HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Game #51 St. Louis Blues at Nashville Predators (Half-Assed Edition)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2012, 01:28 PM
  #151
Blues0307
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
I disagree with the premise that the game could've gone either way. The Predators outplayed the Blues for the majority of the game and were the much better team last night. The Predators are a horrible style matchup for us. There's a reason we're 0-4 against them.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 02:04 PM
  #152
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
The blues played fine, the second was pretty bad, but we hit the post like 5 times, the game could have easily gone our way and it's just luck and Rinne it didn't
To be fair, Nashville hit a few posts and missed a couple of empty nets early as well. The game could have been 3 or 4 to 0 in the second . Rinne played an amazing game, but Halak wasn't shabby himself.

Overall, this was one of the most exciting games I've seen all year. Anyone that dismisses these two teams as "boring" or "trapping" teams cheated themselves. This game had it all.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 04:21 PM
  #153
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,060
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
I disagree with the premise that the game could've gone either way. The Predators outplayed the Blues for the majority of the game and were the much better team last night. The Predators are a horrible style matchup for us. There's a reason we're 0-4 against them.

The Blues dominated 2/3 of the first period and the entire 3rd period.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 04:23 PM
  #154
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,060
vCash: 50
Having back to back games after a 10 day layoff doesn't help either.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 07:28 PM
  #155
SoulChaser17
Registered User
 
SoulChaser17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
At least we can count on beating the Sens.

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
  #156
Linus
Registered User
 
Linus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 582
vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulChaser17 View Post
At least we can count on beating the Sens.
I don't know about that. Despite their losing streak, the Sens have been good lately. Combine that with the Blues' inability to score and the fact that it's a road game, who knows how it will play out.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:09 PM
  #157
SoulChaser17
Registered User
 
SoulChaser17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
Well from what I hear, the Sens have a terrible PP, maybe worse than ours right now. They also apparently can't score. And Anderson always lets in at least one soft goal. So, by the way it looks lately, we have a pretty good chance of winning. Maybe even 2-0!

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:29 PM
  #158
STLhockey91*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
has anyone even considered the fact that rinne's amount of games played so far is ridiculous and will only increase even further due to nashville's ridiculous february and march schedules? rinne will be gassed out come playoff time. i wont mind playing them at all, especially if we have both steen and amac back.

STLhockey91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM
  #159
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
I want to apologize. My crappy mis-numbered GDT thread cost the Blues this game. I'm sorry. I will leave the GDT threads to pros like Blanik.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:28 PM
  #160
trevorftw
Voice of Reason
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 373
vCash: 50
I declare both the half-assed and early GDT superstitions bunk! Bring on those detailed GDTs!

trevorftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:47 PM
  #161
SoulChaser17
Registered User
 
SoulChaser17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
Detailed GDTs are the best. I say we never stray from them.

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
  #162
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I don't know about that. Despite their losing streak, the Sens have been good lately. Combine that with the Blues' inability to score and the fact that it's a road game, who knows how it will play out.
I've watched the last few Sens games and we're catching them at a good time. They look awful these last few and definitely deserve their losing streak.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:19 AM
  #163
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 5,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulChaser17 View Post
Detailed GDTs are the best. I say we never stray from them.
But halfassed threads are tradition.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 05:40 AM
  #164
SoulChaser17
Registered User
 
SoulChaser17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
But halfassed threads are tradition.
Pssh. Some traditions don't deserve to continue.

Although I'm still pretty new so feel free to ignore me >_>

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
  #165
inglouriousbackes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bellevegas, Illinois
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
half assed threads need to die...it jynxed our game.

inglouriousbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
  #166
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Okay, so just want to say it wasn't the half-ass-edness of the GDT that jinxed the Blues, it was that I got the game number wrong originally.

One of our awesome mods fixed it, but the damage was already done. Half-ass GDT are fine, although I too prefer a detailed GDT.

As I said, I'll leave it to Blanik and others in the future.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
  #167
trevorftw
Voice of Reason
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 373
vCash: 50
Although I'm an advocate for detailed GDTs, half assed ones are better than nothing.

trevorftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:37 PM
  #168
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17,633
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
But halfassed threads are tradition.
Just because it has been done in the past, doesn't mean it should continue in the future.

Example: Powerplay dance. I can't wait for that fad to die. At least it isn't the stupid fang finger thing Preds fans do when they go on a PP.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
  #169
ToniJ1960
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 118
vCash: 50
I dont care half assed or detailed but could you please include the start time? Once in a while there is a change and I dont always check the Blues site and I miss half the first period

How can it be so detailed and leave that out?

ToniJ1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:15 AM
  #170
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Country: United States
Posts: 6,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Just because it has been done in the past, doesn't mean it should continue in the future.

Example: Powerplay dance. I can't wait for that fad to die. At least it isn't the stupid fang finger thing Preds fans do when they go on a PP.
The only reason we've had half-assed GDTs is because no one cared enough to put the effort into a detailed one. Many of us have been here through the lean years, and the Blues GDT didn't have much traffic.

This season marks a bit of a change in the wind, as the team's success has attracted more posters and more traffic (still not a lot) on the GDT. Thanks to Blanik and others who have put in the effort to create GDTs. But I find it amusing to read posts from people complaining about the half-assed threads. Just make a freaking GDT if you want one. If you aren't willing to, then just shut-up (I'm addressing this comment generally).

If we get to the point that multiple people are wanting to make the GDT we can create a schedule, like the heavily trafficked forums have. That hasn't been an issue yet, though, with only a rare instance where we have duplicate efforts.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.