Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Why would I lie about that?

I'm from Moorhead.
Double GTFO, this forum reached its limit for posters from Moorhead when I signed up and started posting here

And I have to say I agree with whats his face up here that, had the North Stars stayed where they belong, there would be a considerably higher chance that Parise would come here for the hometown loyalty factor.

The Wild are just too new to have very big of a draw.

Old
06-06-2012, 06:54 PM
BrodeursCups

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Double GTFO, this forum reached its limit for posters from Moorhead when I signed up and started posting here

And I have to say I agree with whats his face up here that, had the North Stars stayed where they belong, there would be a considerably higher chance that Parise would come here for the hometown loyalty factor.

I wasn't there very long so go easy on me. haha

Old
06-06-2012, 06:55 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post

Am I "whats his face"? Screw you Avder! Are you still mad at me because I asked you to photoshop a How to lose a cup in 4 games picture for the Penguins!? hahaha

Just kidding buddy... we cool.

Old
06-06-2012, 06:58 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I consider all of you What's His Face's.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
06-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Fair enough. Good talk
Back at ya.

Old
06-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Am I "whats his face"? Screw you Avder! Are you still mad at me because I asked you to photoshop a How to lose a cup in 4 games picture for the Penguins!? hahaha

Just kidding buddy... we cool.
Yeah that was you. And I had completely forgotten that.

*half hearted shrug*

Old
06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Anyways im out to watch the game. You guys are a good bunch, would talk again..

Old
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

looks like he hurt his ankle today... damaged goods

do not want

Old
06-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
After reading up on Suter and considering the Wild's current roster and prospect system, I now think we might actually have a better chance at getting Suter than Parise.

Old
06-07-2012, 12:33 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
After reading up on Suter and considering the Wild's current roster and prospect system, I now think we might actually have a better chance at getting Suter than Parise.
Which is good, because we need Suter 10 times more than Parise. We can do whatever to "pretty up" the front, but we won't go anywhere without fixing the back. If we actually got some decent puck movers back there (who can defend), our boys up front would actually see their numbers rise. If we got Parise and the blueline still sucked, his numbers will go the same direction as every other guy who's signed here....down the tubes.

Old
06-07-2012, 01:08 AM
nickschultzfan

I hope Fletcher trades for Suter's rights, and Parise too if they are available (probably won't be).

Old
06-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

To be completely honest, if we re-sign Lats and he can stay healthy, I really don't care if we get Parise or not. Sure it would be nice, but I'd much rather see GMCF invest his time and (Leo's) money into improving the defense. As NHL pointed out, if our production numbers from the blueline can improve, so to will our numbers from the forwards.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:25 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
To be completely honest, if we re-sign Lats and he can stay healthy, I really don't care if we get Parise or not. Sure it would be nice, but I'd much rather see GMCF invest his time and (Leo's) money into improving the defense. As NHL pointed out, if our production numbers from the blueline can improve, so to will our numbers from the forwards.
Clutterbuck for Suter's rights and a pick. Bouchard and his uncertain health for Parise's rights (Jersey is going to need to take a chance).

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Cullen-Granlund-Setoguchi
Lats-Brodziak-Johnson

Suter-Gilbert
Scandella-Spurgeon/Brodin

Gravy.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:30 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Clutterbuck for Suter's rights and a pick. Bouchard and his uncertain health for Parise's rights (Jersey is going to need to take a chance).

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Lats-Brodziak-Johnson

Suter-Gilbert

Gravy.
If only it were that simple, and no, I doubt it would take Clutterbuck to get Suter's rights or Bouchard to get Parise's rights. I'm guessing it would only take a 2nd or 3rd, maybe even 4th rd pick.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:30 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
More like

Latendresse's rights for Suter's rights (Nashville needs a goal scorer)

Bouchard is done for now.

So...Foucault for Parise's rights?

Old
06-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Quote:
If only it were that simple, and no, I doubt it would take Clutterbuck to get Suter's rights or Bouchard to get Parise's rights. I'm guessing it would only take a 2nd or 3rd, maybe even 4th rd pick.
Honestly I would make both of those trades. Maybe have them toss in a pick or prospect along with Suters rights for Clutterbuck tho.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:40 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Quote:

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Lats-Brodziak-Johnson

Suter-Gilbert

Gravy.
No #@$!ing way! That's too big a risk to take a guy who very likely wouldn't want to sign here and has his sights set on a bigger pond with bigger fish. If he doesn't sign, we'd lose Clutter for nothing....except a pick that doesn't guarantee squat. We've let enough assets go for free, which was one of the reasons this club took many steps backwards. Clutterbuck has value. If we move the guy, it needs to be for proven talent (with a contract) in return.

There's a reason many rights of players are traded for a pick (and only that)....because giving up a player of value for a guy who could very well say "no thanks" will screw your club over.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
No #@$!ing way! That's too big a risk to take a guy who very likely wouldn't want to sign here and has his sights set on a bigger pond with bigger fish. If he doesn't sign, we'd lose Clutter for nothing....except a pick that doesn't guarantee squat. We've let enough assets go for free, which was one of the reasons this club took many steps backwards. Clutterbuck has value. If we move the guy, it needs to be for proven talent (with a contract) in return.

There's a reason many rights of players are traded for a pick (and only that)....because giving up a player of value for a guy who could very well say "no thanks" will screw your club over.
I think Clutterbuck is a tempting enough asset that we could probably get Nashville to let us talk to Suter before the trade goes down to make sure he would be interested in signing here.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:35 AM
vitogor

I would do a 4th round pick + a conditional Clutterbuck for Suter's rights. Condition being that he signs here, obviously.

Is that even allowed, or only draft picks can be conditional?

Old
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Wild33

Holy overpayment rights are normally traded just for picks or low tier prospects. Im trying to find what was traded in for Hamhius and some other names a couple summers back. I do sense the Wild especially from listening to Russo on the Fan the other day that the Wild will make another big trade like last summer including maybe one of Seto or Clutterbuck or some futures to try and get a Staal/Ryan if there is uncertainty with Parise. Might not land one but I bet he's trying hard with connections to both as they keep hinting to wanting more NHL talent. And I know everyone on the regular board hates Paul Martin and wants him out of Pittsburgh and if he is available and we don't land Suter or other FA, I bet that's another guy they are trying because he could be had for cheaper and Minnesota actively pursued him as a FA. Just pure guessing from me on all of this.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:53 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
I would do a 4th round pick + a conditional Clutterbuck for Suter's rights. Condition being that he signs here, obviously.

Is that even allowed, or only draft picks can be conditional?
The problem with something like that is that if, hypothetically, the team fails to sign Suter and Clutterbuck's name is out there as a "conditional" add-on; how does that look to Cal and the team in general?

Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of trading assets to get to talk to a player exclusively for a few days. Chances are that the higher caliber players (and in this case that's absolutely Suter/Parise) are going to hit the market. They've waited this long to get there and are very close. There's no way their agent would let them do that.

Then we start throwing actual NHL players in return for negotiating rights and I think we reached the land of no return...

Old
06-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Exactly. They're going to be unsigned until July 1st no matter who trades for their rights.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Bouwmeester signed. But yeah most of them will wait a couple days.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:36 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay33 View Post
Holy overpayment rights are normally traded just for picks or low tier prospects. Im trying to find what was traded in for Hamhius and some other names a couple summers back. I do sense the Wild especially from listening to Russo on the Fan the other day that the Wild will make another big trade like last summer including maybe one of Seto or Clutterbuck or some futures to try and get a Staal/Ryan if there is uncertainty with Parise. Might not land one but I bet he's trying hard with connections to both as they keep hinting to wanting more NHL talent. And I know everyone on the regular board hates Paul Martin and wants him out of Pittsburgh and if he is available and we don't land Suter or other FA, I bet that's another guy they are trying because he could be had for cheaper and Minnesota actively pursued him as a FA. Just pure guessing from me on all of this.
From the last few years:
-Brian Rolston's rights were traded to Tampa Bay for a 4th round pick in 2009 two days before free agency (Minnesota ended up trading the pick to Edmonton as part of the Brodziak deal). The Lightning failed to sign Rolston.
-Bouwmeester was traded to the Flames at the Draft for the negotiating rights to Jordan Leopold (signed with Florida) and a 3rd round pick. He signed with Calgary.
-Dan Hamhuis had his rights traded to Philadelphia for a 3rd round pick and Ryan Parent. The Flyers didn't sign him and then traded his rights a week later to Pittsburgh for a third round pick in 2011 (see the next one). The Penguins failed to sign Hamhuis.
-Ilya Bryzgalov's rights were traded this time last year to the Flyers for a third round pick (provided he signed with Philadelphia before the Draft). That happened. Oddly enough, the pick sent back was the one Philadelphia received from Pittsburgh for Hamhuis.
-James Wisniewski had his rights traded to Columbus two days before free agency for a seventh-round pick in 2012 that would become a fifth rounder if he signed with the Blue Jackets. That happened.
-Christian Ehrhoff had his rights traded from Vancouver to the New York Islanders three days before free agency for a fourth round pick in 2012. They failed to sign him and then traded Ehrhoff's rights the next day to Buffalo, who signed him to a 10 year, $40 million deal the day before free agency.

Long story short, it's a gamble that pays off half the time.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
06-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1100
Not for Clutterbuck.

Closed Thread