HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The only way forward and it starts with Geoff Molson

Old
02-04-2012, 09:56 AM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darch View Post
How about Mr. Molson knew this team was bad when he purchased it and believes Mr. Gauthier to be the man to clean house and bring back respectable hockey?

How about they understand that righting the ship will take years, and that their is no quick easy fixes in the NHL anymore. That it comes through drafting first, development, and culminates with adding the right free agents to complement the team. That every rebuild doesn't produce a Stanley cup either.

Maybe they understand that the average Habs fan thinks they own the Stanley cup, and that because they have won it 24 times in the past century, that it should be the same again. Times have changed, dynasties are over!

If anything has to change in Montreal, it's the culture. The second is the drafing process.
Actually when Gainey came on board, he was a top hockey man and he had a 5 year plan , people didnt freak at that, and obviously Gillett was fine with it. Gainey did upgrade the team and its assets, got us a level of respectabilty again, and back into the play-offs, including one Eastern title. Problem is it wasnt sustainable given the assembled team. I really dont think Habs fans have entitlement issues anymore, we do, after almost 20 years, want a team that contends for the Cup regularly, which a number of teams have done.
As to drafting, we have done a great job there, just no stars (except Markov) ,
although we may have a couple in the making. This year we may have that shot at a star player.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
I think they should can PG and hire someone from HF boards since you all can do a better job, right? So sick of all the hate on him, I don't expect to see him fired because he's really not doing as bad a job as most think.
A few weeks ago I was listening to Marinaro and he sarcastically told a caller that he "should apply to be the GM" .

Not picking up on the sarcasm the caller told Marinaro that he had sent his resume to the club but had not heard back from them yet.

I almost fell off my chair laughing.

In any case there are some extreme views that would lead to some crippling reactionary moves if certain people were at the controls, that's why experience is necessary and HF dingdongs don't ever get jobs in hockey.

Having said that there are tried and true principles that outside observers can clearly see are being abandoned by the Habs management team. And there are no excuses for executing trades hastily and getting little or no return. Gauthier has done this repeatedly.

So, you support Gauthier - hmmm. I will guess 70 percent of fans and media are in the other camp, so I ask this. Is the forming of a lynch mob around Gauthier simply and over-reaction or some great need for the fans to have accountability in the management team?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I get everyone's mad, but we have like 1000 threads like this, there is no reason why it can't fit into the candidate thread, the fire Gauthier thread or the Molson is incompetent thread.
Sometimes threads, just like hockey teams, need a fresh start.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
yianik

I am actually mixed about PG. In terms of hockey moves I think he has done fine. Yes he signed Markov to a 3 year deal but when he did, I assume the medical people, you know, the experts, said that Markov was coming along fine and should be good to go near the start of the season. I mean , I cant imagine people think PG was told that Markov wasnt recovering properly and that it was doubtful hed play this year, if ever, and that PG decided that was good enough for him to sign him to a 3 year deal. Not happy with Kaberle deal because my time frame is longer than PGs, who appears to have been under the gun to get the Habs into the play-offs, in which case the move made sense. Otherwise, the guy is the first GM in decades to get us the power forward the team has needed ( and we also grew our own finally ) in getting Cole, he has recognized the team needed to get bigger and made deals to get Blunden and Bourque.
My main beef with PG is his invisiblity and lack of character. When the fans treated Brisbois like crap, Gainey told them to shut up or stay home. Where is PG when PK is being ridiculed or his coach is being attacked for not speaking french ?
I am worried PG may make a bone headed short term move not because he is stupid,but because if he is fighting for his job, he , like mosy anybody would try to do something now.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:27 AM
gusfring

I knew in the summer we were in for a long year when Gomez was still on this roster.

That fact spoke volumes.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:13 AM
sampollock

Mr Molson you owe the fans

hi all, i know we have many threads on this and such,

But any way we could get a massive post or email , to send to Mr Molson, and some the fans disgust for this teams management issues,

i know he won't care, but it makes a statement for the hf boards.

maybe a dumb idea, but i would love 10 minutes of his time, and then make him buy me a beer.

my rant

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
sampollock

moved, that is ok

but would could we do as fans?

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote