HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jersey Woes : Habs lose to Devils 5-3, but there is a silver lining

Old
02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
blueinmtl

vCash: 500
The song remains the same...RC had Darche, Gill, Weber, Leblanc +1 out there with 6 or so to go at 3-3. Got lucky, puck over the glass, made a change. Couldn't keep DD away from Parise & Holik.

Can't complain about AK tonight, working hard with everyone he was with...Eller also some nice touches...Plecks alone in front in the 3rd, that killed me. DD has to be 'shifted' better by the coaching staff. That said he was buzzing around well tonight.

Kaberle wtf...once again negating his good puck skills with his atrocious off the puck movement, d work. Bourque some OK shifts, a lot of disappearance again. Emelin, PK good again...broken record.

That pp in the 3rd, lots of standing around...waiting...anyone gonna move, not me, maybe you, maybe, err...

Chris Lee is *******.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Maliki2

Best thing about this season, if Price wants 7 million a year and we give it to him...then we are in deep ****!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:28 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
DD has to be 'shifted' better by the coaching staff. That said he was buzzing around well tonight.
That's what gets me. DD is a fine player, very useful, but he has his limitations. Martin spent untold amounts of effort and buried Plekanec with defensive faceoffs so that he could shelter DD from defensive assignments and give him all the offensive minutes he could possibly get so that he could cut loose with what he does best.

While he was doing this, Cunneyworth was right there. Didn't they talk? How can he not have a clue?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
The song remains the same...RC had Darche, Gill, Weber, Leblanc +1 out there with 6 or so to go at 3-3. Got lucky, puck over the glass, made a change. Couldn't keep DD away from Parise & Holik.

Can't complain about AK tonight, working hard with everyone he was with...Eller also some nice touches...Plecks alone in front in the 3rd, that killed me. DD has to be 'shifted' better by the coaching staff. That said he was buzzing around well tonight.

Kaberle wtf...once again negating his good puck skills with his atrocious off the puck movement, d work. Bourque some OK shifts, a lot of disappearance again. Emelin, PK good again...broken record.

That pp in the 3rd, lots of standing around...waiting...anyone gonna move, not me, maybe you, maybe, err...

Chris Lee is *******.
they say part of the problem is that kaberle plays with a small stick. judging by his level of compete and physicality, i'd say he plays with a pair of small pucks too

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Hugo Sham

to cheer everyone up
* trademarked
http://www.happyplace.com/13075/the-...of-2011/page/5

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Pete666
Rookie User

I agree

Habs do look pathetic, right Phil?

Pete666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete666 View Post
Habs do look pathetic, right Phil?
yay more noobs.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:39 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
That's what gets me. DD is a fine player, very useful, but he has his limitations. Martin spent untold amounts of effort and buried Plekanec with defensive faceoffs so that he could shelter DD from defensive assignments and give him all the offensive minutes he could possibly get so that he could cut loose with what he does best.

While he was doing this, Cunneyworth was right there. Didn't they talk? How can he not have a clue?
As much as I hated watching Martin's teams, they were effective in a quasi-negative way. One of the few thinks I found about him was correctly handling DD & matchups - plus giving him our 2 biggest, most talented wingers to work with.

It's like RC has decided that DD is the #1 & will play all comers. You can see it in the faceoff circle, just not strong enough. Let him find open ice and get to the puck while Cole # Patches wreak havoc on a #2 or #3 line.

Seriously I feel RC should load up 2 lines at this point and play them a LOT, DD's line and Eller-AK-Bourque. Let Leblanc play on Plecks-Gomez or Blunden if he can (& Moen when he comes back). I know the holes it would create are huge, but we are horrible and plummeting. Why not?

& make sure Plecks plays against every top line, should be obvious. & break up Gill-Diaz, nightmare. OK maybe RC is too deep into his French lessons.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:40 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
they say part of the problem is that kaberle plays with a small stick. judging by his level of compete and physicality, i'd say he plays with a pair of small pucks too
Oh yes, painfully obvious even through the hockey pants.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:41 PM
durojean

Ok

My lines until the end of the year.

Kostitsyn Eller Bourque
Cole Desharnais Pacioretty

Don't care about the rest.

Kaberle Gorges
Subban Gill
Emelin Diaz/Weber

Price

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Ok

My lines until the end of the year.

Kostitsyn Eller Bourque
Cole Desharnais Pacioretty

Don't care about the rest.

Kaberle Gorges
Subban Gill
Emelin Diaz/Weber

Price
To be honest, I'd split up Cole and Pacioretty.

Pacioretty Desharnais Andrei(it already worked at the begining of the season)
Bourque Plekanec Cole

Or I would call up Palushaj and give Leblanc some significant ice time.

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Bourque Plekanec Leblanc
Andrei Eller Palushaj
I don't give a **** about the 4th line

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:44 PM
durojean

Quote:

How are the two last goal Desharnais's fault. He took his player out of the play on the first goal and Price was aweful on that shot.

On the second goal Price was slow but how come no d was covering Parise...

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
How are the two last goal Desharnais's fault. He took his player out of the play on the first goal and Price was aweful on that shot.

On the second goal Price was slow but how come no d was covering Parise...
It tipped in front of him And he was slow on a cross crease off a turnover, gotta love the trolls...

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's going to be hilarious if Grigorenko busts.
Why? You're not like most of the posters on here and actually believing that the Habs would pick Grigorenko in the top 3, or even top 5? I don't see that happening...too many questions about his work habits and consistency...and he's Russian.

The Habs scouting staff won't draft players of similar value based on their position if there are too many question marks and thus better options in their minds. there is also a huge reluctance to draft a Russian player with any issues whatsoever, and Grigorenko is well known to dog it on occasion, too often if yoju ask some scouts. The KHL looms too largely if there is any adversity don the road, and heaven knows with russian players there is often adversity. So many outside influences, including agents, teams, family, media, friends, etc.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:49 PM
MathMan

Quote:
I'm not blaming DD for anything. I'm just saying that in general DD should not be getting top matchups. It leads to negative puck possession and chances against -- this is a systemic thing, not a point-a-finger-at-the-player-when-a-goal-is-scored thing. A line pivoted by Plekanec is, generally, better at keeping the puck at the other end of the ice against tough opposition -- which means Parise has less opportunity to be in the offensive zone to take a shot with no D covering him.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:51 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Why? You're not like most of the posters on here and actually believing that the Habs would pick Grigorenko in the top 3, or even top 5? I don't see that happening...too many questions about his work habits and consistency...and he's Russian.

The Habs scouting staff won't draft players of similar value based on their position if there are too many question marks and thus better options in their minds. there is also a huge reluctance to draft a Russian player with any issues whatsoever, and Grigorenko is well known to dog it on occasion, too often if yoju ask some scouts. The KHL looms too largely if there is any adversity don the road, and heaven knows with russian players there is often adversity. So many outside influences, including agents, teams, family, media, friends, etc.
I've actually heard that TT is very high on grigs. You haven't heard the same?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

yep-- habs willdraft pk's brother at no 4

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:53 PM
larek

[QUOTE=overlords;43493309]I've actually heard that TT is very high on grigs. You haven't heard the same?[/QUOTE

theywill try for grig becauseRoy wants him in montreal when hecoaches

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 10:55 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've actually heard that TT is very high on grigs. You haven't heard the same?
I have a feeling that Grigorenko will not be available when it's our turn to pick. What about Forsberg?

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:01 PM
zx81

The rest of the season will be long and boring.
While finishing 28th or 29th may be the best option it's certainly not entertaining to watch a game hoping for a loss.

The only minimal interest is to see how long Gomez streak will be.
I say he does not score another goal in a Habs uniform and that he won't return next season.

P.S.
Scott wasn't bad tonight though. Still he didn't even get a SOG.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Skarjak

I can't believe so many people are mad about this game.

It's been obvious we wouldn't make the playoffs for a looooong time. In the past few weeks, whenever we'd get a win, I'd see people excitedly talk about how they "believed". Hell, one mod kept going "We'll make the playoffs." as if it was a sure deal. To me it was just sad.

The holiday trip should have made it clear to everyone that we wouldn't make the playoffs. In my case, even before Martin got fired, I suspected we wouldn't make them, as we were consistently hovering around .500, which is just not enough.

People should have taken off the rose colored glasses a long time ago. Hockey's not a switch. These guys have, at their best, played .500 hockey. What made people believe they could suddenly go on the 10 game winning streak required to get us back into the race? You'd have people come in and mention how we needed to play like an elite team to make the playoffs, and they'd just get shouted down...

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I have a feeling that Grigorenko will not be available when it's our turn to pick. What about Forsberg?
I like all three of the bergs, I'm just not sure if they can be game breakers at the highest level, which is what we need.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
gusfring

Quote:
He's clearly in way over his head as a head coach, which would be Problem #1.
Problem #1 is the team isn't very good.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
PG should be fired and replaced by the next GM immediately. McGuire?

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 11:11 PM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

You know what the funny part is.

For the last 10 years we've all been rehashing the same crap. Horrendous asset management, teams with arguable coaching and cohesion, poorly assembled rosters with a dramatic lack of toughness which has time and time again undermined this team's effectiveness vs tougher opponents.

No let's be honest, this team has been humiliated to the core by tougher teams and is always a Bruins punch in the face away from pure disaster.

Drafting ? We draft good players that just don't function within a proper formatting, WTF IS THE POINT OF DRAFTING LOUIS LEBLANC WHEN YOU CAN'T SuPPLY SIZE ON THE ROSTER, for ****s sake you've got Plekanec, Desharnais and god knows how many more small forwards in Hamilton you're supposedly developing ...

This is Montreal, and it's been run like the ****ING Columbus Blue ****ing JAckets for the last 10 years.

But I won't go as far as to say this team needs a dumb **** like PAtrick Roy, get someone who will take 10 ****in years, draft size and speed IN THE CORRECT ****ING MEASURES

I MEAN FOR ****S SAKE, EVEN GARTH ****IN SNOW FIGURED IT OUT, AND HE'S A MORON

I mean half the grammatically handicapped acne ridden shlonks on this board have figured it out. Why can't the Habs brass ????

Maybe we're the idiots, maybe we just don't get it, maybe I don't get it.

I like GIFS

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote