Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why doesn't Parros fight anymore?

Old
02-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Unholy
waifu

vCash: 500
This fanbase has become anti-enforcer? Don't think that at all. It's the team that has become that way.

02-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
I miss that tough SOB.
I miss Brad May and Thornton more. I really wished we re-signed Thornton after we won the cup.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/2...oudreau-Trades
Quote:
Murray was asked about the perceived difference between Eastern and Western teams and he said he dismisses a lot of it because most people don't stay up to watch the teams out West play. He specifically mentioned that he likes the way the Bruins play and that he believes they play the right kind of hockey. He said that the Ducks used to play like that and that he wants to get them back to that style of play. He wants a big, strong hockey team.
We'll see...

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Exit Dose

I hope he doesn't do something silly at the deadline, or switch to Burke's draft model.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 12:43 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post

Good.

For the record I don't blame Parros for fighting less this year, he's had far fewer willing partners. I'm sure he'll have a few more before the end of the year. Him not challenging Boll last game was kind of out of character so I was just kind of confused.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 12:55 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
"Murray also mentioned that Sami Vatanen continues to impress int he Swedish Elite League and that he feels the team has some very good defensive prospects on the way."

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 01:04 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Loving some of BB's quotes in there as well, seems like a great character, and is a pretty good coach to boot

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
"Murray also mentioned that Sami Vatanen continues to impress int he Swedish Elite League and that he feels the team has some very good defensive prospects on the way."
In his defense the writer says in the comments below that was probably his mistake.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Lyons71

Parros is too slow to hit people. I loved Fedoruk here because he would blast guys and fight everyone.

Dirk is right though, even RPG used to hit. Now they just stand around in the defensive zone. Only Getzlaf really hits of the 3.

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:15 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Parros is too slow to hit people. I loved Fedoruk here because he would blast guys and fight everyone.
Got to agree with that, he just needs a +5 skating card

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Perry used to do a lot of cheapshot hits, he's removed that from his bag of tricks though and I'm ok with it - his body absorbs enough punishment as it is. Ryan throws a lot of hits but they seem to be more of a "I'm pissed and I'm going to level someone" instead of a regular part of his game. He plays better angry. Someone should insult his dog before every game or something. Getzlaf has been averaging like 3 hits/game since the new year, it's noticeable when he's on his game.

Old
02-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post

Good.

For the record I don't blame Parros for fighting less this year, he's had far fewer willing partners. I'm sure he'll have a few more before the end of the year. Him not challenging Boll last game was kind of out of character so I was just kind of confused.
The Problem with Parros isn't his fighting less, it's his lack of nasty/hitting when he ISN'T fighting. And I'm sure he was told not to get in a fight - if you're in control of a game a staged fight benefits the other team, and Columbus didn't do anything that warranted retribution. I was sorta surprised Columbus didn't target Beauchemin for injuring Carter in the previous meeting though, as well as just the overall "nasty" factor from the first 2 games being missing from this one.

Old
02-05-2012, 04:33 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
The Problem with Parros isn't his fighting less, it's his lack of nasty/hitting when he ISN'T fighting. And I'm sure he was told not to get in a fight - if you're in control of a game a staged fight benefits the other team, and Columbus didn't do anything that warranted retribution. I was sorta surprised Columbus didn't target Beauchemin for injuring Carter in the previous meeting though, as well as just the overall "nasty" factor from the first 2 games being missing from this one.
Ah, you think Boudreau told Parros to "fight smart", like only when warranted? That makes sense because Carlyle didn't care when he fought, for any reason.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:22 AM
5minsforfighting

This team needs to toughen up and start to intimidate their opponents, just like in good old days. Thats the style we are known (or used to be known) around the league and thats the style which suits us. We won the games that way and every game was worth watching entertainment wise.
Why Murray is reffering to Bruins when in 2007 we won the Cup playing the same way? So whats the plan now?

P.S. Just saw that even Detroit last few games are having more fights than Ducks

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Fighter
Legend

Torn retina is a serious injury: when it happens you need to avoid hard contacts (hits for examples), let alone punches and stuff.
Not only that but I suspect that he is told not to fight when **** happens. Overall it is noticeable that the Ducks aren't the tough team they used to be.
If it wasn't for these two things I think he'd patrol the ice just fine.

Man, I miss the Big Bad Ducks.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 75
Quote:
Ah, you think Boudreau told Parros to "fight smart", like only when warranted? That makes sense because Carlyle didn't care when he fought, for any reason.
How do you know that? For all you know Carlyle did have preferences on when Parros fought.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
How do you know that? For all you know Carlyle did have preferences on when Parros fought.
True, but he wasn't benched or scratched if he ignored those preferences under Carlyle, that's all I know. I bet Boudreau would.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
True, but he wasn't benched or scratched if he ignored those preferences under Carlyle, that's all I know. I bet Boudreau would.
There are a couple instances I can think of when he had an ill advised penalty or fight and didn't see the ice again that game under RC.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:39 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
There are a couple instances I can think of when he had an ill advised penalty or fight and didn't see the ice again that game under RC.
Don't remember him being scratched the next game though [because of that]. I think I'm remembering what you're talking about too, he did get benched sometimes, don't remember it ever being because of a fight though.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:55 AM
JohnnyDuck93

Because Parros has become a mascot

JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:45 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuck93 View Post
Good to see you here finally Johnny!

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:48 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

vCash: 1117
Wrong thread. I'm a massive idiot.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:48 PM
snowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuck93 View Post

unfortunately, I think that is true. I get that they don't want him taking dumb penalties, but jeez.. people like Ott and Dorsett the last few games have taken way too many liberties and not being held accountable. I'd be more than happy to swap out some of Perry and Getlaf's weak retaliatory penalties for a Parros beat down on some of these punks.

snowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
unfortunately, I think that is true. I get that they don't want him taking dumb penalties, but jeez.. people like Ott and Dorsett the last few games have taken way too many liberties and not being held accountable. I'd be more than happy to swap out some of Perry and Getlaf's weak retaliatory penalties for a Parros beat down on some of these punks.
Ott would turtle and George would give away a 7 minute PP (5 of those a major). Nobody was going to start anything at the point of the game Dorsett needed to be beaten to a pulp. Hopefully next game he gets called out. It'd be nice if someone addressed him with Shanahan too.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
SmackCrackleNPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Sens fan coming in peace,just a quick question was BM fired from ANA when he took the job here in ottawa ??ty in advance
It was a combination of wanting to be closer to his hometown area where his mother lived. Combination of wanting to coach and being closer to his mom. Anaheim also faced an uncertain future with the lockout so he made the move.

SmackCrackleNPop is offline   Reply With Quote