HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post all trade proposals and wishlists IN HERE.

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
Garth, we need a D man!! Now!

It's a GM's job to put his team in the best possible position to succeed.... This team has needed a defenseman in the worst way for months now..... I know its not easy to just trade for a D man in a moments notice..... But in spite of Garth doing nothing to upgrade the blue line, this team has managed to climb to .500 and remotely even able to dream of the playoffs.... At this point, our defense is worse off than ever.. An accountant can work out contracts, scouts can work the draft, so if Garth isn't capable of working a trade for a mid-level defenseman for a team dressing kids and AHL castoffs, how can he justify his job??.... A GM first and foremost is in charge of the roster... We didn't have 6 NHL caliber defensemen to start the season, but as of now, it's embarrassing and even dangerous... and it's getting to a point of absurdity that he can't find one or two DECENT/AVERAGE NHL defenseman to at least give the team a chance of competing........

I guess my point is, this team has battled really hard to be in this position of .500 and still in contention, I think he owes it to Tavares and the boys to find a D man or two ASAP to give them a chance this year.... He is not doing his part in giving this team a chance to succeed.... All I'm asking for is 6 NHL defenseman...

I can't believe he doesn't see the urgency.... I'm not asking him to gut the farm system for a stop gap D man.... but give up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounder and/or a mid level prospect to at least dress 6 NHL caliiber defensemen... The team and fans deserve that.... If he can't do that, get him the hell out of here.... I won't even mention how he botches the development of our first rounders not named Tavares.

Old
02-08-2012, 09:03 PM
islandermaniac

wishlist:

nabokov for hjalmarsson

trade 2012 first round pick for carter

give parise the max ufa contract

give suter the max ufa contract

done

hey, it's not my money!

Old
02-09-2012, 04:09 PM
stoff

Hey guys, oiler fan here, just reading through your comments seems like most of you want a proven LW star like nash, parise, etc.

IF this happened would matt moulson be available???

I really think him along with RNH would be similar to him with JT. I really like the idea of

moulson - RNH - Eberle
Hall - Grigorenko - Hemsky

So just wondering what it would take.

Would any of these players be enough/ interest you guys?

Gagner, Omark, any pick but the 1st in 2012, Peckham, Barker.

Thanks.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:33 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Hey guys, oiler fan here, just reading through your comments seems like most of you want a proven LW star like nash, parise, etc.

IF this happened would matt moulson be available???

I really think him along with RNH would be similar to him with JT. I really like the idea of

moulson - RNH - Eberle
Hall - Grigorenko - Hemsky

So just wondering what it would take.

Would any of these players be enough/ interest you guys?

Gagner, Omark, any pick but the 1st in 2012, Peckham, Barker.

Thanks.
Parise,Nash are pipedreams.

Moulson: is on pace for 35-40 goals ,making $3.1m.Snow's not moving Moulson.

Gagner: the Isles just signed Nielsen to an extension. He'll make $2m next season. With Strome,Brock Nelson,Ullstrom and Cizikas all playing center and at least 2 with realistic chances to make next season's roster ,I don't see the isles interested in Gagner at center and he doesn't have the size or toughness for the wing.

Omark:no interest in a smallish winger.

I'd rather the isles went with their own 4 pmd prospects,at Bridgeport ,then trade for other 3rd pairing d-men.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Parise,Nash are pipedreams.

Moulson: is on pace for 35-40 goals ,making $3.1m.Snow's not moving Moulson.

Gagner: the Isles just signed Nielsen to an extension. He'll make $2m next season. With Strome,Brock Nelson,Ullstrom and Cizikas all playing center and at least 2 with realistic chances to make next season's roster ,I don't see the isles interested in Gagner at center and he doesn't have the size or toughness for the wing.

Omark:no interest in a smallish winger.

I'd rather the isles went with their own 4 pmd prospects,at Bridgeport ,then trade for other 3rd pairing d-men.
Fair enough. I don't think the teams match up well as we both kind need dmen, and I kind of figured about being a pipedream but seems weird to want that when you have moulson, grabner, neidereiter, already on the left side.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:12 PM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Fair enough. I don't think the teams match up well as we both kind need dmen, and I kind of figured about being a pipedream but seems weird to want that when you have moulson, grabner, neidereiter, already on the left side.
Nino plays RW with a LH shot

Old
02-12-2012, 11:44 AM
MTK

What do you guys think about this?

To Columbus:

PAP
Brock Nelson

To NYI

Tyutin
3rd Round Pick

Do we need to add more for Tyutin?

I do not make trade proposals just wanted to see what people think . PAP wants a contract like Okie,Franz, Grabs but I do not think we should give him a contract like that . He has mentioned Snow has not offered that. So he will be gone after the season. He is playing good this year but I do not think he will be putting up these points as the years go on .

We have a drafted a lot of players in the past couple years. So Brock is expendable to me .

We have Anders Lee, Ryan Strome and couple others in the pipeline.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:57 AM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
What do you guys think about this?

To Columbus:

PAP
Brock Nelson

To NYI

Tyutin
3rd Round Pick

Do we need to add more for Tyutin?

I do not make trade proposals just wanted to see what people think . PAP wants a contract like Okie,Franz, Grabs but I do not think we should give him a contract like that . He has mentioned Snow has not offered that. So he will be gone after the season. He is playing good this year but I do not think he will be putting up these points as the years go on .

We have a drafted a lot of players in the past couple years. So Brock is expendable to me .

We have Anders Lee, Ryan Strome and couple others in the pipeline.
Tyutin just resigned and is one of their only legit top 4 dmen right now so unless it's MASSIVE overpayment he is not going anywhere

Old
02-12-2012, 12:20 PM
steveat

Ultimate 2012/13 Isles team!

according to TSN - Nash/Getzlaf and Whitney are on the radar. Lets clean house and get those guys.

I am sure we can swing a deal for Nash because his contract is massive. 7.8 mil until 2017/18 season. Maybe Parenteau/Nino/Nillson and a 2nd would do. They get an up and coming goalie which they need, plus some scoring potential up front.

Next, we trade Moulson, and Okposo straight up for Getzlaf. They get 2 reasonably talented players and we get our coveted number 2 center. At 6'4 221..my god..you guys complaining about size would finally be quiet.

Finally trade Whitney straight up for like a 3rd rounder and maybe future considerations.

The Lines would look like this:

First line - Nash LW - Tavares C - Whitney RW (Whitney plays LW, but he shoots right. I prefer a winger shooting the same side as his position)

Second line - Baily LW - Getzlaf C - Rhett RW/Kabanov/Petrov

Third line - Matt Martin LW - Frans C - Grabner RW

Fourth Line - Ullstrom LW - Haley C - Wallace RW? I have no plans for 4th, but we have enough AHLer's to fill that line to kingdom come.

What do you guys think?? I am a big fan of loyalty, but at the end of the day, hockey is a business and the team needs to make money. I believe tht with these moves, we can be a serious contender. That first line, even though Whitney is old, can make Tavares a 3 digit scorer and make Nash and Whitney at least PPG players. Frans finally gets his third line action and we have loads of flexibility for second and 4 lines.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Amazing how many of the competitors are currently on losing streaks (Chicago and Philly) while other supposed competitors are having huge consistancy problems (see Washington).

Man, with so many other teams not really serving as sellers, Snow could prolly do real good for himself in gaining some assets this deadline if he were willing to deal some guys (whether upcoming UFAs or signed).

Could get pretty interesting...

Old
02-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Mustang2750

Rick Nash officially on the block...

And Garth Snow is an absolute moron if he doesn't offer the likes of KO/Bailey/PA +de Haan + 1st/2nd whatever the asking price is.

They better at LEAST make a legit offer for him.

http://m.tsn.ca/Default.aspx?sport=n...storyid=387786

Old
02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Boik14

Grabner, 1st, Bailey, and either Brock Nelson or Matt Donavan. Get it done Garth

Old
02-14-2012, 11:22 AM
scott99

I appreciate everyone's optimism, and don't want to be a downer, but let's face it. These are all pipe dreams. Mr. Wang won't sign off on any deals where he has to pay more for a player aquired in a trade, than he is paying already for players on the roster. Until/if/when the Colisseum issue is resolved, then, MAYBE, the freeze on trading for or signing players will be lifted. A 2nd round pick for Nabakov is all I'm expecting in the days ahead. We don't have an owner who cares, we have a clown as a GM, so put away all your wishes and dreams, it just ain't gonna happen.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:25 AM
rollin109

Absolutely, Im sure Nash will waive his NTC to come to the Island.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 8243
Don't like the idea of trading for a player who can't produce up to his paycheck of that magnitude, and then having to pay for it in assets given up as well.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:38 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

I guess all of the proposal are fantasy — because there is very little in here that Snow is going to be willing to do.

He is not going to trade any of the key guys he signed last summer — Tavares, Okposo or Grabner.

He is unlikely to deal a just resigned Neilsen.

He has shown that he has no desire to trade an improved Josh Bailey, or any of the key players from recent drafts. He traded up — not once, but twice, for Calvin de Haan, and he traded up for Brock Nelson. I dont see any of those players on the move.

As the deadline looms, a great deal will depend on the next few games. Any desires by the Isles faithful that they will see a "Smyth-like" trade is more then likely setting themselves up for failure and disappointment. Unless another GM radically undervalues a given player, or it is a cap space move, players like Perry, Nash, Getzlaf are not going to be coming to Long Island. Further — players of that caliber with big contracts rarely if ever move during the trade deadline.

We have, in my opinion, one bullet in the gun to acquire someone of impact — and that is our 1st overall pick in 2012. Snow has been tentative to deal top picks, and this is considered a deep draft class. I am not sure I would trade it either, but if the deal is right, and the player coming back were a top 4 defender who can have a legit impact for 5 seasons — yes, I make the trade.

P.A. is likely to be resigned, and I think that the other UFAs — guys like Eaton, Mottau, Jurcina have limited value. Jurcina may even be resigned.

Unless there is "to-good-to-be-true" deal, I expect the Isles to be quiet at the deadline.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Nash is not an elite player.

He is not someone you go after at all costs.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:43 AM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin109 View Post
Absolutely, Im sure Nash will waive his NTC to come to the Island.
Yeah, I can just see his shortlist of teams...

Detroit
Rags
Boston
Philly
Islanders

Let's be honest folks, if the guy has a NMC and is looking to get away from a perennial loser... he ain't coming here, that's all there is to it.

02-14-2012, 11:49 AM
leeroggy

Just for fun:

Okposo, Parenteau, Nilsson and our 1st for Nash and their second.

This allows us to play the following lines:

MM / JT / Nino
Grabner / Bailey / Nash
Martin / Nielsen / Rahkshani
Any fourth line combo

Opens space up for Nino to actually play with some talent

Gives Bailey the necessary winger to play with

Opens up a place for Rahkshani

Old
02-14-2012, 12:14 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
Just for fun:

Okposo, Parenteau, Nilsson and our 1st for Nash and their second.

This allows us to play the following lines:

MM / JT / Nino
Grabner / Bailey / Nash
Martin / Nielsen / Rahkshani
Any fourth line combo

Opens space up for Nino to actually play with some talent

Gives Bailey the necessary winger to play with

Opens up a place for Rahkshani
Nowhere near enough.

PAP is a UFA, no value to CBJ.
Okposo is a 2nd liner
Nilsson is a goalie prospect. Goalie prospects generally have little value. Nilsson is not an elite goalie prospect. Non-elite goalie prospects have very little value.

If you want Nash, you need to give up premier assets. Currently our first would qualify, but would it if we added Nash?

No way we are getting a player of Nash's caliber without Nino/Stome + our first + more.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Moosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
What an awful deal. Smith is our best D prospect

If Detroit is going to package any deal, it'll be around Nabokov alone, and we wouldn't offer much for a basic rental. Main reason why I can't see a deal happening in the first place.
I agree it's an awful deal, for different reasons. Why would the Isles give up a good defensive forward who just signed a 4-year deal and their best goaltender for a defenseman and a 25th-30th first round pick? I don't know why everyone is in such a rush to enrich Detroit. Don't you people ever get tired of being taken to the cleaners? If they want to do a deal for Nabby alone, I wouldn't mind that. He probably won't sign here anyway. Surely anybody on the Reds Wings roster would improve the Isles.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:27 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Nowhere near enough.

PAP is a UFA, no value to CBJ.
Okposo is a 2nd liner
Nilsson is a goalie prospect. Goalie prospects generally have little value. Nilsson is not an elite goalie prospect. Non-elite goalie prospects have very little value.

If you want Nash, you need to give up premier assets. Currently our first would qualify, but would it if we added Nash?

No way we are getting a player of Nash's caliber without Nino/Stome + our first + more.
According to what I've read, Columbus is looking for young roster players more than top prospects. Not sure how that figures into your thinking. At least Kyle and P.A. fit that profile. That's how I thought this one up.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Im sure that Nash will go to the Rags along with everyone else including Ryan Smyth.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
Fwiw if im farther and nash does agree to waive to come here I offer the following this years 1st and both 3rds Nino (reunite him and Johanson) and a goalie prospect nillsen or poulion and throw wishart into it....that leaves us with a decent roster and im sure ill get **** for it but hey just a thought

Old
02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
blitzkriegs

The one big deal NYI made (Smyth) they gave up expendable assets. None of which mattered and were on the current roster.

Nash (1) Upsets the salary applecart as he will be the highest paid player OVER NYI's franchise player Tavares, (2) Nash is underperforming (one must balance is it all really CLB???), and (3) NYI would have to remove current roster players that have gelled together the past several years.

NYI need to spend money on a friggin real coach (nope, his name will be Doug Weight next season), and stop with training camp invites on D/O. Plenty of stop gap goalies as UFA's, if Nabby moves on.

Closed Thread