HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
In 39 games, he has 1 goal and 3 assists? Go look at most teams 4th line centers and they have better stats than that. Here are some examples.

Gregory Campbell - 6 goals, 7 assists.
Paul Gaustad - 6 goals, 8 assists.
Sammy Pahlsson - 2 goals, 8 assists.

Fraser is about 1/4 to 1/2 of those guys stats. He does hustle and fight (usually loses) but I would hope our 4th line center would have 10 points by now at least.
Nice cherry picking, glad to see some posters actually did some research and refuted this nonsense.

Old
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
...Campbell has already passed through waivers a few times so anyone could've had him.....

Wrong Campbell!!!

Old
02-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
No way Lombardi lands 2 top wingers. I just don't see it. We would have to give up something to get that and it's a risk if they are UFA's....

Theoretically, Lombardi could center a package around Bernier and Johnson to get Nash & Huselius. Huselius is injured, but so is Gagne. The odds are that one of those injured guys will be back in time for the playoffs. And when that guy gets re-injured, the other guy might be ready to take his spot. Hopefully!

Last edited by Capn Brown: 02-08-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old
02-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
They dealt with them and they are not as good as they were before. The more cap problems they had before, the bigger the difference is after the problems have been "dealt with." No surprise there.

Yeah, you can say that, because you are fan. If you were GM saying that, you would be irresponsible with such thinking.
So PHI, PIT & CHI who have all either won the Cup or gone to the finals are worse because of their cap fallout or is it because Pronger and Crosby can't stay on the ice and Chicago is worse?? Look at them in the standings and look at the kings. I'd love for the Kings to be worse like they're worse. 1st world problems.

Holmgren, Bowman & Shero are irresponsible...good luck finding ANYONE in hockey to agree with that.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
So PHI, PIT & CHI who have all either won the Cup or gone to the finals are worse because of their cap fallout or is it because Pronger and Crosby can't stay on the ice and Chicago is worse?? Look at them in the standings and look at the kings. I'd love for the Kings to be worse like they're worse. 1st world problems.
If you can't see that Chicago is much worse after they have "dealt with the problem" nobody can help you to see.

Quote:
Holmgren, Bowman & Shero are irresponsible...good luck finding ANYONE in hockey to agree with that.
Oh, Holmgren is an AMAZING GM! I wish we had a superstar like him! We would have had TONS of Stanley Cups by now!

Bowman is a great GM, but he has been especially successful in last decade. You know, when the cap really started to count.

Shero, another great example. Brings tears to my eyes, just thinking about all the great things this man has done as GM. Just the courage he showed by taking over a team with two first overall picks! And drafting Staal as number two overall - I am sure that will make a great movie one day.

So yeah, I can see what are you thinking. Fantastic examples! I take back what I said before, your thinking is not irresponsible at all. In fact you have been very rational.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post

Boston has had their fair share of cap problems as well.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Wrong Campbell!!!
Andrew Campbell had to pass through waivers the past 2 training camps before being one of the last cuts. No one picked him up either time.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Tuomo Ruutu has looked very good battling in front of the net against the Ducks. He'd be a nice addition on the Kings. Would you guys give up Forbort straight up for Ruutu, with the knowledge that it is likely for Ruutu to sign an extension?

Old
02-09-2012, 12:29 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Tuomo Ruutu has looked very good battling in front of the net against the Ducks. He'd be a nice addition on the Kings. Would you guys give up Forbort straight up for Ruutu, with the knowledge that it is likely for Ruutu to sign an extension?
considering hes asking for 5million no thx.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
considering hes asking for 5million no thx.
Who knows if that rumor is true. I could see him getting $4.5M, which is in line with what other similar players like Ville Leino and Erik Cole signed for.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:49 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

"Similar to Ville Leino" is not the most enticing phrase right now

Old
02-09-2012, 12:49 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Who knows if that rumor is true. I could see him getting $4.5M, which is in line with what other similar players like Ville Leino and Erik Cole signed for.
I'd rather we got carter if were inching towards 5 mill

Old
02-09-2012, 12:51 AM
johnjm22

4.5M is too much for Ruutu. He's a 3rd line winger on a good team.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I really like Rutuu, but I would be very concerned with the cost. He is one of the most desirable rentals which would cost a decent amount up front and then I would want to re-sign him, which is an unknown cost, but expected to be high in the $4 million + range. It would work once Penner leaves, but I would shop around a bit more. Wouldn't be sad if it happened or didn't is what it boils down to.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-09-2012, 01:05 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
4.5M is too much for Ruutu. He's a 3rd line winger on a good team.
on our team he would be a 1st line winger.

it really depedns on gagne, if he retires (please do) then i would'nt mind paying 5million for tuutu.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Mayor tweeted that the Kings will be extending Mitchell.
Quote:
A little late-night tidbit 4 those who stuck w/me through barrage of tweets 2day...a player indicated 2me #LAKings extending Mitchell soon
http://twitter.com/#!/mayorNHL/statu...91463133929472

Old
02-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
The Mayor tweeted that the Kings will be extending Mitchell.

http://twitter.com/#!/mayorNHL/statu...91463133929472
A 2 year extension would be very nice..

Old
02-09-2012, 02:03 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Mitchell resigning is a good thing. 1 year? 2 years? Please God not 3 years...

Overpaying for Ruutu would not (which is very, very likely some team will).

@Johnny Utah - are you still of the mindset Colin Fraser sucks this year based on his ::cough:: STATS?

(I just want to know so that everything you say from now on will be null and void with me...)

Old
02-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
I'm thinking 2 year 6 mil total extension.

Wishful thinking.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Im seriously hoping 2 years. Gives the defensive minded prospects development time without rushing them. And Mitchell has been huge for us.

Anyone else think that resigning Prospal mightve been a way for Columbus to raise his value?

Old
02-09-2012, 02:21 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
on our team he would be a 1st line winger.

it really depedns on gagne, if he retires (please do) then i would'nt mind paying 5million for tuutu.
On our team everyone is a first line winger at one time or another

Ok maybe not Westgarth

maybe

Old
02-09-2012, 02:32 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Mitchell is a top pairing shutdown defenseman with good offensive sensibilities. Who would say no to re-signing such a player?

Old
02-09-2012, 02:40 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Mitchell is a top pairing shutdown defenseman with good offensive sensibilities. Who would say no to re-signing such a player?
Exactly.

Well, that, and we don't look like the same top defensive team when he's not in the lineup.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:58 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
If you can't see that Chicago is much worse after they have "dealt with the problem" nobody can help you to see.
Worse than what? When they won the Cup? Sure, they had to downsize a little.. but frankly, they had a bad season and now will vie for the cup again with Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith & Seabrook. I'd say they reinvented themselves quite nicely. I will take a cup win and a subsequent downsize over 44 years of nothing ANY DAY and so would most of the fans that use common sense on this board (you obviously not included)

Quote:
Oh, Holmgren is an AMAZING GM! I wish we had a superstar like him! We would have had TONS of Stanley Cups by now!
Holmgren traded away Richards and Carter for cap reasons, again after selling out to try for a cup and he still has the 2nd best offensive team in the league, 7th most points and still have an outside shot at winning their Division all with Giroux overcoming PCS and Pronger likely finished, JVR and Briere missing time. Hell they even made Wayne Simmonds into a potential 30-goal scorer, something the Kings could NEVER do for him stuck on the 3rd line. Holmgren >>> Lombardi.

Quote:
Shero, another great example. Brings tears to my eyes, just thinking about all the great things this man has done as GM.
Let's see, maintaining a playoff team without crosby... keeping Malkin and making it work under the cap, Trading for James Neal, drafting guys like Letang, and hiring Dan Bylsma who has kept them in the thick of it without Crosby for a calendar year and Letang or Staal for a a lot of this season. I can keep going, but why kick an idiot when he's down.

Quote:
Just the courage he showed by taking over a team with two first overall picks! And drafting Staal as number two overall - I am sure that will make a great movie one day.

So yeah, I can see what are you thinking. Fantastic examples! I take back what I said before, your thinking is not irresponsible at all. In fact you have been very rational.
When you're done realizing you don't have the slightest clue about what you're talking about and also that **** tastes like ****, feel free to stop eating it...Could cause hepatitis or worse... even death... on second thought.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:30 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...n-smyth-020812

Gotta laugh at that one...what a "character guy" he is!

Closed Thread