HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season over. Habs lose 3-0

Old
02-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Where's Jacques Martin?

Where are the haters?

We would problably be at least close the playoffs with him.(maybe even in the playoffs)
Oh please And why would we even want to be flirting with 8th? We were .500 with him, including 6 shootout losses. We did the right thing by inadvertently giving up on the year. It was time to stop fooling ourselves.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Where's Jacques Martin?

Where are the haters?

We would problably be at least close the playoffs with him.(maybe even in the playoffs)
I'd rather the team get exposed and rebuilt (hopefully by a new GM) than sneak into the playoffs as the 8th seed and get eliminated first round and then see the same thing happen next year.

Obviously Martin was a better coach but this team needs to be fixed if we ever hope to contend.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
everyone getting excited for nail, grigs or forsberg. what are the guarantees any of these guys pan out? are they can't miss?
this team needs much more than a top pick...it needs to remodel the team...get rid of the passengers, find a gritty 4th line, and if not a big scoring center than at least a big gritty center
Well they're can't miss for most teams...but our Habs are good at taking diamonds and grinding them down into trinkets so we'll see.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
peate
Good grief!

One good thing is Gomer failed to score and spoil the party. He's gotta score tomorrow though or else...

peate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
20 games into his coaching career, Randy Cunneyworth is 6-12-2, giving him a full-season points pace of 57.4 points.

Obviously this is a small sample, so the following comparison must be taken with a generous helping of salt, but nevertheless: only two teams in the cap era, the Blues in 05-06 (57 points) and the Flyers in 06-07 (56 points), have maintained a worse pace over 82 games.
Show me a successfull team in the NHL that has one line that shows up on a consistent basis----(Pacioretty Desharnais Cole). That is our biggest problem. After those guys who else plays like they give a ****?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I really feel bad for all the people that spend hundreds of their hard earned money to watch the Habs play @ the Bell Centre this year. Brutal.
Well they are really stupid

Mediocre product, why pay that much ?

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
I fell asleep so hard to this game... please let this season be over.

All I'm looking forward to is the trade deadline and the draft.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

cunney thinks our 'intent is in the right place'
glad to see he's still registered in jacques martin's online school
of incomprehensible, comatose coaching quotes

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
larek

Quote:
Where's Jacques Martin?

Where are the haters?

thats the best thing habs did this season -- now play gomez 30 plus evry game- same with killer kaberle and crusty campoli

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
everyone getting excited for nail, grigs or forsberg. what are the guarantees any of these guys pan out? are they can't miss?
this team needs much more than a top pick...it needs to remodel the team...get rid of the passengers, find a gritty 4th line, and if not a big scoring center than at least a big gritty center
Too many games left for that yet.. I worry and expect they'll go on a steak and **** it up before the season ends and end up drafting between 7th -10th.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:02 PM
pucky

Why doesn't the Montreal media report on this rather than the need for a French-speaking coach?

That play by Kaberle was brutal. It was pointed out by PJ Stock on HNIC and it indeed was awful. Not just a soft play with barely checking an opposing player but then he aimlessly goes behind the net taking himself out of the play entirely.

Boston fans were glad to see him go. He was having a horrible season w/ Carolina so Montreal gives him a crazy contract in trading for him? Having Gomez wasn't enough?

I think Montreal is fast replacing Toronto as the most ****ed up franchise. Their problem is not lacking a francophone or french-speaking coach, it's just incompetence at the management level.

Also, the tank isn't on, folks, until they start trading players and receiving prospects or picks in return.

pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:02 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Well they are really stupid

Mediocre product, why pay that much ?
agree - booing 4 minutes left? lol why then??

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:03 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

The only good attitude to have is to still cheer for the Habs but not be disappointed when they lose. I really want Galcheyuk or Grigorenko badly and that is a legit possibility now so who knows.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:03 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I'd rather the team get exposed and rebuilt (hopefully by a new GM) than sneak into the playoffs as the 8th seed and get eliminated first round and then see the same thing happen next year.

Obviously Martin was a better coach but this team needs to be fixed if we ever hope to contend.
Seriously I think he deserves more praise for what he did.
At least we were close to playoffs with him and he still had the respect of the players.

Another bad decision by Gauthier.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

C'mon guys, lets bring tanking to new heights!!

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Bullsmith

All systems TANK. Actually, they're really well positioned to keep right on losing. Move out a couple of vets this month, don't replace them properly till next year. The question at this point is do they try and compete effectively next year? This year it's a race for 2nd last, IMO.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
next year, the bell center will have unsold tickets.
this year, everything's sold but I'm pretty sure there will be less people wanting to spend 100$ on a ticket to watch this pathetic team.
Not sure about that... people forget quickly in Montreal and after a longer summer than usual people will be longing for Habs hockey...

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:06 PM
David_99

Times like these scare me. I don't know if Goat will stand pat or do something stupid. We'll probably trade our first for Carter...

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
Why doesn't the Montreal media report on this rather than the need for a French-speaking coach?

That play by Kaberle was brutal. It was pointed out by PJ Stock on HNIC and it indeed was awful. Not just a soft play with barely checking an opposing player but then he aimlessly goes behind the net taking himself out of the play entirely.

Boston fans were glad to see him go. He was having a horrible season w/ Carolina so Montreal gives him a crazy contract in trading for him? Having Gomez wasn't enough?

I think Montreal is fast replacing Toronto as the most ****ed up franchise. Their problem is not lacking a francophone or french-speaking coach, it's just incompetence at the management level.

Also, the tank isn't on, folks, until they start trading players and receiving prospects or picks in return.
montreal is the retirement home for soft lazy, indifferent, overpaid players who have already won their cup

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Show me a successfull team in the NHL that has one line that shows up on a consistent basis----(Pacioretty Desharnais Cole). That is our biggest problem. After those guys who else plays like they give a ****?
What's Randy's responsibility in not being able to ice competitive lines?

How come Martin was 13-12-7, and climbing, with the same bunch of losers, except more injuries?

I mean, let's be nice to Randy and cut off his first four games, since he was getting his feet under him, taking over a troubled team, not fair to expect him to do great right away, needs time to implement his system, yadda yadda yadda, anyway, I'm basically lopping off four straight regulation losses off his record just to make him look better. This makes him 6-8-2. Good for 71.75 points. This would put them on pace for 29th overall this year, which I suppose is an improvement over 30th.

Give Martin the same courtesy and cut off his first 4-game stretch (in which he was 1-2-1) and we're looking at 12-10-6: 88 points -- within striking distance of the playoffs, despite more injuries than Randy's had.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Seriously I think he deserves more praise for what he did.
At least we were close to playoffs with him and he still had the respect of the players.

Another bad decision by Gauthier.
You're right, finishing 9-10 would be SO MUCH BETTER! Seriously, I think it's likely that the team would've been more competitive under Martin (more than likely, almost guaranteed). I also think we weren't likely to make the playoffs and guaranteed to fail in them if we did. The team needs a serious rethink. We were headed in the wrong direction with Martin, firing him has at least sped up the process of making that clear. IF we can bring in management with competence and a vision of how to win (which means playing ball with the boys club that is the NHL, something PG has shown he cannot do by and large), then blowing up this season by firing Martin was the one thing management has done right.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:08 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Times like these scare me. I don't know if Goat will stand pat or do something stupid. We'll probably trade our first for Carter...
I would have advocated that, on the belief that this roster plus Carter can get out of the lottery, but I have no confidence that Randy won't screw even that up.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://tvasports.ca/video/1433787078001

David Desharnais.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dm1371

Did someone else hear Desharnais swearing at l'antichambre?

dm1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
20 games into his coaching career, Randy Cunneyworth is 6-12-2, giving him a full-season points pace of 57.4 points.

Obviously this is a small sample, so the following comparison must be taken with a generous helping of salt, but nevertheless: only two teams in the cap era, the Blues in 05-06 (57 points) and the Flyers in 06-07 (56 points), have maintained a worse pace over 82 games.
RC's definitely not "making it work" with this group/situation...

but to be fair, he walked into a brutal situation that his GM/Owner made that much worse by throwing him under the bus from day one.

Hard to get "buy-in" from employees when things are already going poorly AND they know the boss/manager has basically no chance of still being in charge in 4 months.

yet another example of why fishing for stats can be utterly useless without properly analyzing the "human" components of the situation...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote