HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is It A Good Idea to Fire Gauthier Now?

Old
02-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Pleky Roks

vCash: 500
As far as I'm concerned...PG hasn't done a bad job!! He's made some good deals (Eller for Halak & Bourque/Cammy trade was a win for the Habs) and when we've needed help on defence, he's addressed the need without destroying the team (Campoli, Kaberle)

I don't think the problem is PG and he could be kept around.....the only way I feel he'll get fired is if Molson wants to start from scratch and get his own GM and Coach and build his own team.....which might not be a bad thing, because the Habs need to be fixed. But all in all...I don't think you can blame too much on the negativity surrounding the Habs on PG!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I doubt it, considering that we have some people who are defending Gauthier but were also quite vocal about their hate about Gainey. So it's something beyond being homers.
Fans become emotionally disconnected when a GM is let go. The folks can detach themselves because that guy is no longer with the team. In time the same folks who defended him will then point to that same person as having been the problem. They will then defend the new guy to the death...

I'm sorry but for a lot of fans, that's how it works. I'm positive that Houle would have his defenders if he was running the team. No doubt about it.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:18 AM
m00ks

Besides two major fumbles that I don't even think he had full control over, I've had no problems with Gauthier.

1) Lost the Markov gamble. We were heading into the season with a very questionable d-corpse banking that Markov would be back early on. We're in Feb and he's still MIA. Huge implications on how the season played out.

2) Fired Martin. As if not having a #1 D was bad enough, we got rid of the one guy that's been able to mitigate Markov's absence. Still convinced this came from Molson as it was an uncharacteristic move coming from PG.

**** just hit the fan but whatever, we might get something worthwhile out of it.

Keep him there, no sense taking him out now.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Besides two major fumbles that I don't even think he had full control over, I've had no problems with Gauthier.
i guess the question is, even ignoring the blunders, what has he done as GM that can be considered a great success?

closest thing would have to be the drafts, last three drafts -while not yet conclusive, seem to have provided us with some quality talent despite no high picks.

I liked the Halak trade, but certainly wasn't a "steal".

otherwise, nothing he's done could really be considered a very strong move.

a lot of questionable decisions, a few pretty clear blunders/mistakes, and a team that is floundering close to the bottom of the league.

while it's not his fault alone, as the captain of the ship he's the one who deserves to be held accountable, and nothing he's done really speaks highly enough to challenge that, imo.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
As far as I'm concerned...PG hasn't done a bad job!! He's made some good deals (Eller for Halak & Bourque/Cammy trade was a win for the Habs) and when we've needed help on defence, he's addressed the need without destroying the team (Campoli, Kaberle)

I don't think the problem is PG and he could be kept around.....the only way I feel he'll get fired is if Molson wants to start from scratch and get his own GM and Coach and build his own team.....which might not be a bad thing, because the Habs need to be fixed. But all in all...I don't think you can blame too much on the negativity surrounding the Habs on PG!!
I think Gauthier's done a nice job overall(except mainly for the 2 mistakes m00ks detailed) but the poor team's poor record, the panic-move in firing a decent coach and replacing him with a bad one, and the craziness surrounding the club makes his position untenable.

The Habs need to bring in someone new to calm things down and someone less likely to make panic moves like firing Martin (or a panic move that the Cammalleri appeared to be at the time... though Bourque's early play is better than I had imagined it being). The team needs patience, thoughtfulness, and direction and for whatever reason that appears to have disappeared in December. Probably Gauthier trying not to get fired... which in the medium/long-term means bad news for the Habs.

I don't think now's the time to fire Gauthier (tough to find a great replacement mid-season) unless you're fine with Gainey stepping in the interim until the end of the season. The best course of action is to direct Gauthier to look into selling the free agents, maybe re-sign Kostitsyn if he can had for a couple years at slightly more than he's making, and keep the ship steady rather than creating holes everywhere.

Cunneyworth's doing a pretty good job mismanaging the bench which should help the Habs not see a huge resurgence like we've seen the Leafs do often post-lockout. Play Budaj a bit more, collect the draft pick, bring in a new GM after the season and go from there.

The Habs' goal differential shows that they're not a hopeless team (even with the PP being abysmal). The core of the team is looking promising with a very good first defense pairing, a good goalie, and a decent group of forwards. Suck for the rest of the year like Philly did, make a few changes in the summer, and the team should be fun to watch next season unless everything goes wrong again.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Shadyone33

It's probably been said, but I say keep him until the end of the year. I don't expect things to get better. Then turf him as soon as the season is done and get on hiring a new GM quick to devise a draft strategy.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:37 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i guess the question is, even ignoring the blunders, what has he done as GM that can be considered a great success?

closest thing would have to be the drafts, last three drafts -while not yet conclusive, seem to have provided us with some quality talent despite no high picks.

a lot of questionable decisions, a few pretty clear blunders/mistakes, and a team that is floundering close to the bottom of the league.

while it's not his fault alone, as the captain of the ship he's the one who deserves to be held accountable, and nothing he's done really speaks highly enough to challenge that, imo.
And those are? I want to finally hear about these terrible moves where PG threw away great picks or amazing prospects for nothing. People here act like the guy is Milbury throwing elite players to the wind when he has gotten fair value or better in all of his trades. So go on and tell me, this should be rich.

Quote:

1) Lost the Markov gamble. We were heading into the season with a very questionable d-corpse banking that Markov would be back early on. We're in Feb and he's still MIA. Huge implications on how the season played out.

2) Fired Martin. As if not having a #1 D was bad enough, we got rid of the one guy that's been able to mitigate Markov's absence. Still convinced this came from Molson as it was an uncharacteristic move coming from PG.

**** just hit the fan but whatever, we might get something worthwhile out of it.

Keep him there, no sense taking him out now.
1) I guess had the doctors came to you and told you Markov would be ready you would have said "**** that, Chloe from the psychic hotline said that ***** is done for the year" and magically found another top pairing dman. He had no choice here, losing the best player we have had for probably 10 years was not an option.

2) Really? Martin was not the solution and could have easily been the cause of a lot of our problems. Turning Subban into a complete non threat, killing the powerplay and draining whatever life there was out of the offense. Oh geez I sure miss that style of hockey where we got off to the worse start the habs had in 70 years, he was our meal ticket alright.

Last edited by OneSharpMarble: 02-03-2012 at 01:45 AM.
OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

I pretty much agree. I thought he'd a decent but not spectacular job heading into the season, mainly doing good caretaking work by picking up good support players and not doing anything rash.

Markov was completely forgivable, I don't see how you could have not resigned him although if I was in the drivers seat I might have pursued retaining Wizniewski much harder (not that I'd match his contract). The schizophrenic trading for a PP solution in Kaberle (which the coach seemed to be calling for) followed by dumping the coach and the wrong time for the wrong replacement put him on thin ice in my books. He'd gone from slow and methodical to failing about without a plan or direction, which is a pretty good sign that a GM should be replaced. His track recorded isn't strong enough to give him anymore rope.

I am worried that this is meddling ownership rather than the GM which caused the about face. That would be much worse and tends to last much longer and do more permanent damage.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Habs

This season has everything to do with Timmins, not Gauthier. Only Timmins knows the prospects that will be discussed in trades that could come our way. Matter of fact, most GM's are overrated , they are nothing without the advice of their team scouts.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:03 AM
m00ks

Quote:

I believe in accountability and I do hold him responsible to how the season turned out with regards to the Markov fiasco. He took a massive chance and it blew up in his face. That said, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say that I'd have taken the same gamble on Markov, albeit with perhaps a little more insurance.

I really liked the Halak trade considering the goalie market. However, I do think we'd have to wait for Eller to fully develop before we can fully appreciate the quality of the trade.

I thought the Wiz trade was a saavy one, picking him up early and avoiding a bidding war.

The Cole signing was phenomenal, that goes without saying.

Overall, I like him as a GM because he's pro-active, identifies the needs and isn't afraid to pull the trigger. Other the Markov gamble, his player transactions haven't really set us back in any way. In fact, in his tenure, we've gotten deeper in talent (at least on paper) and bigger in size, which were big issues that needed to be addressed.

I always thought he could tinker this team into a long term contender which is why I'm not so eager to throw him under the bus even after this terrible season. Just a bad beat imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
1) I guess had the doctors came to you and told you Markov would be ready you would have said "**** that, Chloe from the psychic hotline said that ***** is done for the year" and magically found another top pairing dman. He had no choice here, losing the best player we have had for probably 10 years was not an option.

2) Really? Martin was not the solution and could have easily been the cause of a lot of our problems. Turning Subban into a complete non threat, killing the powerplay and draining whatever life there was out of the offense. Oh geez I sure miss that style of hockey where we got off to the worse start the habs had in 70 years, he was our meal ticket alright.
1) You read me wrong, there was no way I was letting Markov go.

2) Maybe not the ultimate solution but Martin sure as hell wasn't the problem. We spiraled into a lottery pick team at the time of his firing. At least for this year, we were better with Martin than without. Standings pretty much confirms it.

Last edited by m00ks: 02-03-2012 at 02:08 AM.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:16 AM
larek

Molsons needs to do what they should have once they had an agreement to buy the Habs
bring in a fresh clean management --molsons needed to lookstrong incharge -they didnt
and enough of the hiding weird managers- itgives a goofy look to the team- habs need a smart gm who can communicate well with people same goes with the coaching staff has to be a new one picked by the new gm- atleast it will give the fans an impression that a new fresh way is coming--

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I pretty much agree. I thought he'd a decent but not spectacular job heading into the season, mainly doing good caretaking work by picking up good support players and not doing anything rash.

Markov was completely forgivable, I don't see how you could have not resigned him although if I was in the drivers seat I might have pursued retaining Wizniewski much harder (not that I'd match his contract). The schizophrenic trading for a PP solution in Kaberle (which the coach seemed to be calling for) followed by dumping the coach and the wrong time for the wrong replacement put him on thin ice in my books. He'd gone from slow and methodical to failing about without a plan or direction, which is a pretty good sign that a GM should be replaced. His track recorded isn't strong enough to give him anymore rope.

I am worried that this is meddling ownership rather than the GM which caused the about face. That would be much worse and tends to last much longer and do more permanent damage.
to your last point, imo the kind of GM you need to have is the kind that wouldn't stand for such meddling from ownership...

of course there is the boss/employee relationship, and to a degree a GM needs to make his boss happy, but ultimately a strong manager will walk, or stand his ground at the risk of being fired (a la Neil Smith/Islanders) as opposed to preside over a forced direction he doesn't believe in.

until this year, the moves were small enough as to fit a "staying the course" vision/plan. I was a bit worried about said direction, but likewise was willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

His flip-flopping and puzzling moves this year, imo, reflect that there was no clear plan/vision in the first place. he strikes me more as a "survivor" then as a guy with the conviction or "chutzpah" to have a plan and stick with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
This season has everything to do with Timmins, not Gauthier. Only Timmins knows the prospects that will be discussed in trades that could come our way. Matter of fact, most GM's are overrated , they are nothing without the advice of their team scouts.
disagree... best GM's make sure to surround themselves with best staff, and listen to them. That's what any good "manager" does.

it's not about being an expert in any one area, it's about being smart enough to recognize talented experts in various fields, bring them together, and ensure they remain committed to a shared/common vision/objective.

Quote:
I believe in accountability and I do hold him responsible to how the season turned out with regards to the Markov fiasco. He took a massive chance and it blew up in his face. That said, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say that I'd have taken the same gamble on Markov, albeit with perhaps a little more insurance.

I really liked the Halak trade considering the goalie market. However, I do think we'd have to wait for Eller to fully develop before we can fully appreciate the quality of the trade.

I thought the Wiz trade was a saavy one, picking him up early and avoiding a bidding war.

The Cole signing was phenomenal, that goes without saying.

Overall, I like him as a GM because he's pro-active, identifies the needs and isn't afraid to pull the trigger. Other the Markov gamble, his player transactions haven't really set us back in any way. In fact, in his tenure, we've gotten deeper in talent (at least on paper) and bigger in size, which were big issues that needed to be addressed.

I always thought he could tinker this team into a long term contender which is why I'm not so eager to throw him under the bus even after this terrible season. Just a bad beat imo.
- markov signing wasn't a problem... misinformation (or, worse, the mistakes about his potential return) is, as is being "forced" into trading for a 4.25M$ dud in a failed attempt to replace him

- halak trade, imo, was fine, but not properly establishing his potential value (by not shopping him league-wide) was a mistake

- Cole has been great, concern at the time (which remains) is how it will look in year 3-4 of the deal. Just as we need to give the Halak/Eller swap some time to really know how it works out for us, Cole signing won't be a "win" just b/c he has a very good first season individually (especially since the team is on pace for its worst finish in decades).

i don't know that "pro-active" is how I'd describe him... more like "reactive"... which wouldn't be so bad if his reactions followed some sort of logic or pointed to some kind of plan or vision.

best that can be said about his moves is that he does seem to be trying to gradually address the physical makeup of the roster (moving away from the "all-smurf" lineup assembled under Gainey's watch... with his input mind you), but overall his decision making when it comes to both on-ice and off-ice management remains highly dubious imo.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:14 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Man, as much as I want Gauthier gone, I don't think it's a good idea to fire him now. Hear me out.

We're 24 days away from the trade deadline. Let's say Molson starts making calls tomorrow to set up interviews. there are about a dozen candidates. That would take a week or two to interview all of them once. So that cuts the 24 to 10 days. Molson announces the new GM and he takes over. It's gonna take him at least a few weeks to know who to keep and who to trade. Either that or listen to the reports of Cunneyworth, Gauthier, Carriere, Ladouceur & Gainey - all people on their way out and do you really want to take the advice of people who screwed up so badly?

We don't have the time. My guts tell me Gauthier is staying at least until after the trade deadline.
I would fire him now or put restraints on his trades. Just so he can't trade our future in desperate attempt to have good last 30 games and save his job

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 06:47 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Yes, but only if the team is to put Gilmore in charge.
Happy Gilmore ?

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:01 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
will he even have enough time to do both tasks? My biggest fear is that if Gauthier goes, Timmins goes as well.
And that's my biggest fear in general.

It's obvious we can't get a GM in place for the dealine. If I were Molson and had decided to unload Gauthier, I would perform my due diligence between now and March first. I would hire my new GM then.

I want to give him a month or two to evaluate the team and the organization. I don't want a new GM making decisions on half baked impressions.

There are many posters here who follow the Habs religiously who want Timmins gone because they're under the impression that he has failed when in truth he has been one of the best head scouts in the league. Many posters feel the same about Andrei K & Moen.

Now I know GMs are SUPPOSE to be brighter than the average fan but Gauthier & Milbury show us that's not always the case. So I don't want the new GM to make Milbury moves.

If Molson is going to make a switch I hope he gets the new GM into his office by early March.

Last edited by onice: 02-03-2012 at 08:08 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
I would fire him now or put restraints on his trades. Just so he can't trade our future in desperate attempt to have good last 30 games and save his job

Yeah cause trading away the future once the team is eliminated would definitely get him an extension.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

His flip-flopping and puzzling moves this year, imo, reflect that there was no clear plan/vision in the first place. he strikes me more as a "survivor" then as a guy with the conviction or "chutzpah" to have a plan and stick with it.

- markov signing wasn't a problem... misinformation (or, worse, the mistakes about his potential return) is, as is being "forced" into trading for a 4.25M$ dud in a failed attempt to replace him

- halak trade, imo, was fine, but not properly establishing his potential value (by not shopping him league-wide) was a mistake

- Cole has been great, concern at the time (which remains) is how it will look in year 3-4 of the deal. Just as we need to give the Halak/Eller swap some time to really know how it works out for us, Cole signing won't be a "win" just b/c he has a very good first season individually (especially since the team is on pace for its worst finish in decades).

i don't know that "pro-active" is how I'd describe him... more like "reactive"... which wouldn't be so bad if his reactions followed some sort of logic or pointed to some kind of plan or vision.
GM's have no choice but to react to how the team does and where the issues are.

Yes you have to have a plan, but it has to be flexible enough that you can adapt it to your current situation. At times you have to make moves because player X is not ready or producing or player Y is out for the year.

I don't know any GM's that put the team on the ice in October and sit on their hands until the draft.

The whole "didn't shop Halak" thing sounds like BS. Every GM in the NHL knew we had 2 RFA goalies that wanted to be #1's. Trade discussions are ongoing in the NHL GM's talk to each other at least a couple times a month and in total I'm sure each GM talks to others 100 or more times in a month. They know who is or isn't available and informal trade talks happen all the time. I would bet my house that Gauthier had talks about deals for both goalies at the deadline and earlier in the year.

People on here take some random tweet that GM X had no clue player Y was available and think that Gauthier only negotiated with one team. Maybe GM X told Gauthier he was happy with his goaltending, or he had Lundquist or Thomas as a starter.

Old
02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
HeShootsHeScores

"Yeah...hmmmm...we might not make the playoffs after all"

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
I think Gauthier's done a nice job overall(except mainly for the 2 mistakes m00ks detailed) but the poor team's poor record, the panic-move in firing a decent coach and replacing him with a bad one, and the craziness surrounding the club makes his position untenable.

The Habs need to bring in someone new to calm things down and someone less likely to make panic moves like firing Martin (or a panic move that the Cammalleri appeared to be at the time... though Bourque's early play is better than I had imagined it being). The team needs patience, thoughtfulness, and direction and for whatever reason that appears to have disappeared in December. Probably Gauthier trying not to get fired... which in the medium/long-term means bad news for the Habs.

I don't think now's the time to fire Gauthier (tough to find a great replacement mid-season) unless you're fine with Gainey stepping in the interim until the end of the season. The best course of action is to direct Gauthier to look into selling the free agents, maybe re-sign Kostitsyn if he can had for a couple years at slightly more than he's making, and keep the ship steady rather than creating holes everywhere.

Cunneyworth's doing a pretty good job mismanaging the bench which should help the Habs not see a huge resurgence like we've seen the Leafs do often post-lockout. Play Budaj a bit more, collect the draft pick, bring in a new GM after the season and go from there.

The Habs' goal differential shows that they're not a hopeless team (even with the PP being abysmal). The core of the team is looking promising with a very good first defense pairing, a good goalie, and a decent group of forwards. Suck for the rest of the year like Philly did, make a few changes in the summer, and the team should be fun to watch next season unless everything goes wrong again.
He didn't. Gauthier was behind a lot of moves when Gainey was away because of his daughter's death. When Gainey left, he made more mistakes. Replacing Martin with a guy who didn't have any kind of prior experience as an head coach, in the toughest hockey market on the plane, was dumb, plain dumb. The mess you're seeing, right now, was made by an architect named Gauthier. A GM, like the coach, should be judge based on results. You're 14th overall in the conference and, quite frankly, i don't remember seeing a Montreal team in a total disarray as they are this year. No, no no. Gauthier is a MAJOR part of the problem. He's not even close to be a part of the solution.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

"The Montreal Canadiens are proud to announce the trade of Mister Cammalleri back to Montreal in Return Calgary will get Mister Bourque back and Montreal's 1st round pick in the 2012 Draft"

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
He didn't. Gauthier was behind a lot of moves when Gainey was away because of his daughter's death. When Gainey left, he made more mistakes. Replacing Martin with a guy who didn't have any kind of prior experience as an head coach, in the toughest hockey market on the plane, was dumb, plain dumb. The mess you're seeing, right now, was made by an architect named Gauthier. A GM, like the coach, should be judge based on results. You're 14th overall in the conference and, quite frankly, i don't remember seeing a Montreal team in a total disarray as they are this year. No, no no. Gauthier is a MAJOR part of the problem. He's not even close to be a part of the solution.
So what do you propose as a coach midseason?

Most of the best candidates probably won't come midseason. Cunneyworth has been coaching AHL for like 6-7 years. Just 2 years ago people wanted to let Martin go and promote Boucher, why is that any different?

Old
02-03-2012, 08:52 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

I got no real big problem with Gauthier's trading ability. Could find some fault but no more than most other GMs. But I think he poorly prepared his team for this season. Never had enough offense from his blueline. Which affecting his powerplay and ability to move the puck. No 4th line, had to use Plekanec for many defensive situations thus negating some of his offensive value. I think he never had enough respect for size and strenght. But agree he has evolved somewhat on this particular scenario. With the signing of Cole and trading for Bourque and Blunden. Then timing of some of his moves has turned the team into a circus. Overall, Gauthier is not a good GM and needs to be replaced. Might as well do it now and have an interim run the team until the off season

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Ginu

Gauthier should be fired but he won't because of Molson. Money talks. He only fired Jacques Martin because Randy Cunneyworth was already in the organization. Molson isn't going to spend the dough to bring in a new guy. If he fires Gauthier, the only option for him is to promote Martin to GM. If you want to point fingers, Molson's your problem.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
So what do you propose as a coach midseason?

Most of the best candidates probably won't come midseason. Cunneyworth has been coaching AHL for like 6-7 years. Just 2 years ago people wanted to let Martin go and promote Boucher, why is that any different?
It become to evaluation, i guess. The setup of this team was flawed, from the get go, IMHO. I'm not sure that Martin was the problem and quite frankly, if you're about to change the coach mid-season you need to be 100% sure that you will upgrade the position. There's no way Cunneyworth, good as he was in the AHL, could have been consider as an upgrade to Martin. If the system is/was the problem, then you can't go with Cunneyworth and think that the situation will improve. He was the assistant-coach under Martin which mean that he was in agreement with the system is place. Did you see a lot of improvements, system wise, since Cunneyworth took the team? To these eyes, the answer is no. Honestly, I would have stay pat with the coaching position but made a move on the GM to have a fresh assessment on the state on the team. Then, you start the cleanup and fire the coach in the off-season. By doing so, it give you more time to select the kind of coach you need for the new direction that the team is heading to.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Beakermania*

I'd have a tight leash on PG and let him ride out the trade deadline. He wouldn't be allowed to move young assets though... just dump our UFAs for picks.

Then I'd let him go at the end of the year, and bring in a new candidate then.

We need the best candidate, and many of the guys on the list that we'll want to interview are assistant GMs who we won't be able to talk to until after their teams are eliminated.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote