HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
The organizational depth is going to be ripped to death then. Has bad idea written all over it.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Cook24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The organizational depth is going to be ripped to death then. Has bad idea written all over it.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that. The only position that's weak is forward prospects. We have crazy depth on defense and in goal with guys like Hickey, Forbort, Deslauriers, Campbell, Jones, Zatkoff, and Muzzin. We would be improving our forward depth by dealing some of our surplus D and Goalie depth. We can afford to deal a couple of those guys or a guy on the current Kings roster.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:36 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Eklund is saying the Leafs have interest in Penner and if the Kings end up going after a bigger fish we may dump him. I don't see this happening though...I think Stoll is the only guy the Kings would dump.

Right now Dustin Brown is playing LW even though he is a right wing. Williams is a RW and Stoll is naturally a center. Penner and Clifford are the only natural LW's with Gagne hurt so we aren't deep on that position.

Hunter and Westgarth are both RW's as well, so that position is pretty deep here.

Both Lewis and Richardson have shifted from center to wing but both Lewis shoots RW and Richardson LW...

So at RW:
Brown
Williams
Hunter
Westgarth
Stoll
Lewis

LW:
Penner
Clifford
Richardson

Brown can play LW just as good --if not better-- than he plays RW.

Another reason why I like Nash is because he can play either side effectively as well.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Cook24

I was all aboard getting Nash until I just saw his cap hit of 7.8M for the next buttload of years...

Old
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Hmm! Two scoring wingers!?!?
Makes sense.

We only have two top 6 wingers right now (Williams & Brown).

The way I see it, Dean needs to add 3 wingers to the team before next season starts. We need a 1st line winger, a 2nd line winger, and a 3rd line winger (might be able to fill that spot from within).

Old
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If the Kings are to add two scoring wingers, I imagine it would be one significant acquisition that would cost a few decent assets, such as Jeff Carter.

The other would be more of a pure rental, like a Kristian Huselius, who Darryl Sutter is quite familiar with.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Cook24

Carter and Whitney plzzz

Old
02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Ollie Weeks

I'll continue to bang my drum for Carter and LaRose.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I wouldn't mind one bit if organizational depth gets spent heavily. We have a lot saved up and many core players locked up long term. Kopitar and Richards are locked, Brown and Williams are locked, Doughty and Johnson are locked, we need help now and in the immediate future. Don't blow it on rentals, get guys that will continue to help us. That's my point of view. That and ease up on defense to provide more offense. We need to be more aggressive and creative when entering the offensive zone, not dump and chase with one forward to retrieve.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 02-08-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old
02-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I want Carter. Another trade, well it depends on who it would be.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Cook24

Another rental i'd like to get for the bottom six....Adam Burish.

Tough as nails and 12 points in 36 games.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'd love to get Ray Whitney but with Phoenix in the playoff hunt, I'd be shocked if that happened.

I think Sutter's familiarity with Kristian Huselius makes it very likely that the Kings are looking at him (in addition to Carter). Ruutu would cost too much and I think another club will overpay to acquire him. Same applies for Hemsky.

I wish Colorado would entertain moving Milan Hejduk, but it's looking like he will retire with the Avalanche. Another option to consider from Colorado is David Jones, who is set to become a UFA this summer. If the Isles can't come to terms with P.A. Parenteau, he may be someone worth considering as a rental. He scored 53 points and 20 goals last season and currently has 11 goals and 43 points in 52 games.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Johnny Utah

Tuumu Ruutu. Eastern conference team. Lombardi is familiar with trading with Rutherford and Ruutu was all over us in Carolina.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Tuumu Ruutu. Eastern conference team. Lombardi is familiar with trading with Rutherford and Ruutu was all over us in Carolina.
The cost will be high and so would the contract if we decide to re-sign.

I have to tell you though. It is beyond ironic that you, over anyone else, would bring his name up. Richards is on pace for 74 games played, 22 goals, 42 points, and is like 1 point in his last 10 games played, which is what you've been harping about forever. Ruutu is on pace for 82 games played, 24 goals, 40 points, and has 1 point in his last 9 games. According to you players produce the exact same no matter the team, so what are you expecting here?

After all the crap you have been giving us on Richards, you want to go out and acquire the same player in your eyes.

Last edited by Telos: 02-08-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old
02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'd love to get Ray Whitney but with Phoenix in the playoff hunt, I'd be shocked if that happened.

I think Sutter's familiarity with Kristian Huselius makes it very likely that the Kings are looking at him (in addition to Carter). Ruutu would cost too much and I think another club will overpay to acquire him. Same applies for Hemsky.

I wish Colorado would entertain moving Milan Hejduk, but it's looking like he will retire with the Avalanche. Another option to consider from Colorado is David Jones, who is set to become a UFA this summer. If the Isles can't come to terms with P.A. Parenteau, he may be someone worth considering as a rental. He scored 53 points and 20 goals last season and currently has 11 goals and 43 points in 52 games.
Huselius has been plagued by ankle, knee and pectoral injures over the past year. He's currently on the IR. He hasn't been seen skating and he has no time table for return.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Johnny Utah

Yeah I guess.

The Kings better be careful here, gave up a 1st and Teubert and a 2nd and Schenn...not much forward depth and only really one of Hickey, Muzzin and Deslauries are ready for the NHL...Campbell has already passed through waivers a few times so anyone could've had him and Forbort is a long ways away. Neither goalie between Jones or Zatkoff has put together a full year of consistency. The best prospects are either in LA (Loktionov, Voynov) or in juniors (Toffoli, Vey, Kistyn, Andreoff) and I wouldn't deal any of those guys at all.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:41 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The cost will be high and so would the contract if we decide to re-sign.

I have to tell you though. It is beyond ironic that you, over anyone else, would bring his name up. Richards is on pace for 74 games played, 22 goals, 42 points, and is like 1 point in his last 10 games played, which is what you've been harping about forever. Ruutu is on pace for 82 games played, 24 goals, 40 points, and has 1 point in his last 9 games. According to you players produce the exact same no matter the team, so what are you expecting here?

After all the crap you have been giving us on Richards, you want to go out and acquire the same player in your eyes.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
KingsCourt

Quote:
Yeah I guess.

The Kings better be careful here, gave up a 1st and Teubert and a 2nd and Schenn...not much forward depth and only really one of Hickey, Muzzin and Deslauries are ready for the NHL...Campbell has already passed through waivers a few times so anyone could've had him and Forbort is a long ways away. Neither goalie between Jones or Zatkoff has put together a full year of consistency. The best prospects are either in LA (Loktionov, Voynov) or in juniors (Toffoli, Vey, Kistyn, Andreoff) and I wouldn't deal any of those guys at all.
Where is kistyn?

Old
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I want Nash now. I really don't care the cost or contract anymore.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt View Post
Where is kistyn?
KHL. My bad. 1 goal in 31 games.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Face Wash

Look at the last 10 SC Winners. Is there a player (or two) on those teams that you'd either consider "a star talent" or a prolific Goal Scorer? They each have one or two... the Kings don't.

Kings have a very good player in Kopitar (not a star yet, but easily could be soon), a great young goalie, a talented young defenseman in Doughty and that's it as far as upper echelon. They need a prolific guy they can count on.

They need Nash... I realize they won't overpay for him, but they should because they need him or someone prolific like him immediately or this whole thing is a waste.

Carter is close to that status IMO but as a natural C he plays a position we don't need. Like most Centers, you put them on the wing, mixed results at best.

We need Nash and I'm tired of the Cap being an excuse... CHI had cap issues, PHI had issues, PIT had issues... they dealt with them and they're still at the top of the league. Just pull the trigger and deal with the fallout later.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

The Kings need to cut the **** and just trade for a Stanley Cup. That is the only way we are going to ever see one in Staples center. Trade Doughty, Kopitar and our next 10 first rounders for the 1993 Stanley Cup from Montreal. Thanks!

Old
02-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Carter is close to that status IMO but as a natural Center a position we don't need. Like most Centers, you put them on the wing, mixed results at best.

We need Nash and I'm tired of the Cap being an excuse... CHI had cap issues, PHI had issues, PIT had issues... they dealt with them and they're still at the top of the league. Just pull the trigger and deal with the fallout later.
Agreed and just a thought, if Carter is available, how about Kopitar or Richards moves to the wing?

Old
02-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
As usual, I'm with Face Wash.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Agreed and just a thought, if Carter is available, how about Kopitar or Richards moves to the wing?
We've seen Richards on the wing, not so good. Kopitar is what we NEED at center. he's big, strong and defensively responsible.

Closed Thread