HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR @ Philly Question

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2012, 08:01 PM
  #1
trueblue231930
Registered User
 
trueblue231930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
NYR @ Philly Question

I'm heading to Philly next weekend for the game and I was just curious if anyone knew of the best spot to get autographs?

Also, if anyone knows what hotel the team stays in that would be great.

trueblue231930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
  #2
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue231930 View Post
I'm heading to Philly next weekend for the game and I was just curious if anyone knew of the best spot to get autographs?

Also, if anyone knows what hotel the team stays in that would be great.
I'm not too sure, the only time I went to Philly was for the classic. I didn't even realize we play them next weekend -- maybe I'll head down too

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:10 PM
  #3
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,892
vCash: 500
You're better off asking on the Flyers board but I'm pretty sure they bus it straight into the arena so you probably wouldn't be able to get any at the game.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:13 PM
  #4
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
You're better off asking on the Flyers board but I'm pretty sure they bus it straight into the arena so you probably wouldn't be able to get any at the game.
I wouldn't go over there, that board can be nasty at times. They are very territorial and don't want Ranger fans coming to their building. From my experience in the winter classic, that city gets very defensive and didn't know how to handle so many visiting fans at a game.

But I guess it depends who answers you -- when I posted over there they basically told me to get the **** out lol

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:23 PM
  #5
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I wouldn't go over there, that board can be nasty at times. They are very territorial and don't want Ranger fans coming to their building. From my experience in the winter classic, that city gets very defensive and didn't know how to handle so many visiting fans at a game.

But I guess it depends who answers you -- when I posted over there they basically told me to get the **** out lol
I was at the Classic too. None of the fans were too bad and the guys on the Subway were actually very welcoming and held a nice conversation about both teams.

I got a kick out of the good-natured ribbing in the bathroom, but I'd agree it was a surprise to see 20-30% of the stadium filled with NYR fans.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:32 PM
  #6
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I was at the Classic too. None of the fans were too bad and the guys on the Subway were actually very welcoming and held a nice conversation about both teams.

I got a kick out of the good-natured ribbing in the bathroom, but I'd agree it was a surprise to see 20-30% of the stadium filled with NYR fans.
I guess it depends who you run into there. The few Flyer fans sitting around me were very hostile and rude, but we also had them completely surrounded by blue jerseys.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:34 PM
  #7
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 500
Virtually impossible. There's an underpass that they drive/bus into. Obviously the Rangers bus won't stop, very few Flyers stopped the time I was there.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:44 PM
  #8
trueblue231930
Registered User
 
trueblue231930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Thanks for the input. I was at the classic too and didn't think they were that bad.

ALways a few but not too many d-cks.

Anyone know what hotel they stay at?

trueblue231930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 08:45 PM
  #9
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue231930 View Post
Thanks for the input. I was at the classic too and didn't think they were that bad.

ALways a few but not too many d-cks.

Anyone know what hotel they stay at?
Well I know what hotel they don't stay at, The Hyatt at Penn's Landing lol

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:15 PM
  #10
trueblue231930
Registered User
 
trueblue231930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers88 View Post
well i know what hotel they don't stay at, the hyatt at penn's landing lol
lol???

trueblue231930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:16 PM
  #11
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue231930 View Post
lol???
When I stayed there for the classic, I was talking to the bartender in the lobby and he said the hotel has been trying for years to get teams to stay there, but so far the only away team they got was the Florida Marlins.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 09:31 PM
  #12
trueblue231930
Registered User
 
trueblue231930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
When I stayed there for the classic, I was talking to the bartender in the lobby and he said the hotel has been trying for years to get teams to stay there, but so far the only away team they got was the Florida Marlins.
Oh gotcha.

I think it's the Marriot right by the arena but I'm not 100% sure.

trueblue231930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.