HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everything Scott Gomez: The Official Discussion

Old
02-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Bob Gainey...

One of the worst past lock out GM.

PS Beauchemin, Grabovsky, McDonagh, Ribeiro...

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:22 AM
FlamesCanadiens

A Message To Scott Gomez

I found this video pretty fun, and frankly quite honest.

In the Montreal Canadiens distinguished history, there have been many highs, but also some lows. I'm pretty sure that the presence of Scott Gomez, a 7.5 million player, is one of the lowest points in Canadiens history.

This guy doesn't care, no seriousness whatsoever, just wants to have a good time. I still remember how he treated Subban after Subban scored the OT goal against Calgary. He's got a huge ego, and doesn't care about the game any more.

Send him down to Hamilton, and sign somebody who can play, this summer.

FlamesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Bob Gainey...

One of the worst past lock out GM.

PS Beauchemin, Grabovsky, McDonagh, Ribeiro...
Gainey's been far from brilliant overall, but you realize the guy in charge of pro scouting during his time is our GM?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Gainey's been far from brilliant overall, but you realize the guy in charge of pro scouting during his time is our GM?
Based on the last (Gauthier's tenure as a GM) 1 1/2 years:

Pierre Gauthier (Cole, White - instead of Pyatt - , Emelin, Bournival, Eller, Shultz... >>> Gainey (Gomez, Beauchemin, Grabovski, McDonagh, Ribeiro...)

-----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
It's not that serious. I'm sure a guy like Parise will understand that scoring ONE GOAL will prevent this from happening to him. These guys are professionals and they understand that playing in front of 20K people every game might have some repercussions if their level of play is far from being adequate for their salary. Stop making it seem like hockey players are precious little animals who should be shielded from any (well deserved) fan criticism.

The guy hasn't scored in a year and makes $7.5M. If any NHL player cannot understand why the fans are giving him that kind of reaction, they probably aren't that smart to begin with. Do a decent job and nothing of this will happen. This is a very extreme and rare case of possibly the most overpaid player in NHL history not scoring a goal for an entire calendar year. HE. DESERVES. SOME. KIND. OF. BERATING.

Have you seen clients giving an employee a hard time because their work was not up to par? I know I did. I've been on the giving and receiving end of such criticism. It's normal. Why shouldn't it be the same for hockey players? Sure, this might be a little over the top. However, Gomez's streak is also way over the top. As a fan of satire and sarcasm himself, I'm sure he gets it. He's surely not happy about it, but I'm sure he understands.

So yeah. Stop the dramatic overflows of concern for Gomez and our team attracting UFAs. Score one single goal in a year, and this won't happen. End of the story.
What he/she said.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

When the boys go out on a bender I really hope Gomez picks up the tab.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Give us a ****ing break with the garbage about the players hating us for giving Gomez a hard time with his pathetic performance. If you want to play for a team with a knowledgeable fan base who really cares for their team....Rangers, Bruins, Leafs, Nucks, Wings, Flyers...and more...They'd be getting the same stuff. Enough with that. It's a decision you make as a player. Play for a team like LA without a lot of attention, etc, and maybe a nice area to live, or play for a die hard hockey fanbase where the highs and lows will be a bit extreme.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesCanadiens View Post

I found this video pretty fun, and frankly quite honest.

In the Montreal Canadiens distinguished history, there have been many highs, but also some lows. I'm pretty sure that the presence of Scott Gomez, a 7.5 million player, is one of the lowest points in Canadiens history.

This guy doesn't care, no seriousness whatsoever, just wants to have a good time. I still remember how he treated Subban after Subban scored the OT goal against Calgary. He's got a huge ego, and doesn't care about the game any more.

Send him down to Hamilton, and sign somebody who can play, this summer.
Gainey

----------------

The FACTS and History of the Scott Gomez contract (lol at BaseballCoach):

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...0&postcount=13

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 02-06-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old
02-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Well at least he went to the net today. If he'd sone that more he wouldn't be in this mess.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:59 AM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesCanadiens View Post
Good lord, are you serious? Gomez was pissed because they BLEW A 4-0 LEAD. There should have been no OT for Subban to score in.

There are a lot of reasons to slag on Gomez, no need to make **** up.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:04 AM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
explain why the facepalm .. ?
Cause this is how most people view the Markov signing

Markov's Doctor: I have some bad news Mr. Gauthier. Mr. Markov will never walk again, let alone play hockey.
Gauthier: O rly? Hey Markov, want 6 mil per season LOLZZZZZ
Markov: Where do I sign!?

It's not his fault there were faulty reports and numerous set backs.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:38 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

It's never Goat's fault. He hasn't been bad. It's just that we all know he's not good enough.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Mr. Hab

Hab fans vs Hab fans...what a depressing season!!

Gomez not producing (''but he's a nice guy!'').
Markov always absent (not his fault! not his fault! it's the GM's fault! no it's Markov's fault for asking for 3 seasons...greed ; no not his fault not his fault and ''you're forgetting how good he is'' ; bottom line...he's not around to help).

Can't wait till we're all happy again instead of all this waste-of-time/life arguing with each other (happy Hab fans next season? lockout?, or 2013-2014?).

I really really hope something good comes out of this depressing season (1st overall pick or 2nd or 3rd or 4th or, at worst...a 5th overall draft pick).

Go Habs Go!! (we have to wait till season 2013-2014? 'cause of the ****ing greedy players' vs owners' lockout).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:39 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Hab fans vs Hab fans...what a depressing season!!

Gomez not producing (''but he's a nice guy!'').
Markov always absent (not his fault! not his fault! it's the GM's fault! no it's Markov's fault for asking for 3 seasons...greed ; no not his fault not his fault and ''you're forgetting how good he is'' ; bottom line...he's not around to help).

Can't wait till we're all happy again instead of all this waste-of-time/life arguing with each other (happy Hab fans next season? lockout?, or 2013-2014?).

I really really hope something good comes out of this depressing season (1st overall pick or 2nd or 3rd or 4th or, at worst...a 5th overall draft pick).

Go Habs Go!! (we have to wait till season 2013-2014? 'cause of the ****ing greedy players' vs owners' lockout).
maybe if you werent that obsessed...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Mr. Hab

To all Hab fans out there!:
It's sad because when the Habs lose it's always Hab fans vs Hab fans.

We may have to wait till 2013-2014 before we see our Habs in the playoffs. But...we may have a top 3 overall draft pick star prospect playing for us!! We shall see!!

Go Habs Go!! (for 2013-2014!!).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:29 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I undersaid But.

some place having a promotion?

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:26 AM
BeerHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I just don't get why he hasn't done this. I mean the guy has been struggling forever and hasn't changed a thing about his game. He doesn't pay the price or do the dirty work that you sometimes need to do in order to get the puck in the net.

Folks say that he's not a power forward and we shouldn't expect him to be Tim Kerr and that's fine, the guy should still be going to the net. He should be going to the net anyway whether he's struggling or not.

How do you Know he hasn't asked for it? Maybe Molson doesn't care about paying a guy that much money, this season, to be in the AHL. It's not like we are, this season(again), stuck against the cap. and it's not like we are going to Hire a superstar this season. So for now, even though he's a 7millions cap hit, we would still have room to sign someone of almost equal value. even at the beginning of the season.

Gomez, even if he's not productive, isn't the reason why we are so bad, and he still deliver the effort more often then not.

BeerHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHell View Post
How do you Know he hasn't asked for it? Maybe Molson doesn't care about paying a guy that much money, this season, to be in the AHL. It's not like we are, this season(again), stuck against the cap. and it's not like we are going to Hire a superstar this season. So for now, even though he's a 7millions cap hit, we would still have room to sign someone of almost equal value. even at the beginning of the season.

Gomez, even if he's not productive, isn't the reason why we are so bad, and he still deliver the effort more often then not.
He was responded to my post about Gomez going in front of the net....not going in the AHL. That was another one of my posts.

As far as your comment about Gomez not being the reason, well of course it's not always black or white. There are not 1 main problem in this team. If there was, we would be MUCH better. But when you count on a guy to be amongst your top 6 and he can't do that, it's a problem. PP is a problem, yet Gomez, the great puck carrier, was and still part of that PP. Coaches made mistakes, Price didn't make all the key timely saves...it is a TEAM problem. But Gomez is clearly part of it. Yet, in Montreal but also everywhere else, his salary makes it even more a problem unfortunately. And then you start contemplating who he was also traded for and you realize why the outrage. Not only the Rangers succeeded in getting rid of the player but also the salary AND got in return of the most reliable d-man for years to come. It's often not solely about the player itself but all the story surrounding him.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
This really isn't about Gomez its about humanity and the principal on how to tread people. Its about any player in any sport that get booed and go home bummed out. No your not a homer your a pessimist and a hater. Just stop your digging yourself in a deeper hole

I really can't tell if you're serious or not.

If you suck at your job as bad at he is, he SHOULD go home bummed out.

I don't know what rose colored glasses world, you are trying to live in, but he isn't just under performing; he's been a joke.

Do you understand how expensive season tickets are? When you purchase those tickets, go to a game and then have to leave "bummed out" because a guy that has high expectations doesn't even remotely come close to them, should he take any flack ?

**** YEAH.

Your logic is beyond me. Bottom line - Get paid to do a job, do the job or let it be known.

Also being in the public spot light is a part of the game. If he was to cut out the negative side, then by your logic he should also not be allowed to be recognized when things are going well either. But that's how it works and quite frankly I think people have taken it easy on him.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Based on the last (Gauthier's tenure as a GM) 1 1/2 years:

Pierre Gauthier (Cole, White - instead of Pyatt - , Emelin, Bournival, Eller, Shultz... >>> Gainey (Gomez, Beauchemin, Grabovski, McDonagh, Ribeiro...)
Did you read what I wrote?

Gauthier was our head of pro scouting. He thought Niinimaa was a top 4 guy and for some reason thought Scott Gomez was a viable replacement for Koivu.

And Emelin/White have nothing to do with Gauthier.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
Cause this is how most people view the Markov signing

Markov's Doctor: I have some bad news Mr. Gauthier. Mr. Markov will never walk again, let alone play hockey.
Gauthier: O rly? Hey Markov, want 6 mil per season LOLZZZZZ
Markov: Where do I sign!?

It's not his fault there were faulty reports and numerous set backs.
isnt it that what really happened?

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Joe Cole

Does anyone have the clip or Youtube link of Carbonneau on Gomez/Brisebois?

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Joe Cole

I am so disappointed in Guy Carboneau. For christ sakes, a Habs captain is supposed to carry himself with class and leadership.

It was not right for people to boo Brisebois, and it does not correct the past if they boo Gomez now. What kind of class and leadership is that? Why bring in the whole "Quebecois" thing into this either? Aren't you better than that?

Say what you will about Gainey, but when it came to sticking up for the CH and it's players, Gainey stood up. Compare that to what Carbo just said.

I guess Carbo is now the leader of another team. The team of mindless children who actually boo at people.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
baldrick

The fans have been extremely patient with Gomez,giving a veteran lots of respect,
I'm surprised how patient they've been. Unlike the talking heads I believe those who pay to watch the games have the right to express their displeasure in a player's performance especially considering how patient they have been. Why is it only high-paid atheletes who can't be booed,if you went to a concert and the performer flubbed every song would you still cheer them?
Rather than the fans it's Gomez who is the embarrassment,only he doesn't get it. To recover his reputation he should just retire gracefully.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:58 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I am so disappointed in Guy Carboneau. For christ sakes, a Habs captain is supposed to carry himself with class and leadership.

It was not right for people to boo Brisebois, and it does not correct the past if they boo Gomez now. What kind of class and leadership is that? Why bring in the whole "Quebecois" thing into this either? Aren't you better than that?

Say what you will about Gainey, but when it came to sticking up for the CH and it's players, Gainey stood up. Compare that to what Carbo just said.

I guess Carbo is now the leader of another team. The team of mindless children who actually boo at people.
I don't blame the fans. They had fun with the situation. Cool. You guys must live in Duhamel, PQ, to think that other cities don't treat their busts like Montreal does.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Patrice Brisebois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

I guess there's a reason he isn't coaching anymore and is now working on a bush league network like RDS with a bunch of bush league former players like Denis Gauthier, Gaston Therrien, and Benoit Brunet.

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote