Notices

Why doesn't Parros fight anymore?

Old
02-15-2012, 09:56 AM
noway

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog View Post
The day of the Heavyweight Fighter is over. Goon Life is over. Not that I'm going to cry about either. All I can say is it's about time. i've been saying that the heavy weight fighter is over for a few years now and there is a new breed of wanted type of fighter i the middle weight guy who can score 10-20 goals and add to the team. Don't forget this is the Age Of Salary Cap and there is no room for these players anymore.
Although I can't agree that the Day of the Heavyweight Fighter is over, it is possible that the Age of Good Grammar and Spelling could be over.

noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Dirk316

As long as teams like Boston, NYR, Philly, STL, Ottawa, Florida etc keep playing tough players and enforcers while winning i dont see fighting going anywhere. Parros may not be fighting as much but i dont think its any coincidence the team began winning when he came back from injury. Unlike others opinion i would re-sign him but also other big tough players for the upper lines including a true pest type.
Signing Moen should be a no brainer as well this off-season

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
As long as teams like Boston, NYR, Philly, STL, Ottawa, Florida etc keep playing tough players and enforcers while winning i dont see fighting going anywhere. Parros may not be fighting as much but i dont think its any coincidence the team began winning when he came back from injury. Unlike others opinion i would re-sign him but also other big tough players for the upper lines including a true pest type.
Signing Moen should be a no brainer as well this off-season
Word.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

http://www.playerspoll.ca/results/20...oughest-player

And as I posted earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
Parros is still a presence, that's still enough. How long will it be enough, we'll see.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:48 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
LOL, yeah I saw that, but since Lucic was given #1 I ignored the results, Parros should really be #3 or 4, and Lucic shouldn't be in the top 10. He ran away from Colton Orr, wouldn't fight Laraque, etc. Those were really scary guys and there's guys who are nearly as intimidating still left in the league, unlike that poser Lucic.

Old
03-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Paul4587

Toughest player doesn't mean best fighter. When comparing Lucic to the likes of Parros, Orr etc, Lucic is a much better hitter, is better along the boards and is generally nastier than most enforcers around. Not to mention he's one of the best fighters than can actually play a regular shift.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:27 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Toughest player doesn't mean best fighter. When comparing Lucic to the likes of Parros, Orr etc, Lucic is a much better hitter, is better along the boards and is generally nastier than most enforcers around. Not to mention he's one of the best fighters than can actually play a regular shift.
Lucic isn't nearly as intimidating as a Brian McGrattan, that's why I don't get why he's a distant #4...