Notices

Zach Parise

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

vCash: 500
What close friends? Sid is hearing voices again.

The man knows nothing about hockey except what he sees of the highlights.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

I can't imagine he is in the Parise hierarchy of knowledge. I don't see this as an indicator of whether or not he comes.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:07 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
What close friends? Sid is hearing voices again.

The man knows nothing about hockey except what he sees of the highlights.
Them highlights be on espn?

**** Sid, parise is ours

Old
06-08-2012, 11:34 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Russo Tweet

Quote:
@KFAN1003 should have asked Parise how to pronounce Zidlicky?
A fellow tweeter responds..

Quote:
@Russostrib @KFAN1003 its pronounced "I'm-a-girl-who-can't-handle-being- benched"

Old
06-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Aha. Too bad Russo isn't that snappy.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I was just browsing the boards and some threads... And found this... Let me be the first to say you guys are awesome !!!!!! !!! Love the comments bout Detroit and Semin..... Lolol !!

I agree with the guy who said that Detroit feels entitled to everyone !!

Old
06-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I was just browsing the boards and some threads... And found this... Let me be the first to say you guys are awesome !!!!!! !!! Love the comments bout Detroit and Semin..... Lolol !!

I agree with the guy who said that Detroit feels entitled to everyone !!
Entitled may be strong but until the Wild can come close to their level of success they have to be favored along with NYR, NJD, LA over the Wild in the Parise sweep stakes at this point. Yes i think the Wild will make him as good an offer as anyone, but unless Fletcher is the best salesman going, i doubt he'll convince Parise-who wants to win-to sign here with the calibore of other teams after him.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:03 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Entitled may be strong but until the Wild can come close to their level of success they have to be favored along with NYR, NJD, LA over the Wild in the Parise sweep stakes at this point. Yes i think the Wild will make him as good an offer as anyone, but unless Fletcher is the best salesman going, i doubt he'll convince Parise-who wants to win-to sign here with the calibore of other teams after him.
Haven't you heard ? The Devils are winning the cup this year, Brodeurs retiring, and Parise's walking !!!!

He and Suter will be on the same team next year !!

I don't know where though !

Old
06-10-2012, 11:42 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

July 1, 2012:

FORWARDS
Zach Parise (~$7.000m) / Mikko Koivu ($6.750m) / Dany Heatley ($7.500m)
Gui Latendresse (~$1.500m) / Mikael Granlund ($2.100m) / Devin Setoguchi ($3.000m)
Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m) / Kyle Brodziak ($2.833m) / Nick Palmieri (~$1.000m)
Pierre-Marc Bouchard ($4.080m) / Matt Cullen (3.500m) / Darroll Powe ($1.066m)
Matt Kassian (~$0.600m) / Nick Johnson (~$1.000m)

Brett Bulmer ($0.870m) / Zack Phillips ($0.969m) / Charlie Coyle ($0.975m)
Jason Zucker ($0.833m) / Johan Larsson ($0.870m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter (~$7.000m) / Tom Gilbert ($4.000m)
Marco Scandella ($0.845m) / Jared Spurgeon ($0.526m)
Justin Falk (~$0.825m) / Nate Prosser ($0.825m)
Steven Kampfer ($0.850m)

Jonas Brodin ($1.444m) / Matt Dumba (~$1.500m)
Tyler Cuma ($0.971m)

GOALTENDERS
Niklas Backstrom ($6.000m) / Matthew Hackett ($0.900m)

Darcy Kuemper ($0.900m) / Johan Gustafsson ($0.665m)

BUYOUTS
Mark Parrish ($0.927m) / Cam Barker ($0.541m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: ~$69,000,000;
CAP PAYROLL: ~$66,500,000
CAP SPACE: ~$2,500,000 (23-man roster)

06-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
So dreamy.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:44 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
i unconsciously scowl every time i see Mark Parrish in print.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:47 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i unconsciously scowl every time i see Mark Parrish in print.
And next to Barker too. But yeah, that hit by Parrish gave this team a concussion.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:49 PM
mnwildgophers

Barker was the right decision, wouldn't that buyout go up if we didn't buy him out when we did?

Old
06-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
And next to Barker too. But yeah, that hit by Parrish gave this team a concussion.
Parrish or Risebrough's stupid decision to buy him out? I'd put up with him in Houston or on our 4th line the last few years then his buyout crap.

Old
06-11-2012, 07:37 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Finally got around to breaking down the J.P. Parise KFAN interview. There are a couple interesting kernels that can be interpreted one way or another but it was surprising that for all the talk about how things are moving up no one presently on the Wild were mentioned until the final 5 minutes. I know PA isn't a hockey guy but c'mon, you're the flagship station of the Wild.

For the most part it's an intriguing discussion on being the father of a NHLer and how the game has changed.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
06-11-2012, 07:50 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Did anybody see the sports reporters or whatever that show is called with Mike max, Sid, Ruesse?

I heard Nanne was on last night and said he heard from somebody in the organization that the Wild are planning/willing to outspend anybody for Parise. Nanne also said he thinks the Wild will sign him.

I didnt see the show, but Nanne is pretty plugged into the hockey scene.

Old
06-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Finally got around to breaking down the J.P. Parise KFAN interview. There are a couple interesting kernels that can be interpreted one way or another but it was surprising that for all the talk about how things are moving up no one presently on the Wild were mentioned until the final 5 minutes. I know PA isn't a hockey guy but c'mon, you're the flagship station of the Wild.

For the most part it's an intriguing discussion on being the father of a NHLer and how the game has changed.
Yeah, but did you listen to it backwards?

"Zach will be a Wild, Zach will be a Wild...."

I'm sure i heard it.

Old
06-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post

I think JP Parise's appearance was more about the charity game, than it was the future of his son. And especially after the NY Rangers comment fallout, my guess is JP told PA in advance to keep those type of questions to a minimum. PA is pretty respectful of the wishes of his interviewees, and doesn't do much hard journalism...

This is typical of a PA interview for nearly any sport. I don't think you'll get a hard news interview out of JP until his son is officially a free agent.

Old
06-11-2012, 08:03 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
I think JP Parise's appearance was more about the charity game, than it was the future of his son. And especially after the NY Rangers comment fallout, my guess is JP told PA in advance to keep those type of questions to a minimum. PA is pretty respectful of the wishes of his interviewees, and doesn't do much hard journalism...

This is typical of a PA interview for nearly any sport. I don't think you'll get a hard news interview out of JP until his son is officially a free agent.
It was probably at most 5 minutes on the charity game, 10 minutes on his career and 15 on Zach.

Old
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
Did anybody see the sports reporters or whatever that show is called with Mike max, Sid, Ruesse?

I heard Nanne was on last night and said he heard from somebody in the organization that the Wild are planning/willing to outspend anybody for Parise. Nanne also said he thinks the Wild will sign him.

I didnt see the show, but Nanne is pretty plugged into the hockey scene.
True.

May 24/12:

Lou Nanne, whom I describe as Mr. Hockey in this state, has been a close friend of J.P. Parise (Zach's father and a former Minnesota North Star) for a long, long time, and he has been a confidant of young Parise since the young man hung around local NHL teams.

Nanne is convinced that the Wild would have a good chance of signing Parise if New Jersey is fortunate enough to win the Stanley Cup -- they have a 3-2 lead on the Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals.

Parise has been great for New Jersey in the playoffs, with 14 points in 17 games on seven goals and seven assists.

"If Jersey does win, it could really benefit the Wild because Zach Parise is a free agent and he wants to win a Cup," Nanne said. "It might be tough for him to come here right away, but if he wins a Cup in New Jersey, then that goal has already been met and then it might be really reasonable for him to come to the Wild as a free agent."

Nanne said Parise hasn't ruled out signing with anyone.

"I've talked to [Rangers General Manager] Glen Sather about that at the [trade] deadline when Glen was talking about dealing with Columbus for Rick Nash," Nanne said. "I said, 'All you have to do is sit and wait because if Parise doesn't win a Stanley Cup, he likes playing in New York and you have the budget and he could play for the Rangers. You got the [cap] room to go," Nanne said. "He enjoys playing in New Jersey, there's no doubt about that, but his one goal is to win the Stanley Cup and once he wins that, then I think he'd like to play back in Minnesota.

"He just bought a home in Minnetonka, his girlfriend is from North Dakota, and he's a Midwestern boy. J.P. and [his mother] Donna still live here.

"I would think once he reaches that goal, I'm certain he would like to finish his career with the Wild, or I would think he would, and that would be a big benefit to the Wild and to the Wild hockey fans."

Old
06-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Sportsfan1

Well wherever he ends up he better just make it to July 1 so we have a great and interesting day!

Old
06-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I would trust Nanne's opinion about the situation more than a lot of people except JP, and he won't spill the beans. Even though Parise didn't win the cup this year, I think NJ faces an uncertain future for the next couple of years due to the goal tending situation and hopefully this will be something that Parise considers before making his decision.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:16 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
I would trust Nanne's opinion about the situation more than a lot of people except JP, and he won't spill the beans. Even though Parise didn't win the cup this year, I think NJ faces an uncertain future for the next couple of years due to the goal tending situation and hopefully this will be something that Parise considers before making his decision.
I wonder how NJ's complete and utter breakdown in game 6 affects his opinion of the personnel on the team as well as his relationship with the coach. DeBoer's reaction to the Stoll/Gionta non-call and subsequent Bernier/Scuderi call is the sort of thing that can completely destroy a relationship with a team's leadership.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I wonder how NJ's complete and utter breakdown in game 6 affects his opinion of the personnel on the team as well as his relationship with the coach. DeBoer's reaction to the Stoll/Gionta non-call and subsequent Bernier/Scuderi call is the sort of thing that can completely destroy a relationship with a team's leadership.
Hopefully it somehow works in the Wild's favor.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:02 AM
se7en
infamous...

Does it make anyone else at least a little sad that in the last paragraph of the interview transcript we're made to sound like we're a retirement community..? Like we're the place to go when you've accomplished your goals already... Join the Wild & help make them a contender & maybe even win a cup for Minnesota? Nah... I'll join a good team & maybe do the wild on a bloated contract when I'm on the backend of my career instead...

I know what they're saying but it still sucks to hear about yourself...

Closed Thread