HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'11/'12: Leafs Trade Rumors/Proposals: Trades a comin? You bet !!

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Kane not a chance he's available imo. Stewart MAYBE. He's not exactly producing the way St.Louis expected him to so If it was a good offer I could see them taking it. I expect it would cost something like Kulemin+.
From the Rumors I've seen, St.Louis is looking for a top 4 defenseman to help shelter some of the younger guys in the playoffs. Probably a forward aswell.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
From the Rumors I've seen, St.Louis is looking for a top 4 defenseman to help shelter some of the younger guys in the playoffs. Probably a forward aswell.
Ah I see. Unfortunately I dont believe we have a dman that fits that description that we can afford to give up.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Ah I see. Unfortunately I dont believe we have a dman that fits that description that we can afford to give up.
Komisarek.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:40 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Komisarek.
lol that'd be awesome

Old
02-03-2012, 02:42 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Actually, in theory, a physical guy like Komi is exactly what they might want for the playoffs. Not saying it would happen, but not out of the realm either, considering how people perceive the playoff style.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:44 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
Re: Kadri

I've already waved goodbye to him.
When are you leaving?

Old
02-03-2012, 02:45 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Actually, in theory, a physical guy like Komi is exactly what they might want for the playoffs. Not saying it would happen, but not out of the realm either, considering how people perceive the playoff style.
Komisarek has been steady in the playoffs before but that price tag, ouch...I mean you really have to be short on options to pay that man that money for those services. 3-3.5 is more reasonable considering Kabs had a value of 4.25 and joined a club needing PP D, which he brought.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I really wish Komi was on the last year of his contract, or at most had 1 year left because then I could see it being more realistic. I suppose it's not completely impossible, but I see them going after a guy more like Gill or Sutton and hanging on to Stewart.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:52 PM
thewave

Quote:
I really wish Komi was on the last year of his contract, or at most had 1 year left because then I could see it being more realistic. I suppose it's not completely impossible, but I see them going after a guy more like Gill or Sutton and hanging on to Stewart.
We did get rid of François Beauchemin.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
St Louis has 10 million in cap space, Komi only has two more years, it is getting less cumbersome to move. Just saying, but a player like him fills their need for an experienced, stay at home D man.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
I still miss those breakout passes where the puck who go wizzing by the forwards face, man those were priceless.

Old
02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
We didn't really get what we were hoping for out of Beauch, but Komisarek has been much more of a disappointment imo. Beauch also only had 1.5 yrs left on his deal vs. Komi's 2.5. Another factor is Beauch had success in the past in Anaheim and they were desperate for a dman so it was a great fit. Komi had past success in Montreal but I cant really see them taking him back. Unless we want Gomez

Then again their gm is Gauthier... Komi for Pacioretty!

Old
02-03-2012, 03:02 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
St Louis has 10 million in cap space, Komi only has two more years, it is getting less cumbersome to move. Just saying, but a player like him fills their need for an experienced, stay at home D man.
I think it will really depend on the asking price of other dmen at the draft or even how many are available. I feel Gill would be a perfect fit for them.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Just for conversation, would you do it?

Chris Stewart, Ty Rattie for Schenn and Kadri.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post

heck no.

02-03-2012, 03:17 PM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

Quote:
So your saying someone that knew someone during highschool wasn't a mature character?

My stars, what has the world come to?
And taking an ex girlfriend and her friends word for anything. That's the most hilarious part.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:17 PM
topched

Quote:

No way.

Stewart is feeding off the fumes of one very good year, and since then he's looking like nothing more than a good second liner.

Kadri has shown flashes of brilliance that would lead me to believe he'll be able to put up 50-60 points in his career with regularity.

You're also giving up Schenn who hasn't matured fully yet, and will only get better with age as most young defenseman do.

We also have lots of depth on the wings.

Rattie looks good, but still a Q as much as any other player this early.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Donato
#BarSouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
And taking an ex girlfriend and her friends word for anything. That's the most hilarious part.
These people are people who know him personally, its info that i found out.. wether you believe it or not is on you..

wanna hear something more hilarious, how people love to believe the eyes of the biased,twisted media rather than a source it self
ie. Jeff Carter.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:21 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
heck no.
We know Burke had a few interviews with Rattie at the draft. I figured he was gonna be a leaf for sure. But now I wish he was. His stats are phenomenal right now.

48 gms 42g 44a 86pts 50pims

Schenn would be great under a Hitchcock system. Kadri will still be a top 6 player.

Stewart was near PPG last year. And I think Kadri and Rattie are close to equal in value.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Dayjobdave

Quote:
Yes, but we had to take on an over-inflated salary and an unproven college kid just to get a 4th round pick for him, so I wouldn't be all that excited about it.

Hopefully Komisarek would get us a more substantial return.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
LeaffanDM

"yeah i know the guy who knows the guy who sees Kadri's dentist", Shuuuuuddduup you dont know ****.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:27 PM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
These people are people who know him personally, its info that i found out.. wether you believe it or not is on you..

wanna hear something more hilarious, how people love to believe the eyes of the biased,twisted media rather than a source it self
ie. Jeff Carter.
So you don't think some info wouldn't have been slandered by a person left behind by someone who is getting closer and closer to becoming a fixture on one of the biggest hockey markets in North America?

Old
02-03-2012, 03:28 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:

ie. Jeff Carter.
I'll tell you something I do know for a FACT: people grow up. maturation isn't done at 18, 20, or even 25.

The older you get, the more you realize that. I don't care if Kadri is an ******** to some highschool girlfriend. As long as he takes his NHL career seriously. He has legit NHL talent. He needs (and is) to learn to grow as a player.

Lindros was a jack-ass. So was Thornton. Both known to treat women terribly at one point in their lives. I'm sure they regret it today and I'd take either in their prime (primadonna) over any 5 players on our roster right now.

Old
02-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
at least I've talked to one of them personally.
So they're estranged?

Who gives a ****?? Other than you of course.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but how does this affect his status with the Leafs in any way, shape, or form??

Old
02-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Donato
#BarSouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
So you don't think some info wouldn't have been slandered by a person left behind by someone who is getting closer and closer to becoming a fixture on one of the biggest hockey markets in North America?
i understand where you're coming from on that point, but I'm just telling you what i heard, how he was perceived as arrogant, cocky, and a trouble maker.

if one media source would say this, it would be all over the main leafs board though.. Ie. Jeff Carter situation...

Closed Thread