HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loki a healthy scratch tonight

Old
02-03-2012, 03:23 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Loki a healthy scratch tonight

From Hammond:

Quote:
As to whether Trent Hunter or Kevin Westgarth will play tonight, the apparent answer is: both. Andrei Loktionov is expected to be a healthy scratch, so either Trevor Lewis or Brad Richardson will slide over to center, probably alongside Hunter.
He's guessing the center. Could it be possible that DS slides Stoll bck to the 3rd line C and puts either Lewis or Richardson on wing on the 2nd line? I hope so...cause Stoll sucks at wing. Maybe he'd be more comfortable at Center.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
LombardiTool

The other night Jim Fox was talking about Sutter's recent praise for the play of Trevor Lewis. I cann see him moving up to the second line.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Shellz

I agree with Sutter.

Lokti hasn't played terrible, the Kings just need more from him and that isn't happening. Lewis has been playing extremely well. Nice to see that.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Capn Brown

It might help Lokti's game to send him to Manchester and have him score a goal a game for a month or so. Well, at least an assist per game.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Kingurentai

He better not be getting traded

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
He better not be getting traded

Unless it's for Carter?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Fishhead

Martinez and Bernier aren't playing either. Hmmm. Anyone know if our 1st round pick for next year was one of the last players off the ice at the pregame skate?

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:11 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Loki has looked pretty awful for a few games in a row now. Floaty, pushed off the puck, no finish. Although in his defense that describes half our team.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:41 PM
no name

This is not a bad thing. He's been given too much without earning all of it thus far. It's good to give a young guy a reality check every so often.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
123slam

What Loki needs is linemates with some offensive finishing ability. The line with Lewis and Richie is never going to produce consistently. Never.

They'll work hard, grind, and possess the puck for a good while, and that might be what Loki and even Lewis need to solidify in their game, but that line just shouldn't be expected to produce, sadly.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:51 PM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Martinez and Bernier aren't playing either. Hmmm. Anyone know if our 1st round pick for next year was one of the last players off the ice at the pregame skate?
who is that?

kingsdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:22 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I agree with Sutter.

Lokti hasn't played terrible, the Kings just need more from him and that isn't happening. Lewis has been playing extremely well. Nice to see that.
I completely agree as well. It's time for Lokti to sit and watch for a game or two. He only has a few points so far this year and 0 goals. Many of you have had issues with Lewis, but he has stepped up and done great since Sutter came to town. Lokti may have a lot more skill, but he isn't getting it done right now. Maybe it's time to send him down. Sure, his linemates aren't superstars, but even Lewis has two goals.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:26 PM
acrethrills

I like the chemistry that Lewis-Richardson-Lotki line has had going, but as has been stated, he does get knocked off the puck fairly easily, and isn't elusive enough to avoid solid contact at this point.

My concern is that while Hunter might be a better player in the defensive and neutral zone, he's shown us time and time again that he has NO finishing ability at all, despite the "heavy shot".

Hopefully this is just a reality check for a rookie who hasn't dazzled anyone lately, because on paper it makes us worse in the offensive zone, and better on the other two thirds of the ice. Is that really what we need?

My biggest concern is that the lines will get scrambled at some point, and we'll end up with a line of Penner-Stoll-Hunter on the ice. Yikes.

acrethrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsdarkness View Post
who is that?
Dunno yet.

Healthy scratches early in the year are just that.

Healthy scratches as the trade deadline approaches are on the market!

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

"Good vision" on the ice offensively does not describe Richardson.

He can get the puck deep and get to it first, win his share of board battles, and even muck it up a bit in scrums, but expecting him to make quick, nifty passes or surprise the goaltender with a beautiful backhander is asking too much.

Any line that he is on is never going to score much.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:01 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Who is backing Quick? lol

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:13 AM
backhander

the biggest drawback for Lokti is his shot....damn this kid needs to hit the weights or figure out how to get a harder shot off. come on now kid...you can skate, but no shot. i can see why he'd be benched. i know he needs to finish.....i've observed when he shoots there is no fire behind the shot so there would be no way to score unless he was two feet away from the net....seen all his games this yr. only down side of him sitting is putting in trent hunter....heavy shot but can't score either...at least lokti can skate....albeit getting knocked over.

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Fangio

He may be comfortable at center, but I liked what he was doing on the wing earlier this season. There was legit chemistry with Mike Richards for awhile, and now that Richards' numbers have been down lately, I'd like to see them have another go at it.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote