HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Official Superbowl thread

Old
02-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Brady is one of the best QB ever.

Eli is an elite QB. I'm so happy he finally get appreciated. I became a fan of him right after he got drafted, because of all the **** that was said about him (about both the person and the player). I don't think any player got as much criticism than him in his career, even after his 1st superbowl victory.
I remember in his second year as starter, people were ripping into him because of Rex Grossman.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Mynameismark*

I'm very happy the Giants won!

Having said that, some of you guys are so ridiculous. It's a team sport! It's not Eli vs Brady. It's the Pats vs the Gmen. Brady didnt allow Manningham to catch that ball, the pats D did and Manningham made an incredible play. Brady threw some balls to his receivers who didnt haul it in, they weren't clutch. Brady has amazing numbers with really no great Wideouts.

I hate it when guys claim a player is better than another because of how they win a title or how many titles they won.

Is esa tikkanen better than Mario Lemeiux because he has more championships? Nah dudes.

Guys like Brady and Peyton could win titles playing on a team like the Giants as well.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Maliki2

I'm no fan of either team but loved that the Pats failed! Watching Bele and his scowl at the end was worth the price of admission!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
This is so wrong yet

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:21 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

I hate everything Boston so I'm happy.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Did anyone make a bet ?

yea i did, 18.5 for 25. winning!

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:49 AM
wallnerr

Please. Brady is good, however if I played behind an o-line like that and all I had to do was complete 8 yard throws to Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez I could probably come within 4 pts of a Super Bowl too. Brady hasn't won since he had a championship caliber defense. And I'll echo the point that he's never driven his team downfield for a winning TD, regardless of whether he needed to or not in the early 2000's. Before anyone brings up the Super Bowl MVP argument, in one of Brady's MVP's he went 16/27 for 145 yds and 1 TD. They awarded him MVP despite Kurt Warner putting up the second highest total passing yards in Super Bowl history. Hardly a situation where he arguably deserved the MVP award.

wallnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Too bad Brady's receivers couldn't catch a pass. A couple of critical drops tonight.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:28 AM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallnerr View Post
Please. Brady is good, however if I played behind an o-line like that and all I had to do was complete 8 yard throws to Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez I could probably come within 4 pts of a Super Bowl too. Brady hasn't won since he had a championship caliber defense. And I'll echo the point that he's never driven his team downfield for a winning TD, regardless of whether he needed to or not in the early 2000's. Before anyone brings up the Super Bowl MVP argument, in one of Brady's MVP's he went 16/27 for 145 yds and 1 TD. They awarded him MVP despite Kurt Warner putting up the second highest total passing yards in Super Bowl history. Hardly a situation where he arguably deserved the MVP award.
He'll never eclipse Montana with today's loss even if he wins another Super Bowl but he's still one of the best modern era QBs. Also in his defence he hasn't had a running game since Corey Dillon and besides Moss has never had a deep threat WR.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Too bad Brady's receivers couldn't catch a pass. A couple of critical drops tonight.
Yup Welker had to make that catch, it was game over if he did. Pats forced 2 fumbles but couldn't recover 1. Also that offside penalty late in the game giving the Giants another 3 down chance was a terrible defensive mistake don't remember the guys name now. A healthy Gronkowski would have been a totally different game

And the people saying Brady sucks are pathetic, seriously think before you post. Guy has almost all the records from a QB

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 02-06-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Yup Welker had to make that catch, it was game over if he did. Pats forced 2 fumbles but couldn't recover 1. Also that offside penalty late in the game giving the Giants another 3 down chance was a terrible defensive mistake don't remember the guys name now. A healthy Gronkowski would have been a totally different game

And the people saying Brady sucks are pathetic, seriously think before you post. Guy has almost all the records from a QB
Saying, "Brady isn't the best ever" is not the same as saying he sucks.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

Hernandez in the final quarter too. They were running the ball down the field quite nicely up until Hernandez dropped what was supposed to be a routine catch. After that, all Brady had left was two attempts at a Hail Mary.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Bud2790

Quote:

A healthy Gronk adds a whole other dimension to the Pats offense, and as you said it's a different game if he's 100%.

I think the Pats need to add a skilled, speedy WR to be even more effective on offense. They have a great duo of TE's, a great slot reciever, but no one on the outside. I guess you can say Branch is decent, but I don't think he's the type of WR they need to compliment Gronk/Hernandez/Welker. If they could add a Mike Wallace type reciever that can really stretch out the D, their O would be even better.

And to Mario Manningham

Bud2790 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Hernandez in the final quarter too. They were running the ball down the field quite nicely up until Hernandez dropped what was supposed to be a routine catch. After that, all Brady had left was two attempts at a Hail Mary.
Yup, Welker and Hernandez really uh... dropped the ball.

And I'm not saying that because I'm Brady's wife either:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...er-super-bowl/

Doh!

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:27 PM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:

Playing the 'what if' game is usually a fruitless exercise and one that is usually reserved for the losers. Suffice to say that there were missed opportunities and bad bounces on both sides. From the Giants' perspective, there were three uncalled, blatant pass interference penalties committed by the Patriots' secondary that stalled extended Giant drives. Also, when the score was 9 - 0, a seemingly relentless Giants' drive was stopped at mid-field on a very marginal holding penalty. But for that call, the Giants may well have added to their lead and placed the Patriots in a hole from which they may have never recovered from. While Welker may well have dropped a pass from Brady; Manningham, before his miraculous catch on the winning drive, wiped out a potentially, perfect Manning pass deep in the Patriots' zone by carelessly stepping out of bounds. From this writer's perspective, this was a contest between two largely even teams. But as in 2008, the Giants simply made more plays than the Patriots. Reverse those few seminal plays, Tyree's catch in 2008, Welker's drop in 2012, and we would be viewing and regarding Brady as the greatest player in the history of the game. In fact, with two more victories he would have transended the game itself. But it didn't happen. Will the two losses in what is clearly the largest stage in North American sport hurt Brady's legacy? I suspect it will. For all his statistical accomplishments and despite his previous three Super Bowl wins, at least against the Giants and his nemesis, Eli Manning , Brady was unable to lead his team to victory. A 3 and 2 record in the championship game is a somewhat less than immortal record.

That is all.

ChesterNimitz is offline   Reply With Quote