up Morrison to back him up, and have Moss as mainly a mentor and a guy who starts every 5-6 games??? Or would it be better to leave Morrison down in Greenville???

Closed Thread