HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
scramble91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Agreed and just a thought, if Carter is available, how about Kopitar or Richards moves to the wing?
I would say that both kopitar and Richards are better playmakers and better on the d end. Carter is more of a sniper so I would rather let him float on the wing to the soft spots since he has a better shot.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Huselius has been plagued by ankle, knee and pectoral injures over the past year. He's currently on the IR. He hasn't been seen skating and he has no time table for return.
I thought he'd be returning at some point and would be like another Modin like acquisition for just future considerations, but apparently he won't be back any time soon, so we could scratch off that idea.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

While were at it, lets just go all NHL 12:

Nash and Carter for Bernier, Johnson, Brown , and a 1st

(Yes, I am joking........I think)

Old
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
We've seen Richards on the wing, not so good. Kopitar is what we NEED at center. he's big, strong and defensively responsible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
I would say that both kopitar and Richards are better playmakers and better on the d end. Carter is more of a sniper so I would rather let him float on the wing to the soft spots since he has a better shot.
Just thinking outside the bun, guys...

Old
02-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

If the "two scoring wingers" thing is true, we're likely going to throw MORE defensemen and picks at Edmonton for Hemsky as a first-line bandaid and some other depth for some oddball tweener like Ruutu or Boyes or blecch.

In other words, unless one of these guys magically clicks, we're walking down Dave Taylor street.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:17 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
If the "two scoring wingers" thing is true, we're likely going to throw MORE defensemen and picks at Edmonton for Hemsky as a first-line bandaid and some other depth for some oddball tweener like Ruutu or Boyes or blecch.

In other words, unless one of these guys magically clicks, we're walking down Dave Taylor street.
Oh it's opening time, down on Dave Taylor Street
So let's cut the conversation and get out for a bit
Because I fell it all fading, and paling
And I'm begging...to drag you down with me
And kick the last nail in

Yeah, I like you in that like I like you to scream
But if you open your mouth, then I can't be responsible for
Quite what goes in, or to care what comes out
So just pull on your hair...Just pull on your pout

And let's move to the beat, like we know that it's over
If you slip going under, slip over my shoulder
So just pull on your face...just pull on your feet
And let's hit opening time, down on Dave Taylor Street.

I mentioned previously that this is my worry...DL feeling the heat and overpaying at the deadline in the hopes this team can win him a playoff round and save his job, much like the infamous Mark Parrish deal. It's going to be interesting for sure.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
We need Nash and I'm tired of the Cap being an excuse... CHI had cap issues, PHI had issues, PIT had issues... they dealt with them and they're still at the top of the league.
They dealt with them and they are not as good as they were before. The more cap problems they had before, the bigger the difference is after the problems have been "dealt with." No surprise there.

Quote:
Just pull the trigger and deal with the fallout later.
Yeah, you can say that, because you are fan. If you were GM saying that, you would be irresponsible with such thinking.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Updated list of soon to be UFA forwards who may or may not be moved in the upcoming weeks.

Zach Parise
Shane Doan
Alex Semin
Ales Hemsky
Kristian Huselius
Tuomo Ruutu
Ray Whitney
Andrei Kostitsyn
Mikhail Grabovski
David Jones
Jiri Hudler
P.A. Parenteau

Bottom Six Options:
Paul Gaustad
Chris Kelly
Travis Moen
Jordin Tootoo
Torrey Mitchell
David Moss
Kyle Wellwood
Gregory Campbell
Adam Burish
Dominic Moore
Taylor Pyatt
Daniel Paille
Daniel Winnik
Brandon Prust
Shawn Thornton
Daniel Carcillo
Joey Crabb
Tanner Glass

Old
02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Just thinking outside the bun, guys...
If it's anyone that would play wing, it's Carter.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Johnny Utah

Ziggy I think Carcillo is hurt and gone for the year.

I would love to have Shane Doan, but I just don't see it happening.

David Jones was a healthy scratch not too long ago.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...607?source=rss

Old
02-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Ziggy I think Carcillo is hurt and gone for the year.

I would love to have Shane Doan, but I just don't see it happening.
If Phoenix is out of the chase, maybe they'll pull an Edmonton (when they dealt Smyth) and deal Doan.

I am aware that some of those names will not be moved at the deadline, but since it's a list of UFA forwards, I wanted to list all of those names as they may potentially be options the Kings may consider over the summer if they remain unsigned.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Look at the last 10 SC Winners. Is there a player (or two) on those teams that you'd either consider "a star talent" or a prolific Goal Scorer? They each have one or two... the Kings don't.

Kings have a very good player in Kopitar (not a star yet, but easily could be soon), a great young goalie, a talented young defenseman in Doughty and that's it as far as upper echelon. They need a prolific guy they can count on.

They need Nash... I realize they won't overpay for him, but they should because they need him or someone prolific like him immediately or this whole thing is a waste.

Carter is close to that status IMO but as a natural C he plays a position we don't need. Like most Centers, you put them on the wing, mixed results at best.

We need Nash and I'm tired of the Cap being an excuse... CHI had cap issues, PHI had issues, PIT had issues... they dealt with them and they're still at the top of the league. Just pull the trigger and deal with the fallout later.
Chicago is 3 points ahead of the Kings. Philadelphia has a glaring weakness. Pittsburgh has just been unlucky. The cap still matters and Dean shouldn't do something rash just for the sake of doing something.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Johnny Utah

Lombardi has to address the 2nd line RW position or the 1st line LW position. Either he gets a 2nd line RW to play with Penner and Richards or he gets a 1st line LW for Kopitar and one of Brown or Williams moves down to play with RW with Penner and Richards...he has to do AT LEAST that.

And Trent Hunter has been a huge disapointment and Fraser has been invisible since his first 5-10 games so a 4th line RW or center could be added too.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:36 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Lombardi has to address the 2nd line RW position or the 1st line LW position. Either he gets a 2nd line RW to play with Penner and Richards or he gets a 1st line LW for Kopitar and one of Brown or Williams moves down to play with RW with Penner and Richards...he has to do AT LEAST that.

And Trent Hunter has been a huge disapointment and Fraser has been invisible since his first 5-10 games so a 4th line RW or center could be added too.
If you think Colin Fraser has been invisible, you need to log off the fantasy hockey and start watching games.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Johnny Utah

In 39 games, he has 1 goal and 3 assists? Go look at most teams 4th line centers and they have better stats than that. Here are some examples.

Gregory Campbell - 6 goals, 7 assists.
Paul Gaustad - 6 goals, 8 assists.
Sammy Pahlsson - 2 goals, 8 assists.

Fraser is about 1/4 to 1/2 of those guys stats. He does hustle and fight (usually loses) but I would hope our 4th line center would have 10 points by now at least.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure 4th line center isn't anywhere close to #1 priority; Fraser has done a more than adequate job.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Johnny Utah

I like Colin, don't get me wrong, but if Lombardi sees an option for an upgrade he will take it. Fraser was a healthy scratch in Edmonton and Chicago and is a UFA...so DL might want some depth or insurance for the playoffs or possibly someone he can grab long term.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If the Kings are seeking a 4th line C who can win draws and play the PK who can chip in with some offense and also provide some speed, then Dominic Moore would be a perfect fit there. However, it's not really a priority right now as getting two top wingers. At the very least, Fraser's line is not a liability to get scored on when they're on the ice.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Johnny Utah

No way Lombardi lands 2 top wingers. I just don't see it. We would have to give up something to get that and it's a risk if they are UFA's....

Kopitar, Brown, Williams and Richards are 4 of the top 6 forwards. Gagne is hurt and Penner is a UFA, but that's technically 5. I think we land 1 winger.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Winger23

Quote:
In 39 games, he has 1 goal and 3 assists? Go look at most teams 4th line centers and they have better stats than that. Here are some examples.

Fraser is about 1/4 to 1/2 of those guys stats. He does hustle and fight (usually loses) but I would hope our 4th line center would have 10 points by now at least.
So just for fun I thought I'd take a look at other teams in the same division as the Kings and see if they had guys with the stats you picked out.....

Ducks -

Maxime Macenauer 29 games 1 goal, 3 assists

Stars -

Jake Dowell - 37 games 1 goal, 2 assists
Toby Peterson - 32 games 2 goals, 2 assists.

Sharks -

Andrew Murray - 39 games 1 goal, 3 assists

I'm not going to continue looking at anymore teams, but I just picked the first 3 teams that came to mind within same division and are no where near the top like the ones you picked out from east coast teams.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Johnny Utah

For the Ducks Rod Pelley is the new 4th liner. Just to correct that....but okay.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:33 PM
bobafettish*

some of the names being thrown around are worrisome.

huselius whitney? thank god prospal resigned.

either get a legit first line winge or just stick with the team we have.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Theoretically, it is possible for the Kings to acquire two top six forwards. The quality of the assets the Kings give up will vary.

Hypothetically speaking, say one of the top six forwards the Kings do acquire is Jeff Carter. Let's say for that to happen, the Kings would trade Jonathan Bernier, along with Jarret Stoll, Alec Martinez and another prospect and/or 1st round pick are sent to Columbus. To placate the loss of Bernier, the Kings would also acquire Curtis Sanford from Columbus.

The other top six forward could cost less if it is a pure rental, say the rights to Oscar Moller and another prospect/pick for P.A. Parenteau.

In both cases, the Kings would be dealing from a position of strength as they have junior prospects such as Toffoli and Weal who will likely graduate to the AHL.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:37 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
You can't serious, dude. Wether it's been Westgarth or Hunter, that 4th line has been pretty balls to the wall since Sutter has taken over.

Not sure which games you've been watching.

Lay off the pipe.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

Fraser has been excellent. Your stat comparison is not accurate because all the players you mentioned get significantly more ice time than Fraser.

Total Playing Time So Far This Year:
Fraser 379:14
Campbell 619:16
Gaustad 673:36
Pahlsson 790:05

Fraser only plays 9 minutes a game. Campbell/Gaustad/Pahlsson play 13-17 minutes per game.

The 4th line has been great since Clifford and Fraser got in sync. They stir things up, get lots of time on the forecheck, and score the occasional goal. There's been many games where they've been our best line.

I'd like to see something like this next year:
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

3 guy that can drop the gloves, AND play some decent hockey.

Closed Thread