HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Palushaj sent down (Feb. 6)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
  #101
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Tangradi hasn't shown anything that impresses me yet at the NHL level. He's hardly done anything note-worthy at the AHL level.

If that's all Kostitsyn fetches, give him his 3.5-3.75M a year to stay here and be done with it.
To put that in context, Palushaj out performs him and is a younger player from the same draft year. How happy would you be about trading a Kostitsyn for Palushaj?

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
  #102
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Kostitsyn+Gill for Dupres?

Do it?

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
  #103
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
Kostitsyn+Gill for Dupres?

Do it?
Absolutely NOT.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:43 PM
  #104
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post


You should say that more often about Schultz.

I am not disagreeing with you. All I am saying is that Engqvist and Palushaj are not NHL ready either. And they keep showing up. Schultz needs a taste of the NHL as well. Hell, he could surprise us. Never will know if he does not get a chance.
My big problem is that Shultz has been absolute crap in the AHL until about a month ago. Its only in the last month that he's started to show any progress in his game. I don't think you pull a guy up in such a situation, he needs to stay where he is and hopefully keep this good stretch going for a lot longer period of time.

Only recently has he started playing with the confidence he needs. I don't bring him up into a situation he isn't ready to handle and destroy that confidence today.

It doesnt make sense.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:43 PM
  #105
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Absolutely NOT.
sorry - Depres (and say, 3rd, 2012?)

Yes, I am bored!

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
  #106
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
To put that in context, Palushaj out performs him and is a younger player from the same draft year. How happy would you be about trading a Kostitsyn for Palushaj?
Tangradi is probably one of the most overrated prospects here on HF the past 2 seasons. Never understood the hype, he's been hyped as one of Pittsburgh's best prospects simply because for years their prospect pool has been shallow seeing as how most of their prospects started right in the NHL 4-5 years ago.

He's like having a decent looking girl surrounded by a bunch of grenades, all of a sudden she looks like a 10.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:50 PM
  #107
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
Kostitsyn+Gill for Dupres?

Do it?
i doubt the pens would do that imo.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:51 PM
  #108
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
My big problem is that Shultz has been absolute crap in the AHL until about a month ago. Its only in the last month that he's started to show any progress in his game. I don't think you pull a guy up in such a situation, he needs to stay where he is and hopefully keep this good stretch going for a lot longer period of time.

Only recently has he started playing with the confidence he needs. I don't bring him up into a situation he isn't ready to handle and destroy that confidence today.

It doesnt make sense.
He was injured for part of the season.

If you bring up Engqvist or Palushaj, Schultz is deserving of a shot. He will not be expected to score goals playing on the 4th line in Montreal. He will be expected to hit every skater on the other team who has the puck and drop the gloves if needed.

Confidence is all about the expectations placed upon you.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:58 PM
  #109
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
He was injured for part of the season.

If you bring up Engqvist or Palushaj, Schultz is deserving of a shot. He will not be expected to score goals playing on the 4th line in Montreal. He will be expected to hit every skater on the other team who has the puck and drop the gloves if needed.

Confidence is all about the expectations placed upon you.
I dont think its that easy. I think he'd end up being a major liability defensively, something that Engqvist and Palushaj are not.

Shultz just doesn't think the game fast enough, yet... He wont be able to follow the play at the speed of NHL hockey. He'll be out of position and burned all night.

I'm not saying he'll never get there, just that he's still got a lot of work to do.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:07 PM
  #110
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
I dont think its that easy. I think he'd end up being a major liability defensively, something that Engqvist and Palushaj are not.

Shultz just doesn't think the game fast enough, yet... He wont be able to follow the play at the speed of NHL hockey. He'll be out of position and burned all night.

I'm not saying he'll never get there, just that he's still got a lot of work to do.
BTW, it's Schultz.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 10:04 PM
  #111
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Last year Vancouver wasn't tough enough to beat the Bruins. During the summer, Gillis signed Byron Bitz (recall today), Steve Pinizzoto, gave a try-out to Todd Fedoruk, traded for Mike Duco, claim Dale Weise off waivers and make room for Aaron Volpatti who was a permanent 4th line player before his injury. Their 4th line is Weise - Lapierre - Volpatti. Jeff Tambellini has more ''skills'' than those players, but he is completely useless on a 4th line.

And believe it or not, the Canucks are still a great team this year Their GM got it. But here in Montreal we are fine...

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:59 AM
  #112
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,924
vCash: 1707
im getting a headache just trying to understand the lengths people will go to equal toughness with skills. to the point where i can't even wrap my head around the logic needed to bring up henry, alex ****ing henry, in a conversation about the NHL.

henry? ARE YOU ******** ME???? you talk about henry being in the nhl and you shouldn't be allowed to post on a hockey board

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:09 AM
  #113
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
BTW, it's Schultz.
Trust me he has never seen him play and is only relying on Hockeydb.

Another HF poster just blowing crap around this board.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:59 AM
  #114
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,023
vCash: 500
For the love of god, give the kid a chance on a semi-offensive line.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:16 PM
  #115
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Trust me he has never seen him play and is only relying on Hockeydb.

Another HF poster just blowing crap around this board.
I live near Hamilton and regularly go to Bulldogs games, so I think you have no idea what you are talking about.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
  #116
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Trust me he has never seen him play and is only relying on Hockeydb.

Another HF poster just blowing crap around this board.
Kinda like when you disagreed with me about Schultz and Conboy, but then Montreal/Dan came in and backed up everything I said, right?

Commandant is a good poster. Don't disrespect him by calling him out like that without reason.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:40 PM
  #117
Sandvich
VERY NICE
 
Sandvich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Kinda like when you disagreed with me about Schultz and Conboy, but then Montreal/Dan came in and backed up everything I said, right?

Commandant is a good poster. Don't disrespect him by calling him out like that without reason.
May i get an infraction please ?

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:44 PM
  #118
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,184
vCash: 500
i liked what I saw from Palushaj in his limited minutes tonight...


hope we make enough room in the lineup btw now/deadline that he can get a regular spot in the lineup for the rest of the season.


no illusion that he's going to step in and be a consistent quality player, but I'd like to see him get 20-25 games to close out the year in a top 9 role getting 15-18min/night... let him do some "on the job" learning and give the team a better idea of where/if he might slot in next year.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
  #119
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i liked what I saw from Palushaj in his limited minutes tonight...


hope we make enough room in the lineup btw now/deadline that he can get a regular spot in the lineup for the rest of the season.


no illusion that he's going to step in and be a consistent quality player, but I'd like to see him get 20-25 games to close out the year in a top 9 role getting 15-18min/night... let him do some "on the job" learning and give the team a better idea of where/if he might slot in next year.
Agreed 100%... Palushaj and Engqvist both need to be up here and getting quality minutes as their waiver eligibility is gone next year.

I also thought Palushaj was one of our best forwards tonight, even with the limited minutes. Should have given him more.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
  #120
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,159
vCash: 500
January 28, 2012




We could use this in Montreal........

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
  #121
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We could use this in Montreal........
If his play on the ice continues to progress, he might be ready to provide it in approximately 1 years time.

He's 21, patience, and let him continue to learn....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 12:58 AM
  #122
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
January 28, 2012




We could use this in Montreal........
Nah. They'd rather play Mathieu "speaks French" Darche who adds nothing.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:53 PM
  #123
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Palushaj first NHL point.... (as soon as the goal is changed to Patches).

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:14 PM
  #124
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Palushaj first NHL point.... (as soon as the goal is changed to Patches).
nice to see his hustle/intensity through first 2 games of recent call up "rewarded" so quickly.

glad that he's getting a bit more regular shifts tonight, hopefully RC continues to give him and leblanc more ice time as the season progresses.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:49 PM
  #125
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,513
vCash: 500
About time he's given decent ice time and put on an offensive line, he's looking very solid today.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.