HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks unite!

Old
02-03-2012, 01:05 AM
omnm*

vCash: 500
Canucks unite!

I am honestly tired of some of you expecting penalties every time a trip or slash is done. Hockey should be won on 5vs5 not on a power play I wish they called all games like this. Some of you are unbearable. We need to learn to never rely on power plays to win. Sure you guys will call me an idiot but I think power plays ruin the excitement of the game. So please Canuck fans can we tone it down with the entitlement

omnm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnovember View Post
I am honestly tired of some of you expecting penalties every time a trip or slash is done. Hockey should be won on 5vs5 not on a power play I wish they called all games like this. Some of you are unbearable. We need to learn to never rely on power plays to win. Sure you guys will call me an idiot but I think power plays ruin the excitement of the game. So please Canuck fans can we tone it down with the entitlement
It'd be fine if they called it evenly for both teams. Watching Detroit get pp's for every little thing while getting away with murder is frustrating. But yes, being better at 5v5 has never been bad for a team.

Samzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:08 AM
ProstheticConscience
Uber-Koenig

How dare we expect penalties to be called on infractions!

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

i honestly tired of people defending this ******** reffing

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Petey Cee
EHM IS BACK

That's fine... just make it consistent every game so teams know what to expect.

Petey Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Transom Bob

Quote:
Calling some of us unbearable and then asking us to unite is kinda bipolar.

Transom Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:38 AM
flack

Quote:
Nono...we are not complaining that penalties are not being called for us, we are complaining because other teams get the penalties that we don't get the calls for. It is comparably unfair for us. Also the ratio of amount of penalties between the two teams being called is very unfair for us. If you limit penalties for one team you better damn well do it for the other equally. It is not like we were gooning it up or anything.

flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Sayonara77
Badassian

vCash: 550
Given the fact we have zero power play opportunities the past few games or so where obvious calls need to be made, you have to expect the majority of fans to be complaining.

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 01:46 AM
HockeyRX

what if kesler was going to score on that rush where he was tripped? infractions take away possible scoring chances. if called the same for both teams then yeah it's fine. regardless, canucks lost today against the wings because they didn't show up first two periods not because of non-calls. they were lucky to get one point in the end.

edit: the fans can complain because they PAY A LOT to go see a good game. if they think the reffing is going against their team they have a right to jeer.

in my opinion, the refs try their best to make the correct call because they are regulated. if a ref keeps messing up, eventually he will lose his job or ref less games.

HockeyRX is offline   Reply With Quote